PLEBA girls party-WARNING: going after Bono will get you tasered by VP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Russty :hug: I agree totally with how you feel. My father and Brother are both vets but thank God they've never actually been in war. Dad was stationed in Alaska during Viet Nam and Dave was through peacetime, just after Desert Storm. :hug:
I can't even begin to express the frustration over this war and the way the US treats all of it's Vets. :rant:

dazzledbylight said:

and I thought I had it rough! :hug:

Dazz I think in life we all have our burdens to bear. No one is really worse then the other, because for everyone who is involved its just hard. I've taken the first 20 years of crap in my life and learned from it. I've made myself a better person because of it. And it has made me realize that I am damn lucky. Tomorrow morning I will wake up in my own house, with a beautiful sweet man who works hard everyday so that I don't have to. I get to spend everyday with my kids. I've traveled the world and always have a home to come back to. I'm loved and accepted for who I am and who I will become. If to get to this place I had to wade thru the shit, I would do it all again. There is nothing like standing on my back deck at sunset with the man I love just watching Gods creation move by.

I have faith that for everything there is a season and a time under heaven. And this too shall pass. Just remember for every bad today, there will always be a nice tomorrow. :hug:

Russty Cat said:

ROFL SG! I got a migraine headache on my wedding night from all the damn drinking I did that day. I was barely 21. Lets just say there was a lot left to be desired that night. :wink:

I couldn't drink on my wedding day...I was hmmmm....4 or 5 months pregnant. :lol:

Russty Cat said:

I wouldn't say I was supporter of his. Politics are very hard for me, because I feel very strongly about one big issue, War! I'm so against war that I can't agree with what Bush is doing. My father was a vietnam vet and it fucked him up. My husband is a gulf war veteran and it has fucked him up, as well as our childrens health. I'm more of a passaficst so I can't agree with what Bush is doing. I do like some of his ideas, but I didn't vote for him. I didn't vote at all.

Lets just say I'm in a long wage battle against our goverment. Until they recognize my husband and the pain they have caused him I will not vote in their fucked up elections. I have serioulsy considered moving to another country, but Mr. Cat won't.

:hug: :hug: I know it must be frustrating.

Sad_Girl said:

:sad: Man, I had a shitty morning and even early afternoon on my wedding (thanks in no small part to the best man :mad: ) but after we left and went home... that night is probably my favorite memory. or at least top five. (We didn't leave for our honeymoon until the next morning) It was absolutely incredible.
Back when Mark and I were soulmates, and just so deeply in love and friendship it was awe inspiring.

Now it's touch and go, day-to-day. but I guess it'll either make it stronger in the end or it'll make me stronger when I have to go on :shrug:

And whichever the case, we'll be here. :hug:

Sad_Girl said:

:sad: Man, I had a shitty morning and even early afternoon on my wedding (thanks in no small part to the best man :mad: ) but after we left and went home... that night is probably my favorite memory. or at least top five. (We didn't leave for our honeymoon until the next morning) It was absolutely incredible.
Back when Mark and I were soulmates, and just so deeply in love and friendship it was awe inspiring.

Now it's touch and go, day-to-day. but I guess it'll either make it stronger in the end or it'll make me stronger when I have to go on :shrug:

SG I hope that one day you guys can come to some place where you can make each other happy again, whether that be together or just as friends. Believe it or not, Mr. Cat and I were very much were you are a few years ago. I can remember the night we actually had the talk. He told me that we had a really nice ride and a great few years, but if I was ready to walk then I was free to move on with my life. It was the sweetest most selfless thing I ever heard someone say. I did leave and after a few months and almost sleeping with someone else who was a long time childhood friend and someone I had loved for a very long time, I realized that maybe we both just needed to change and learn to deal with the fact that we had nothing in common, but that we still really loved each other. Well that and the fact that he is great in bed! :drool: :lol: Seriously though it was alot of hardwork, but eventually very slowly things got better. We still have our moments, but we've finally learned how to make it work for us.

Russty Cat said:

SG I hope that one day you guys can come to some place where you can make each other happy again, whether that be together or just as friends. Believe it or not, Mr. Cat and I were very much were you are a few years ago. I can remember the night we actually had the talk. He told me that we had a really nice ride and a great few years, but if I was ready to walk then I was free to move on with my life. It was the sweetest most selfless thing I ever heard someone say. I did leave and after a few months and almost sleeping with someone else who was a long time childhood friend and someone I had loved for a very long time, I realized that maybe we both just needed to change and learn to deal with the fact that we had nothing in common, but that we still really loved each other. Well that and the fact that he is great in bed! :drool: :lol: Seriously though it was alot of hardwork, but eventually very slowly things got better. We still have our moments, but we've finally learned how to make it work for us.

That's nice to hear. Mark and I are working on it. It's definitely a weird situation, but everything happens for a reason.

And I am honestly fairly content with it right now, as we are. I don't love it, but I'm ok with it. We're very good friends still, but making a family work is really hard, even (especially, maybe) when it's only two people.

I'm a stronger, happier person for it.

And I think (hope) he is too

Russty Cat said:

Awww....:hug: That's so sweet! I'm happy for you! Consider yourself lucky that you have a guy that is so selfless and considerate. :wink:

VintagePunk said:

Am I that intimidating??? :sad: :sad:

I was just wondering, how far are you from London, and would you be interested in seeing a U2 tribute band and Sloan on June 18th.

See? Not scary at all. :lol:

Phew! And I thought you were gonna say 'actually we can't stand you and are sick of hearing you whine about your problems and can you leave us all alone?!?!?! :lmao: (I'm not the least bit insecure :wink: )

Total Est. Time: 4 hours, 45 minutes Total Est. Distance: 273.75 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom