PLEBA girls party-too hot to handle!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ruffian said:

VP :hug: hope you've had a good weekend (and everyone else). i'm blathering on about the lecture. i'm not gonna sleep tonight wondering if i'll get a ticket...and really, if it's 1000 people at the dinner i'm not sure i'll do it. I want a handshake/hug! The money better go to DATA/ONE campaign, too...

Last night, I was overjoyed at the thought of Chicago, and I put thoughts of Philly to rest. But just now, reading about it, I felt a literal physical pang, and then visions of me shaking his hand (coughattemptingtocharmhimcough) danced above my head, and dammit, now I want to go again.

Too much is not enough. :grumpy:

What the hell is wrong with me?? :crazy:

ruffian said:

isn't Camp at Randolph-Macon? Cool, and hey, archaeologists live in jeans and t-shirts. He was probably diggin' it (no pun intended) :wink:

I'm dying to know how many people are allowed at the dinner. 2000? 5000? the lecture hall only holds 1250 people, and the dinner/cocktail reception is held in the museum which should be very cool.

Night Wild, sweet dreams :hug:

*is impressed* Yes, he is. He heads teh Classics division there. I was going to Randolph-Macon Woman's College at the time, in lynchburg. And his lecture was at Lynchburg College. I don't know what he thought. I don't think Dr. Stevens was too impressed with me. I spent most of dinner (Since I'd never been to one I was akward and clumsy with socializing) talking to the senior girl who was there, because she was interning at Poplar Forest and was also intrested in along the same feild of study I was thinking about. Spent most of the car ride home talking to hera bout it too. *stamps 'DORK' on her forehead right under her 'GEEK' stamp*

Ooohhh. musem. I'd love to go. Unfortunetly the tickets will probably be sold out by the time I get any moeny. *plots to return app to bed, bath and beyond tomorrow, somehow*

Russty Cat said:

Screw it I would go for it!!! I can't afford the stuff I do, but I've never regretted one show or one trip yet! I still can't believe I'm going to Canada, haven't a clue how we are paying for it yet. But its soooo gonna be worth it.

There's always macaroni & cheese and tuna fish for the next few years. ;)

Russty are you coming to Toronto??? :hyper:

thanks for the encouragement--your philosophy has been my motto this whole tour and is the reason i'm ending up going to so many shows :wink:

ruffian said:

VP :hug: hope you've had a good weekend (and everyone else). i'm blathering on about the lecture. i'm not gonna sleep tonight wondering if i'll get a ticket...and really, if it's 1000 people at the dinner i'm not sure i'll do it. I want a handshake/hug! The money better go to DATA/ONE campaign, too...

Ruff, he'd recognize you. I bet you'd get that hug. :wink:

VintagePunk said:

Last night, I was overjoyed at the thought of Chicago, and I put thoughts of Philly to rest. But just now, reading about it, I felt a literal physical pang, and then visions of me shaking his hand (coughattemptingtocharmhimcough) danced above my head, and dammit, now I want to go again.

VP, you've got Bonofever! :lol:

no, I don't know the cure. But do you want one?

VP - What day are you leaving for Chicago? I'm trying to figure out whether it will be worth driving all the way home on Sunday just to turn around and drive to Port Huron to catch the train

VintagePunk said:

VP, I know the feeling, sweetie :hug: I am actually selling a couple tickets off to a friend (I had a seat for Houston that cost me $183) to offset my costs...

I'm sick! But really, I was on the phone 2 and half hours today to Zambia on a conference call (we got a grant that is providing 12 women with start up loans to start their own businesses in the village! Yay!) and the thought of 1) hearing Bono talk about Africa 2) possibly having a chance to have a 5 second conversation with him, and 3) the hotness factor--intellectually AND physically-- of being in one of the front rows while he lectures...

*faint*
*thud*

I don't know when I'll ever have this opportunity...

Sad_Girl said:
VP - What day are you leaving for Chicago? I'm trying to figure out whether it will be worth driving all the way home on Sunday just to turn around and drive to Port Huron to catch the train

:yikes:

I haven't even thought about it. This is a well thought out operation, on my part. ;)

I'll want to hang around TO on Sunday for a while with Wild and Jem (and Ruff? What time are you leaving? And you?).

The Chi shows are Tues and Wed?

I supposed that would mean Monday would be the logical time to go??

Ruff, I hope you get that ticket!!! When I saw this was taking place, my gut reaction was to try to go. But at this point, if I'm going to try for anything else concerning U2 this year, it will be Vegas, baby, Vegas!!!

Bono has done things like this in the past (Portland and Atlanta are two I know of) on non-tour years, so I'm hoping I'll have a chance a little further down the road.

I hope you and other PLEBAns get to go!!!

Diane L said:
Ruff, I hope you get that ticket!!! When I saw this was taking place, my gut reaction was to try to go. But at this point, if I'm going to try for anything else concerning U2 this year, it will be Vegas, baby, Vegas!!!

Bono has done things like this in the past (Portland and Atlanta are two I know of) on non-tour years, so I'm hoping I'll have a chance a little further down the road.

I hope you and other PLEBAns get to go!!!
thanks Diane :hug: I'll let you all know how it goes.

VP, i'll leave Toronto Sunday at 4pm. I teach my class the next day and then run to straight to the airport and fly to Chicago that night. :crazy:

VintagePunk said:

:yikes:

I haven't even thought about it. This is a well thought out operation, on my part. ;)

I'll want to hang around TO on Sunday for a while with Wild and Jem (and Ruff? What time are you leaving? And you?).

The Chi shows are Tues and Wed?

I supposed that would mean Monday would be the logical time to go??

:crazy: Yeah, it does. Shit. WTF. I have to decide if I want to spend sunday driving and then turn around Monday and go to the train. If I stayed, though, that would mean another night at a hotel. But six hours on the highway with these gas prices... AUGH!!

ruffian said:

VP, I know the feeling, sweetie :hug: I am actually selling a couple tickets off to a friend (I had a seat for Houston that cost me $183) to offset my costs...

I'm sick! But really, I was on the phone 2 and half hours today to Zambia on a conference call (we got a grant that is providing 12 women with start up loans to start their own businesses in the village! Yay!) and the thought of 1) hearing Bono talk about Africa 2) possibly having a chance to have a 5 second conversation with him, and 3) the hotness factor--intellectually AND physically-- of being in one of the front rows while he lectures...

*faint*
*thud*

Seeing him in a completely different context. :sigh:

And it's not that I definitely can't go...it's just that the thought of buying tickets tomorrow. :yikes: If they went on sale in another month or so. I'm sure they'll sell out in minutes, though.

ruffian said:

I'm sick! But really, I was on the phone 2 and half hours today to Zambia on a conference call (we got a grant that is providing 12 women with start up loans to start their own businesses in the village! Yay!)

That's awesome news! That's the sort of thing Africa needs!

and the thought of 1) hearing Bono talk about Africa 2) possibly having a chance to have a 5 second conversation with him, and 3) the hotness factor--intellectually AND physically-- of being in one of the front rows while he lectures...

*faint*
*thud*

I'd happly settle for what's behind doors number 1 and 3. Number 2 would be icing on the cake. ;)

00d9f177.jpg

8db05a62.jpg

1c41ae1e.jpg

SG, the pictures you're posting...:combust: :sigh:

I love the man no matter what he looks like, but I personally think the JT/R&H era is when he was at his most physically beautiful...of course, he was 27-28 years old then! And he'll always be beautiful in my eyes for what he is inside. But late 80's pictures of Bono...:sigh:

ruffian said:

Russty are you coming to Toronto??? :hyper:

thanks for the encouragement--your philosophy has been my motto this whole tour and is the reason i'm ending up going to so many shows :wink:

I wish I was coming to Toronto!! :(

I'm actually heading to on a 6 day, two country road trip with my crazy friends to see Pearl Jam in 38 days! :rockon: We are seeing old and new friends and two shows. Its going to be fucking fabulous!

I'm exactly like you though, why not do something if you can make it happen, cuz it might not ever happen again. 2 years ago PJ did a benefit show in Seattle. Only 1,000 seats in a Opera Hall. Well everyone and their mother was trying to get tickets. They sold out in 3 seconds!! Well some how I got a ticket! But only one. So no friends to go with. I had been housebound for like a year at that point. I was really freaked, but a friend convinced me I would be insane not to go.

So I got on a plane, flew to Seattle for one night and saw what has become a PJ show of legend! It was an amazing life changing experience. I don't ever regret it for a minute!!

So we are doing it again! We are seeing a show at The Gorge in Washington. Its called an Evening with Pearl Jam! They are going to do an aquoustic set and then an electric. And we have fan club seats, which means we will probably be within the first 25 rows. I will probably need oxygen after the show. :laugh: Then the next night we see them at a larger show in Vancouver, but we also have fan club seats again so we should have kick arse seats. I love them, cuz every show I get hooked up with awesome seats. And you always get a pair of seats so your guaranteed a seat with a friend.

VintagePunk said:

Cheesy 70's disco hits full of longing, desire, and orgasmic sounds. :combust: :lol:

You could also substitute "Prince" for "Cheesy 70's disco hits" in that sentence. And Bono loves Prince's music. I'm just sayin'.

jobob said:

I'd happly settle for what's behind doors number 1 and 3. Number 2 would be icing on the cake. ;)

:lmao: i'll take any of those doors, ranking the hug/kiss just a bit lower than the conversation. but of course once i see him (if, if, i get a ticket) i'll want to slobber all over him. i don't know if he'd remember me or not. i saw him last in Chicago and he did say "the anthropologist strikes again!" but who knows--i don't even care!

longing, desire and orgasmic sounds... :VP:

*flashbacks of harvest gold shag carpet*

Sad_Girl said:

:crazy: Yeah, it does. Shit. WTF. I have to decide if I want to spend sunday driving and then turn around Monday and go to the train. If I stayed, though, that would mean another night at a hotel. But six hours on the highway with these gas prices... AUGH!!

I need to look and see what time the trains are leaving, I can't remember. This is taking on the urgency/fine tuning of a military operation. :lol:

Ruff, your stamina is simply amazing. :bow:

Russty Cat said:

I wish I was coming to Toronto!! :(

I'm actually heading to on a 6 day, two country road trip with my crazy friends to see Pearl Jam in 38 days! :rockon: We are seeing old and new friends and two shows. Its going to be fucking fabulous!

I'm exactly like you though, why not do something if you can make it happen, cuz it might not ever happen again. 2 years ago PJ did a benefit show in Seattle. Only 1,000 seats in a Opera Hall. Well everyone and their mother was trying to get tickets. They sold out in 3 seconds!! Well some how I got a ticket! But only one. So no friends to go with. I had been housebound for like a year at that point. I was really freaked, but a friend convinced me I would be insane not to go.

So I got on a plane, flew to Seattle for one night and saw what has become a PJ show of legend! It was an amazing life changing experience. I don't ever regret it for a minute!!

So we are doing it again! We are seeing a show at The Gorge in Washington. Its called an Evening with Pearl Jam! They are going to do an aquoustic set and then an electric. And we have fan club seats, which means we will probably be within the first 25 rows. I will probably need oxygen after the show. :laugh: Then the next night we see them at a larger show in Vancouver, but we also have fan club seats again so we should have kick arse seats. I love them, cuz every show I get hooked up with awesome seats. And you always get a pair of seats so your guaranteed a seat with a friend.

oh, Russty, that sounds sooooo fabulous!!!! I'm sad you aren't coming to Toronto but you are going to have an amazing time. The second show in Seattle Eddie Veder came out and played tamourine w/ Kings of Leon and he ROCKED. Smashed through about 5 tambourines and Dallas just kept tossing him new ones. That afternoon John Sampson was saying that Bono had lunch with Eddie that day and was consequently in a great mood. I love PJ :heart:

I love those pics of Bono SG! I have such fond memories of that day. Hearing about it on the radio. It sucked being way to young to go down there! It really blew growing up in OC and always being to young to be involved in the cool things that happen in OC and LA. :(

ruffian said:

:lmao: i don't know if he'd remember me or not. i saw him last in Chicago and he did say "the anthropologist strikes again!" but who knows--i don't even care!

If he said that to you the last time you met, Ruff, he'd remember you if he saw you in Philly.

Didn't you say elsewhere on PLEBA he thought your anthropologists sign was one of the best he'd ever seen?

I'd pay to have B read the phonebook to me. :wink:
I would love to see him lecture on Africa. *sigh*

Hi girls :hug:
Haven't been feeling well, but thought I'd just drop a quick note.

BG, sorry I missed your birthday lil cuz :hug:
But belated Happy Birthday! :dancing:

Ruff, good luck on getting the tickets. :hug: And I am *so* jealous. ;)

And oh, by the time this tour is through, he's gonna know you so well, he'll be taking you out for tea. :tsk:
You better inist I come to? Even if I don't like tea. lol

Anyway, *bleh* just wanted y'all to know that I'm still out there, somewhere.

VP :clonelove: :heart:

Luv y'all girls.
:hug::heart:
Sweet (or naughty) dreams.

Russty, those Pearl Jam shows sound amazing! I hope you have a wonderful time!

It's amazing how the best things can happen when you sort of throw caution to the wind. I wasn't sure I was going to get into the Brooklyn U2 show last year, because there was a lot of talk that audience members were going to be screened and carded and anyone over 30 wasn't going to be allowed in! And I believed this nonsense! But I decided that if I wasn't allowed in, so be it, but I was going down there anyway...everyone was allowed in until the park could hold no more people, it was my GA experience and seeing & hearing them play "City of Blinding Lights" with the lit-up buildings of lower Manhattan and two bridges bordering the park is one of THE great moments of my life!

Sometimes, you just HAVE to go for it!

Back
Top Bottom