Pleba Girls Party - throwing our charms around the world

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yep, gotta admit, have absolutely nothing to complain about re. winter here in sydney, though i'm sure many queenslanders haven't experienced temps below 20C :ohmy: lucky buggers

I wasn't satisfied with my original Jack Sparrow and Will Turner, so I re-built them:

new1.jpg

pirates2.jpg

Drea said:
20C in *winter*?? :ohmy: :ohmy: Must be nice!

yeh, i don't think people in far-north queensland know the meaning of cold :ohmy: :lol: it's an extremely tropical climate, so the flipside is in summer temperatures get massively hot and it's extremely humid...

I've rarely had a chance to get on lately. I miss you all tons! :heart:
Any time I've come to hang out with your girls, dad is on the computer. Effectively cutting me off from you girlies. And I can't very well kick him off now can I?

:shifty: Or can I?

:mac:

Sigh, no. No. I can't.

I've been meaning to PM y'all but haven't even really gotten a chance to do that! :(
But since I had a chance, I just wanted to touch base. Leave a yellow ribbon on the ole oak tree, as it were.
Let you know I'm ok, things are going as well as can be expected. It's nice having dad around a lot though.
And I miss you girls TONS.
:hug:s

And Drea!!:hug:
How are you doin hun? I've missed you too.
Oh, and Happy birthday...again. :tongue:

Sad_Girl said:
:ohmy: Bri? *rubseyes* *pinchesself* :shocked:

:hug: where've you been? how've you been?

SG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:heart:
:clings:

This must be heaven if you're here. :flirt:

I've mostly been anywhere BUT on the computer. :madwife: Seriously, everytime I try to come hang out I get pulled away or dad is already here.
And I've been doing ok. Trying not to worry to much, even if I can't help it. Enjoying some of the nice weather and stuff.

oh

and how could I forget?

PIRATES! :love:

How are you? How's Gav? How's everyone? What have you been up to? Are you a rich and famous author yet? :sexywink:

Bri :hug:

I'm glad to hear you're getting by, even if you can't be here much. I've been thinking of you alot :heart:

Pirates was INCREDIBLE! :faint: I mean... OMG! :lol:

Gav is doing pretty well, about the same as usual - he's supposed to be getting a new cell phone with a camera soon so I should have a new picture :hyper:

I had an essay published as the feature for an e-newsletter, so that's good, but no more word on the short story contest or the novel

I am trying to work on the fan fic a little to, though :wink:

how'd that job turn out for you? as the photographers assistant

It's been so busy getting ready for Jacob's graduation open house this weekend :crack:

I had no idea how much work went into that sort of thing

want to see graduation/wrestling pics and such? :happy:

I've been thinking of you too, (U2 heh) a lot too. I really have missed you all.
I'll see or think something and be all, I bet so and so would find this funny/interesting/whatever....I should start making lists just so I'll remember all things I have to tell!

Omg! Pirates! :love: This one def was better than the second one. Screw the critics, while I could find things to critique, the things they had problems with was all balderdash.
Did you stay still the end of the credits? :shifty:

Oooo! New Gav pics! :drool: Err...I mean...:angel:
Seriously tho, you must send them my way as soon as you get them!
Oh, I forgot, that phone bill you got a while back...did you get all the sorted out?

How exciting!!!! You got something published? :applaud: It's a first step! What was it about?

Oh gosh, the photographer's assistant. I was so excited I got the job you know, I figured I wasn't really qualified, plus they were going to give training.
Anyway, long story short, remember how I wasn't feeling 100%? Well, I was going to try and be a trooper, but when I went and had a nap, Mom called the guy and said I wasn't coming/ called me in sick. I was not pleased, mostly cause she snuck off and did it. I'll resist ranting, but you can't complain that I don't get a job, and then cancel the jobs I do get. Ack.
I'm still going to wrtite the guy and see if he needs someone for the other days though. And I've applied to be a TA at my university.

Last edited:
~BrightestStar~ said:

Oooo! New Gav pics! :drool: Err...I mean...:angel:
Seriously tho, you must send them my way as soon as you get them!
Oh, I forgot, that phone bill you got a while back...did you get all the sorted out?

Yep, I ended up paying $400 last month :crack: we've been doing a little less talking this month :lol:

but it's all good - he's still so sweet :heart:

~BrightestStar~ said:

How exciting!!!! You got something published? :appluad: It's a first step! What was it about?

rather than type it all out again, I'll just direct you to my journal and/or blog :wink:

~BrightestStar~ said:

Oh gosh, the photographer's assistant. I was so excited I got the job you know, I figured I wasn't really qualified, plus they were going to give training.
Anyway, long story short, remember how I wasn't feeling 100%? Well, I was going to try and be a trooper, but when I went and had a nap, Mom called the guy and said I wasn't coming/ called me in sick. I was not pleased, mostly cause she snuck off and did it. I'll resist ranting, but you can't complain that I don't get a job, and then cancel the jobs I do get. Ack.
I'm still going to wrtite the guy and see if he needs someone for the other days though. And I've applied to be a TA at my university.

Not cool at all :madwife: sorry to hear that. I hope he doesn't hold it against you and maybe you can help him out still. And a TA job is a great gig for a student :up:

~BrightestStar~ said:

Graduations open house?
Is that like a pre-grad/prom party or something?

Of course!!! Post away!

No - it's a big all-day house party for the graduate, a ton of people get invited, friends, family, teachers - and a great many of the people who get invited bring the graduate gifts, usually of money towards college and such. there's alot of food, a buffett table of different salads and cakes mostly and we're also barbecuing chicken - it's kind of a big picnic, I guess

:camera:

Last edited:
Sad_Girl said:

Yep, I ended up paying $400 last month :crack: we've been doing a little less talking this month :lol:

but it's all good - he's still so sweet :heart:

Ouch! :yikes:
Weren't you guys set up for some plan for a cheaper rate...or dare I ask...did you just live on the phone for a week or something? :lol:

I can just see you, walking into the shower with it, brushing your teeth with it, you tucking it into bed with you....:p

And omgosh, congrats on the mag! That's fantastic! Clearly a little glimmer of light to let you know you shouldn't give up. :yes:
I'm so happy for you! :heart:

Back
Top Bottom