PLEBA girls party thread-let's go all night!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like we have more in common every day , Russty! :D

And I know what you mean about human rights and bono's passionate speeches... I've been known to get ridiculously upset in discussions of certain things; things which are tragedies of our society that most people ignore or tolerate. I've been told I should've been a lawyer or politician, the way I can go off on my soapbox sometimes. :reject:

And that's definitely one of the big things that drew me to Bono and U2; they aren't afraid to share those thoughts with the world and point those things out which other people find to uncomfortable or troublesome to deal with

Sad_Girl said:
Sounds like we have more in common every day , Russty! :D

And I know what you mean about human rights and bono's passionate speeches... I've been known to get ridiculously upset in discussions of certain things; things which are tragedies of our society that most people ignore or tolerate. I've been told I should've been a lawyer or politician, the way I can go off on my soapbox sometimes. :reject:

And that's definitely one of the big things that drew me to Bono and U2; they aren't afraid to share those thoughts with the world and point those things out which other people find to uncomfortable or troublesome to deal with

Yes we do! :hug: I just knew there was a reason I would like this place. ;)

I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who is affected by the stuff they say. I love that they speak up for people who don't always have the option of making their voice heard. For many years my husband and I lived in a neighborhood that was considered really bad. Most of the people that lived there are what our goverment calls the "working impoverished". Even though they work or get money from the goverment most of them barely survive. To have to watch people live and literally die from lack of food and health care, left an impression on my heart that I will never forget.

I really want to meet Bono in November so I can tell him thank you for speaking up on behalf of my friend who died, because of poverty and because our goverment did not care enough to do something to help her. I want him to know that people are listening and have hope that one day it will all end. And if one person is saved, because of what they have said, then it was all worth it. :heart:

4.gif

I got people to do and things to see er... uh...
things to do and people to see... :wink:
Anyway, I'll catch all of you later; I'm sure! :wave:

Russty Cat said:

Yes we do! :hug: I just knew there was a reason I would like this place. ;)

I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who is affected by the stuff they say. I love that they speak up for people who don't always have the option of making their voice heard. For many years my husband and I lived in a neighborhood that was considered really bad. Most of the people that lived there are what our goverment calls the "working impoverished". Even though they work or get money from the goverment most of them barely survive. To have to watch people live and literally die from lack of food

See ya SG :hug:

I better get my bum in gear as well. Time to go do some shopping. :D

Hi and bye Mullen :D I'll catch ya later.

hey, Russty you have my e-mail address right? we can talk that way too; or on yahoo or MSN messengers; but I'm running late at the moment; not that i don't wish I could stay and chat!

Last edited:
Wild - I was reading a thread lastnite&a few people on there were saying that they'd heard that Manchester tix weren't going to be received til a week before the concert&I agree with them it's ridiculous! Someone said they were going to be travelling and what are they supposed to do to get their tix? I agree :madspit:

It's scandalous that they're leaving it this late!! :mad: They said they couldn't care less what they looked like cos someone said that they wanted to make them special souvenir tix, but who could care less when you worry you won't even get them!!!!!

The SECC box office told me that they would def be ready for Hampden mid-late May, so i'm going to phone tom.!

Hi SG, DG&Fly! :wave:

You're really lucky you've got your tix for October SG! Here i am going in 36 days and i don't have any tickets in my posession! :scream: :no:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom