PLEBA girls party-this is my tribe!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, had to take a momentary retreat out of the thread - Mom came down to get Dad *g* (Getting him to go upstairs to bed since he has to be at work early tomorrow and he'd fallen asleep on the couch here in the basement ;))

Hi Drea :hug:

nice to meet you, rachie :wave:s

Another term we use when it's too quite...particularly those of us who have either visited areas or live in areas that are prone to

*tumbleweeds*

now some one can correct me if I'm wrong....

i guess what a tumble weed actually is is a bunch of semi or fully dried-up vegitation- they tend to occur in the drier parts of the USA {think Movie Westerns- where often at times if there's "ghostown" scenes you'll often see tumbleweeds being blown through} vegitation either is parts not eaten by animals and left on the ground, or after some part dies, falls off main plant, and dries and some how it slowly is blown togther with other such pieces.

Then bit by bit pieces get tangled up, and maybe some interacting laws of geometry & physics they tend to become roundish or ovalish or some curved sort of compacted 3- dimensional shape..... and then the breezes/winds start to blow them about!

ANd they can get pretty big it seems, as they roll along and acquire more 'strands' of veggie material....... ?bri or Dis posted photos of them.
ESP one that was like 6 or 7 feet big!!! I've never seen one that big :laugh: !!!
ANyway it just never occurred to me just how they come about....they don't just spring out of the ground fully formed :D!

so some of use also use tumblweeds to symbolize being alone here.

Last edited:
Drea said:

:laugh: Actually, Dad'd sleep on the couch the whole night if you let him - he does the stereotypical crashing out while watching tv thing :wink:

awww bless him

i fell asleep before i wen tout before, my mate woke me up when she rang me to day she was on her way :lol:

hi dazz :hug:

yeah i remember the tumbleweed pics :laugh:

Oh Drea.... have you seen the Extended version of ROTK....?

I've spent sooo much extra money on the net because of PGP and the U2 Tour etc,....that i haven't saved up for the EE yet. I do have the EE's for th4 first 2 movies, a friendfan of SW & LOTR transfered them to video from her DVDs for me.

Last edited:
dazzledbylight said:

I've spent sooo much extra money on the net because of PGP and the U2 Tour etc,....that i haven't saved up for the EE yet. I do have the EE's for th4 first 2 movies, a ffriendfan of SW & LOTR transfreed them to video from her DVDs.

:ohmy: Thats what I'm watching right now! :cool:

RPG would be another amusing thing to do <not that I don't already have a good amount of amusing/interesting/creative things to do already> But I HATE role playing........ I have very little confidence in myself for what's needed <i think> to do RPG at a decent level.

Yes, I do try new things/situations etc ....but some just are too :uhoh: uncomfortable for me to go near .

Last edited:
dazzledbylight said:

I bought it but I haven't watched it yet :reject: I was watching the other EEs one disc at a time this week, but got sidetracked after the first disc of TTT:EE (by blue crack ;)) From what I've heard about the stuff that's in.. :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom