Pleba Girls Party - The Aunties of Mercy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first one, I read that they issued the warning probably within two minutes, then the storm started about 2 or 3 minutes later, so there wasn't much time. I called my mom and told her if it got bad, to get into her bathroom (no basement), then went to open our basement door...Sarah grabbed a few kittens and wanted to get more, but I told her that they'd find a small space to crawl into, and they'd be safe. That's the storm that the article is from. It only lasted 5 or 10 minutes. The next one was about an hour later, we had a little more warning, and Sarah squeezed 5 of the kittens in a carrier that fits 2 cats :lol: and I carried the 6th. That storm, it got really black, with heavy rain and thunder and lightening, but the winds weren't as bad.

Thora, must have been awful. :yikes: I don't think this one touched down, from what the article said, thank goodness. :yikes:

It's probably hard to tell, but this is what it looks like looking out of my window right now. It's pouring so hard!

Attachments

• rain.jpg
    rain.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 22
:lol: Yeah, we joke about that occasionally.

PM received. That's cool! I've never heard of him before, but he sounds interesting. :)

Yeah, I doubt that anyone outside of the Toronto area would have heard of him specifically, the bands he is/was in, I don't think people would tend to memorize the band members. :lol: But still, I was kinda surprised.

And, the band he was playing in when I met him, they did play at Live 8. It says on wikipedia that they were supposed to be backing Burton Cummings there, but that Cummings had to pull out due to laryngitis, so they went on themselves.

:wave::heart::wave:

hi & bye everyone!
so busy didn't have time to spot in till now, when I have to leav e. :(
I just saw Bri/SG's thread and posted there first!

I'm managing in the heat with a BIG HELP from our living room A/C

just pray that we here in the NYC trisatate area that Con Ed (Ou rin general Electric Company in NYC stays strong!

we have :mad: one more day of mid- july/Aug heat to go....Blah!

Yeah, I have a case of weather-related grumpiness, too. :grumpy: Fucking heat and humidity...It feels like 40C here. :| And last night, we had tornado warnings for several hours. It did get really bad, but no tornadoes, thankfully. Supposed to cool off tomorrow, finally. :drool:

:yikes: tornadoes?? freaky!
I'm glad we dont' get that kinda stuff here... and the heat is less too! it's now in the morning :drool: lovely cool weather... :crack: it'll rise to 30C soon tho..

Heat :drool:

Tornadoes... :yikes: We only get occasional little ones here... don't often cause any damage, but we still get bad storms that take roofs off and drop big hailstones and stuff.

Good for Holland's football team! :up: I heard about their win at work today and thought GG would be surprised :wink:

Hope everyone's safe and well and not too bored by projects :D

:hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom