Pleba Girls Party:... Step in my caravan of love ...Mr lover keep it rockin ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I went in the studio in Dublin recently with them and did a song that Bono had written for me. I'd had it for five years and we finally got together and recorded it," he says. "It's called "Slow Dancing" - it's a great song. I don't know when it's gonna come out. They just gave it to me and said I could put it out anywhere, anyway, I wanted to. I was kind of hoping they'd put it out on their album - they sell more than I do." Cue, more laughter. "Might as well go for the big audience. They're great. All of them are great guys." Willie Nelson.

And I bring you the Willie and U2 version of Slow Dancing, studio version. :)

I should be doing this in a blog, if I had one. :huh:

Thanks for indulging my early-morning meanderings...and if you're bored, just skip ahead. ;)

Or perhaps a journal. That's what they're for, isn't it? But I made a vow to my clone not to write in my journal. We promised to have entry-less journals for the purpose of taunting others. And a clone vow? It's like blood. :wink:

On with the music, for the two of you who are still reading. :wink:

What shall I choose next? :hmm:

Last edited:
Oh!! Oh!! I know!! :hyper:

A 9 minute unreleased studio song, circa Zoo-era.

It starts with a bunch of "oh, honey child"s, and the chorus is "we gotta get together now"...

All through it, B is shouting out directions to the others....chord changes, changes in tempo...

OMG, forceful studio B :combust:

Bet you're all sorry you left me alone now.

That's what you get for sleeping normal hours...or for those of you in the UK (Yes, I'm talking to you, Wild!!) having a life. :wink: Alfie and NI can't take up all that much time, can they? :sad: :wink:

"Stop! two three four...
Chorus! Chorus!...
Keep going...keep going, down to an F....
Stop coming up"

OMG, to hear those orders shouted, set to music.

:combust: :combust:

ETA: Is it wrong if I really like to think about the "keep going, keep going...down" part? :sexywink:

Last edited:
Damn, I hated for that last song to end, what with the forceful B orders and all. :(

I have more of the same ilk...unreleased studio stuff....but my files are so fucked up, will I be able to find them??

Stay tuned. :wink:

BTW, I wonder how BG is doing??

Ahhh....live version of Radar Love.

This song reminds me of a very good friend....strictly platonic. I miss him, wonder how he is. A great guy. He used to "sing" this all the time. :)

An awesome guy who was there for me through some really shiity times....this one's for you, Mike...sorry we lost touch. I miss you. :)

"when I get lonely and the longing is too much...she sends a comfort coming in from above...

;)

Last edited:
Heaven and Hell...another unreleased Snooky classic. Holy fuck, this makes me want to do really bad things....and again, he's shouting out studio directions!!!!! :drool:

:love: :evil:

"nothing feels like this before...
heaven and hell..
baby you're heaven and hell...
F (chord change)"

"The organ...just organ"

OMG :combust:

Can B give me an order? Just once? :drool:

And I won't even mention his organ. :evil:

Last edited:
Mucca? Cindy? Russty?

I have a version of Edge singing Sunday, Bloody Sunday live. Do any of you need it?

He makes it rather mellow...ballady/folksy....but cool, nonetheless. He's the Edge. He's on Fire. :wink:

The version of With Or Without You from the Zoo tv tour, where B makes the famous statement " Let's go to Vegas, let's get married...for a while."

OMG. Whatever you want, B. :drool: :drool: :combust:

"I can't live without you, oh child..."

:ohmy: need I say more????

Is there anyone who can't listen to With or Without you without the "we'll shine like stars in the summer night..." part?

Just like it bugs me to hear Sometimes You Can't Make it on YOur Own without the "no regrets" part...I want to scream at the radio!! Arrrrrgh. :scream: :wink:

Okay, next up...U2's cover of Fortunate Son!! Studio version.

Particularly suited to today's political climate...and earlier this summer, when I saw 2/5 of the original CCR ( I was dragged there by my sister :huh: ) that was my favourite song. :drool:

Diane L said:
Good morning, VP!!!

Are you doing a rundown of ZooRadio? I can't access it because it doesn't allow Macs to use it. :sad:

A person!!!!! :hyper: :hyper:

No, I'm just bored, can't sleep, so I'm doing a really self-indulgent recap of my files, and what I'm listening to. Feel free to ignore. :wink:

Diane L said:
How long have you been awake? Are you feeling okay?

I couldn't sleep for about a month, but the last three mornings I've woken up at about 6:45 as opposed to the middle of the night. That's progress!

I'm fine, just prone to insomnia, and my sleeping hours have gotten rather screwed up, of late. Thanks for asking, though. :hug:

Did you read something in the messages that might indicate I'm not okay? *paranoid - LOL*

Diane L said:
Oh, no, not at all! It's just that insomnia can be a real biatch...I know too well these days!

I'll probably wind up going back to bed in a little while...I really should get my laundry done, though...

This summer, I've been able to work mostly at my home, doing my honours thesis, so I've let myself slip into really bad sleep habits. It's all fine and dandy when you have a 4 pm meeting with your advisor scheduled, then he changes it to a 10 am...and you're an hour from the school. :mad: :lol:

Night Diane :hug:

Back to the show..briefly, I suspect. :)
One Tree Hill live...OMG...has B ever expressed more emotion?

This song (and the story behind it - RIP Greg) damned near brings me to tears every time I hear the studio verson. Live? Wow. *chills*

"I don't believe in painted roses and bleeding hearts, when the bullets rape the night of the merciful...I'll see you again when the stars fall from the sky, and the moon has turned red, over One Tree Hill"

I've been leaning toward agnosticism for several years, but if there's anything that gives me hope of seeing loved ones in the afterlife, it's this....and I thank Bono and U2 with all my heart and soul for that. This song, and particularly the quoted portions, give me chills every time I hear it.

Odd. I'm a reasoning, capable adult, and the one thing that has stopped me and given me reason to potentially believe again is Bono. He moves in mysterious ways..

"His blood still cries from the ground." :sad:

"And when it's raining, raining hard
That's when the rain will break my heart
Raining, raining hard, raining in your heart
Raining, rain into your heart, raining"

:sad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom