Pleba Girls Party - Sing along with us!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^I saw the start of the second one about a week ago, but my computer wasn't cooperating at the time :lol: The download stopped just after the Joshua Tree bit about a minute into it *snerk*

Thanks for the link! I'll watch it right now! Sorry I'm so slow tonight. The laptop seems to be having issues. I'll have to run a defrag later to see if it clears things up. B has probably been downloading too much stuff again. :giggle: :wink:

Originally posted by Alisaura

*hangs head still further*
.... I think NYC looks scary.... :reject:

:hug:

some day when you feel strong & brave..........
I will tell you tales of NYC.
tell you how wonderful : heart : it really IS. give you some tips........etc

I'm a born & bred NYC'r. :D

In fact...
about 2 or 3 threads ago...2 PGP's were possibly trhinking of moving to NYC for work, and so I told them alot of stuff...

if you know redhotswami aka Mia.she's one of them-- so she could point then out to you.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Hooray! :nerds rock! :D I wanted to be a palaeontologist when I was at uni, hence the geology/biology degree. You can't get a straight palaeo degree in Australia....

I thought so. Volcanoes are very cool, as long as they're relatively safe and not endangering people.... :yikes

well Hawaii's deome/sheild volcanoes are susally safe1 except when they really flow and take over property or roads! : (

fascinating!
When i was a tween...or maybe little earlier my folks gave me a Young Adult version of The Leaky's work/discoveries in Africa at ? Old Oldivia Gorge ...I :uhoh: know I'm wreaking that up name wise!

Woohoo! I'm going to Dragon*Con in Atlanta to meet up with my internet friends : D

:lock:

YAY!!! never been to it. but i've heard it's great!

At Lansing MICH it was /still is Media*West*Con.

I gotto a little media zine con in Newark New Jersey...... the person who staRTED it.....i met at mediawest ......
SO I have been going for a bunch of years only :( i missed 95 cause i was SO caught up with U2 in NYC-- I FORGOT! :reject:

THIS yeaR..... I can't remember whether it was a Happy reason or some thing LOUSY that kept me away.

I ahve been to WOrld Con 2xs !:drool:
Baltimoer 98 & Philly 01

Originally posted by Russty Cat

Alison its nice to meet you. And yes I'm the fabled Russty Cat that you probably thought was just a figment of everyones imagination. :wink:

:shifty:

:whistle: ".........whoes that girl?.........."

Drea :hug Dazz :hug: :sexywink: The new house is freakin fabulous! I can actually hide in here. :lol I have heat and my own loo! What more could a girl ask for? :giggle:

:flirt:

WOW.! it sounds fabulousooo!

and you own litle hidey-space! and loo, too!
[ :uhoh: don't throw rocks at me for that! :giggle:]

Def pics :hyper: once you get more settled in etc

dazzledbylight said:

some day when you feel strong & brave..........
I will tell you tales of NYC.
tell you how wonderful : heart: it really IS. give you some tips........etc

Aw thanks :hug: I'll pluck up the courage one of these days! I've never really travelled overseas before, so this whole trip is going to be a little scary for me. :wink: My parents took me to England when I was 3, but I barely remember it.

well Hawaii's deome/sheild volcanoes are usally safe1 except when they really flow and take over property or roads! : (

Yeah, that's why I want to go there. There are loads of volcanoes closer to Australia, but those are mostly scary pyroclastic ones...

i missed 95 cause i was SO caught up with U2 in NYC-- I FORGOT! :reject:

Don't worry, that's a perfectly acceptable reason to miss a con :D

Okay I know this comes as no suprise to you guys, but I love the videos! The first one I think is just fucking fantastic for the pure idea that the guys are fans, just like we are. Being a total music whore it was so cool seeing many great legends in one video.

The second video is such a great concept. From an artists standpoint I love it in black and white. And using some of Corbijns great photos was a fabulous idea. I love that they look 2 dimensional when the background is in 3-D. The only downfall is the motion. Being someone who struggles with being dizzy most of the time I couldn't even watch the whole thing. I would have been sick by the end. :lol: But as always they were inspiring and great videos to go with a really great song.

Dazz once I finish getting the furniture in the house I'll definetly take pictures. My mom keeps laughing everytime she comes here, because we have a picture of Pearl Jam temporarily hanging in the living room. Someone stuck it up as a joke and we've just never moved it. :giggle:

Originally posted by Alisaura

Aw thanks :hug: I'll pluck up the courage one of these days! I've never really travelled overseas before, so this whole trip is going to be a little scary for me. :wink: My parents took me to England when I was 3, but I barely remember it.

I became terrified of flying after my first trip to media*west* 1987 and even tho for 3 more years I haD MONEY i WENT BY BUS INSTEAD.
before that I had flown in 75 and became SO scared THAt TIME that even tho I had money then I never flew until that media west

i went across my USA first to see the Hight Desert of Arizina/Monument Valley, SF & LA [cousin there]. I went by bus. Had 2 week pass to get on & off as much as I wanted to like a Eurorail pass!

Don't worry, that's a perfectly acceptable reason to miss a con :D

:wink:
THANK Goodness it WAS for a WONDERFUL reason.

Russty Cat said:

Dazz once I finish getting the furniture in the house I'll definetly take pictures. My mom keeps laughing everytime she comes here, because we have a picture of Pearl Jam temporarily hanging in the living room. Someone stuck it up as a joke and we've just never moved it. :giggle:

:giggle:

I look foward to it! :lock:

I understand - i didn't see it.but when my sis & i were at the ETS pre-show bar & food U2 partry.they were playing the Slane vid!
My sis says....:eyebrow:
I don't remmeber it LOOKING like THAT!

i reminded her......that's b/c we taped the oringinasl show airing and NOT the later DVD!

BUT then she turned around to look at EBTTRT and afgter a few secs had to look away!... saying...... I forgot i can't look at that one!

and THAT from a person who could at least in the past go on alot of the round [not upside down rides] rides that I COULDN't go on!

Russty Cat said:
Okay I know this comes as no suprise to you guys, but I love the videos!
[....]
But as always they were inspiring and great videos to go with a really great song.

They are cool... I think I almost prefer the first one, just for the sheer coolness of the concept (apparently someone's done it before, but still!), and just thinking of the DAYS it must have taken the poor wretches to put it all together with the lyrics like that.
Plus the crowd bits were filmed in Melbourne :D I was outside the pub where they filmed it. If only I'd been inside... :sigh:

Dazzled: It's not the flying that worries me so much (I've flown on short flights a few years ago), but just the whole thing of being in a completely different place, not knowing the area or most people, and the whole fear of missing planes and being arrested by customs people cos I looked at someone the wrong way... :yikes:
Then there's the ever-present danger of having my luggage sent to Bolivia instead of London...

I'm probably just being paranoid, but I'll feel a lot better about my travelling skills once it's all over. :)

I hate when stuff like that happens. Finding out later that you were so close always sucks! :madspit:

Well girls I should head to bed. Its been a long day. Its great to be back and I'll see ya tomorrow. Nighty night :hug: :heart: :)

Russty Cat said:

Well girls I should head to bed. Its been a long day. Its great to be back and I'll see ya tomorrow. Nighty night :hug: :heart: :)

I spent most of my netcafe $$ tonight instead of splitting it up tonight-tomorrow, but it was worrth the extra $ to end up seeing you Russty "in person"" i' ve missed most of you drive-by postings lately,
take care, hon.

and Then meet another "fellow" Science geek and Con goer! And refind my "Fiver" pal! :hug:S

and everyone else as usual! :yes: don't feel i'm leaving you out! :hug:S

Alisaura said:

They are cool... I think I almost prefer the first one, just for the sheer coolness of the concept (apparently someone's done it before, but still!), and just thinking of the DAYS it must have taken the poor wretches to put it all together with the lyrics like that.
Plus the crowd bits were filmed in Melbourne :D I was outside the pub where they filmed it. If only I'd been inside... :sigh:

Dazzled: It's not the flying that worries me so much (I've flown on short flights a few years ago), but just the whole thing of being in a completely different place, not knowing the area or most people, and the whole fear of missing planes and being arrested by customs people cos I looked at someone the wrong way... :yikes:
Then there's the ever-present danger of having my luggage sent to Bolivia instead of London...

I'm probably just being paranoid, but I'll feel a lot better about my travelling skills once it's all over. :)

Oh.............yeah..........it's ALL perfectly understandable!! :yes:

esp with things the way they curently are and the still ever-present Problem of Luggage going off on "their own" trips! :uhoh: :madwife:

Last edited:
:lol: Reading the time wrong probably means you need to go to bed ;)

Goodnight Drea and Russty Cat! Nice to meet you both :D

Well, I'm not a con-goer yet.... :wink:
Good night Dazzled! :hug:

I think it's time we embarked on Season 4 here... :D

:lol:

WHAT i looked at was a REAL set of numbers -- 3:38
BUT
it was the running time of how long I've been on this computer after 8PM = 3$/Hr.

for some reason the clock on the computer has been off several hrs the last 2 visits I also made here. SO i just ignored it.

it was when i looked up at my latest post i saw the time adjusted for my timezone on Inference.

and yeah..... season 4 rawks!

HIi girsl!

I finally coaught up with everything... I was out tonights with my girls. We went out on thew town and had a bit of fun. :Lol:

I didn't catche any of teh hockey highlights drea, but I ddi hear that Vancouver did win over TO 6-1! I did call thatw e would win! :wink:

Hopefwully see you all tomorwo. Or today. Its' 1ma and i'm a bit druknk. Oops. Love you all! :hug:s

Haven't been here that much lately... Gosh I miss this place :sigh:

Nobody's probably around right now, but I just wanted to say that I hope everyone's doing alright... I miss you guys :hug:

See you soon :wave:

ThoraSEB said:
HIi girsl!

I finally coaught up with everything... I was out tonights with my girls. We went out on thew town and had a bit of fun. :Lol:

I didn't catche any of teh hockey highlights drea, but I ddi hear that Vancouver did win over TO 6-1! I did call thatw e would win! :wink:

Hopefwully see you all tomorwo. Or today. Its' 1ma and i'm a bit druknk. Oops. Love you all! :hug:s
:drunkpostlove: :giggle:

Hey MJ :hug: Hey everyone, just stopping in to say hi :wave: Hope everyone has a great morning/day :hug:

Well, it *is* pretty early here still :lol:

We definitely got snow overnight, and it's still snowing a tiny bit.. not sure if I'll have to pull the boots out tomorrow or not.

Back
Top Bottom