Pleba Girls Party - Sing along with us!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
love2bmama said:

:yes: it's easy to see how, when you get on one of these threads and chat for a while you can really rack up the posts. :up:

well, we love to have silly fun :lmao:, sometimes really serious discussions, various creative endeavor discussion and :scratch:........

I

am

forgeting something.............

:scratch:
I think.........

:ohmy:
OH, how COULD I forget...............

.....drooling !!!!

:lmao: :lmao:

AND

music discussions too. :D

dazzledbylight said:

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: SHINEY Things!

:lol: That cracked me up...

BTW where are you saving up to go to!?!? :hyper:

UK and US, in August. I've bought the plane ticket, so I'm committed now! I'm going primarily to see friends and family over there that I either haven't seen for a long time, or have never met cos they're internet friends. Most of them I've been chatting to for like five years or more... :)

I think I should visit the Zoo Confessional and beg forgiveness for planning a trip like this and excluding Dublin from my itinerary.... :reject:

Flybabe: Yes, I am relatively new to PLEBA... please be gentle with me. :wink:

Drea said:

Yup :lol: Hang out here and your post count'll skyrocket :wink:

These threads and the setlist parties pretty much did it for me! I only caught the last few setlist parties, but I became a War Child in one of them. :)

flybabe said:

Dazzy! I haven`t seen you in a while,what you been up to?:hug:

I misplaced my Library card after Tuesday.so i couldn't go onn the net , and i didn't have the money till yesterday to be here at the netcaFE [no Internet at home, not enuff steady$ for that-- I'd have to give uop some other very enjoyable pastime.:madspit: }

I just uploaded my first bunch of jpegs and little Quicktime movies to a puter file [at a special Art workshop I attend], then burned Dvds for them [and removed some of the stuff friom the file}.
THEN i copied some sections of some jpegs to a new file in Corel Painter, along with a few STATIC shots off of one of the little movies.

This is so i can make some cards using parts of my own photos-- and "draw" or paint" in Corel Painter /or Photoshop! :hyper: :hyper:

I've been following Computer Art and graphic Design since Mid-late 80's.
I was finally able to start actually have hands learning 2 1/2 years ago. :heart:

A friend very reccently gave me a l'il used digital camera, while she upgraded to more complec & better one.

I've been takinf pics since i as around 11 yrs. ANd have a [now semi-broken] Film SLR of 36 yrs, and a simple film camera my sis gave me some yrs back.

ANd :lol: yeah, my sis gave me HER More complex Film camera.........but it also needs fixing.

SO thank goodness this digi one came along so I can do a lot MORE-until I get the others fixed.

how have you been, flybabe?

I get :bono: and :larry: induced sometimes:drool:

see these kind of conversations will have you to 2000 in a split second,speking of "Seconds" :drool:

Drea said:
^:lol: The only Bono-induced moment I have is during the Stay vid :wink:

...all my other ones are :adam: or :larry: induced :drool:

ah, an Adam and Larry girl. You know, way back in the early '80s, I had their names confused for the longest time. I hated the name Larry, and thought Larry was SO cute, that couldn't possibly be his name.

Of course, I went on to marry a Larry, and now I don't mind the name at all. :wink:

dazzledbylight said:

I misplaced my Library card after Tuesday.so i couldn't go onn the net , and i didn't have the money till yesterday to be here at the netcaFE [no Internet at home, not enuff steady$ for that-- I'd have to give uop some other very enjoyable pastime.:madspit: }

I just uploaded my first bunch of jpegs and little Quicktime movies to a puter file [at a special Art workshop I attend], then burned Dvds for them [and removed some of the stuff friom the file}.
THEN i copied some sections of some jpegs to a new file in Corel Painter, along with a few STATIC shots off of one of the little movies.

This is so i can make some cards using parts of my own photos-- and "draw" or paint" in Corel Painter /or Photoshop! :hyper: :hyper:

I've been following Computer Art and graphic Design since Mid-late 80's.
I was finally able to start actually have hands learning 2 1/2 years ago. :heart:

A friend very reccently gave me a l'il used digital camera, while she upgraded to more complec & better one.

I've been takinf pics since i as around 11 yrs. ANd have a [now semi-broken] Film SLR of 36 yrs, and a simple film camera my sis gave me some yrs back.

ANd :lol: yeah, my sis gave me HER More complex Film camera.........but it also needs fixing.

SO thank goodness this digi one came along so I can do a lot MORE-until I get the others fixed.

how have you been, flybabe?

:ohmy: wow,seems like one heck of a week maybe...

I`v been fine,I can`t wait to get driving:up:

Speaking of Larry... can someone explain the "Lardence" thing? I see people mention it here, and I saw the bit of the UF doco last night where Brian Eno was saying something about it...
That's not Larry's actual name is it??

Alisaura said:

:lol: That cracked me up...

UK and US, in August. I've bought the plane ticket, so I'm committed now! I'm going primarily to see friends and family over there that I either haven't seen for a long time, or have never met cos they're internet friends. Most of them I've been chatting to for like five years or more... :)

I like to make people laugh...and I :love: to laugh too!

OH cool...................that IS a BIG trip to plan for!:hyper::applaud:

If you don't have any friends/fam in NYC and you are planning to visit........I can give you ideas/tips etc of things you'd be interested in seeing.

:eek:

NOT going to Dublin................

:shame: .you have some 'splaing to do, too!

:wink:

Last edited:
Alisaura said:
Speaking of Larry... can someone explain the "Lardence" thing? I see people mention it here, and I saw the bit of the UF doco last night where Brian Eno was saying something about it...

I can't remember where I read it, I'm sure someone will know. But it's a nickname the other boys gave him. I call my hubby that sometimes, just to make him mad :giggle:

Alisaura said:

Nope - Larry's actual name is Lawrence Mullen - he added the Junior later on when the Irish tax people started getting he and his dad confused :lol: Lardence is a nickname *g*

Back
Top Bottom