Pleba Girls Party - Sami's looking Beautiful on the rail in Miami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I actually got three boxes packed and labelled tonight :wink: I still have a crapload to go, but at least I can say that I've actually started! :giggle:

jobob said:

I just reenrolled in mine for 2006 ... my little reminder of how much my medical, dental, and vision plans cost me and my company, if I don't switch employers during the year ...

:yikes:

Anyway, back to you, Diane, with no health insurance ...

An even stronger :yikes:

Is there some sort of clinic you can go to where you live? Or an urgent care clinic or, as a very last resort, the emergency room?

Yeah, I can go to the emergency room. I'm just hoping it doesn't have to come to that.

My premiums went up to $640 a month, which is an outrageous amount to pay. So, I had to drop my coverage.

Diane, I'm doing fairly well, thanks. Other than a little boy-induced angst right now. :wink: Hope you're feeling better soon! I felt like crap in Toronto, and took Robitussen chest cold syrup, and it was like a miracle drug. :heart:

Joanne, I say go for it, too. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

~BrightestStar~ said:
Instead of ebay, what if you tried to get rid of your boston ticket here on nterland, for face?

I've tried to sell tickets here, but I've never had any luck. Actually, I would rather sell the ticket to someone here, who I know is a fan, rather than some anonymous person on eBay. But I just haven't had any takers on my tickets here.

VintagePunk said:
And if it gets to the point where you'd rather just sit there and mull things over endlessly rather than act, that could be a problem.

VP, did you set up survelience cameras in my house? :yikes:

Because, you know, I have that very problem ... :reject:

Diane L said:

I've tried to sell tickets here, but I've never had any luck. Actually, I would rather sell the ticket to someone here, who I know is a fan, rather than some anonymous person on eBay. But I just haven't had any takers on my tickets here.

Does Ruff have a Boston Ticket? Seems like she was saying earlier that she didn't?

Drea said:
I actually got three boxes packed and labelled tonight :wink: I still have a crapload to go, but at least I can say that I've actually started! :giggle:

Congrats! :D

Health care in the states is nuts. I still remember doing my inqry paper last year on health care in South America...and one of my arguments against privitization was the States.
Did you know there's one country, darned if I could remeber the name, some little tropical place, anyway, ALL health care for *anyone* (yes even noncitizens) is paid for by the government.
Even Canada ain't that altruitstic. :lol:

The American health care system is crazy. Not enough coverage for essential things, too much coverage for some non-essential things. Darned if I know what could replace it, though.

I work with a woman who grew up in Michigan, married a Canadian, now lives in rural southwestern Ontario, works in Detroit -- and regularly goes back across the border to the U.S. for medical care for herself and her 17-month-old son (who was born in Detroit). She doesn't like Canadian health care. She says the waits are too long and she doesn't like the treatment she gets.

Last edited:
jobob said:

I work with a woman who grew up in Michigan, married a Canadian, now lives in rural southwestern Ontario, works in Detroit -- and regularly goes back across the border for medical care for her and her 17-month-old son (who was born in Detroit). She doesn't like Canadian health care. She says the waits are too long and she doesn't like the treatment she gets.

"Rural southwestern Ontario"? Where exactly Joanne (since that's my home area... you could probably name any place around there and I'd know it *G*)

Drea said:

"Rural southwestern Ontario"? Where exactly Joanne (since that's my home area... you could probably name any place around there and I'd know it *G*)

I think Anne and her husband live near Amhersburg.

jobob said:
The American health care system is crazy. Not enough coverage for essential things, too much coverage for some non-essential things. Darned if I know what could replace it, though.

I work with a woman who grew up in Michigan, married a Canadian, now lives in rural southwestern Ontario, works in Detroit -- and regularly goes back across the border to the U.S. for medical care for herself and her 17-month-old son (who was born in Detroit). She doesn't like Canadian health care. She says the waits are too long and she doesn't like the treatment she gets.

In my weak amount of research for my paper, the best systems seem to be a heavy Public, minorly private mixed health care system. It's worked well in a number of S.Am. countries quite well.

As for canadian.....well, it isn't perfect, but I have some relatives in the states, and I def think I would take ours over yours. (no offense)
As for waiting times, it's all in your determination, and who you know.

My grandfather was originally told we would have to wait 8 months just for the consultation on his surgery. Then he was talking to a guy at the hospital (he volunteers there) who had just recently had the same surgery, he got reffered to his doc from the next town, and got the surgery (hip replacement)..in about a month I believe.

I need to figure out how to use Paint so I can crop a concert photo. Or just crop a photo. Not tonight, though, I need to go to bed soon.

Listened to HTDAAB for the first time in ages tonight. Sarah kept commenting that she preferred the live versions of the songs to the album versions. COBL came on, and I asked her if the album version held any appeal for her.

Sarah: Duh. Do you see confetti dropping from our ceiling? :grumpy:

Apparently, I now have to rig a confetti-dropping mechanism in order to enjoy the song.

Back
Top Bottom