PLEBA girls party-rockin the casbah with U2!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sami0201 said:

:bow: :bow:

I was literally JUST looking at that thread saying to myself that I want that picture as a desktop without the words!!! :happy:

:lol: Souly asked for a wallpaper of that pic last night :wink:

Of course, it IS my current wallpaper... but I give her credit for motivating me to make it :)

Sad_Girl said:

:lol: Souly asked for a wallpaper of that pic last night :wink:

Of course, it IS my current wallpaper... but I give her credit for motivating me to make it :)

:lol:

hi! :hug: didn't realize anyone was here :shifty: :wink:

how are you?

it's my current wallpaper now too :love:

Morning Girls :wave: :hug:

Sorry if I'm acting :rant:ish or :mad:....I have a good reason for it.....my dad is going flaky over money issues....Yea...I can understand that he's concern....but he's taking that concern into full blown psycho mode....complete with crying spells and child like fits.

But don't worry....I'm not going to be mad at you guys.

sami0201 said:

:lol:

hi! :hug: didn't realize anyone was here :shifty: :wink:

how are you?

it's my current wallpaper now too :love:

:wave: :hug: Hi! :laugh:

I actually have the one I put his name on up... which is weird, because unless it's lyrics or something of that sort I usually like my wallpaper pics without words. :shrug:

^weldy:hug:

money issues are tough:down: he probably needs to get frustrations out of his system.

we are here for you if you wanna talk about it:hug:

Dismantled said:
^weldy:hug:

money issues are tough:down: he probably needs to get frustrations out of his system.

we are here for you if you wanna talk about it:hug:

Thanks Dis :hug:

But that's the problem...he's been :rant:ing over said money issues for the past 5-10 years....and now it's coming to a irritating head.

He said he thinks he might be having a nervous breakdown and thinks that we can't be saved from our current conditons. And we tried everything really.

Morning Dis :hug: Weldy :hug:

Sorry to hear you're having a tough morning, Weldy :hug: money is a real bitch. Especially this time of year.

At the hospital where my mom worked until recently, they just fired two of her old co-workers this week. :huh: they were the two who needed the money more than most people, too, just scraping by and single income households.

Merry Fucking Christmas, bah humbug, I guess :sigh:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Thanks Dis :hug:

But that's the problem...he's been :rant:ing over said money issues for the past 5-10 years....and now it's coming to a irritating head.

He said he thinks he might be having a nervous breakdown and thinks that we can't be saved from our current conditons. And we tried everything really.

:( It must be really stressful for all of you. I know after my dad left..my mom went through a phase like that...I was in college and was wracked with so much anger and guilt it was unbearable.

I wish there was a way to help you:hug: All I can offer is support but I know thats not enough:hug:

you guys will get through it:yes:

Sad_Girl said:

Sorry to hear you're having a tough morning, Weldy :hug: money is a real bitch. Especially this time of year.

At the hospital where my mom worked until recently, they just fired two of her old co-workers this week. :huh: they were the two who needed the money more than most people, too, just scraping by and single income households.

thats so sucky:mad: wft are some companies thinking.....heartless bastards.:down:

Sad_Girl said:

Yea...that's my problem...My family is just scraping by before I got fired....and now that I got fired and no one will hire me for the Christmas season...my dad thinks we are going down a firey hole that we can't escape from.

I've tried Ebay (He said that "nope, can't afford it cause of the $3 per item fee"), Amazon.com (They shut us down cause of a prior deed my dad did....he used my mom's savings account to put money into the bank. :shrug: Don't ask me...I don't know the full detail) and currently I'm trying a bunch of Survey sites to get the money. And my dad stills want to get rid most of our stuff for money....like books, classical dvd's, posters....that's sort of thing....but I don't know where to find a site or place in Illinois that sells stuff like this really.

Dismantled said:

thats so sucky:mad: wft are some companies thinking.....heartless bastards.:down:

Yeah, they have this one woman who goes into a department that isn't doing well and takes over management; then she gets rid of all the employees who've been there long enough to make a decent salary and/or have vacation time built up etc...

I think out of the people who worked there with my mom there are only like 3 left out of 15 or 20. She's replaced the rest with new hirees after either firing the old or making work so miserable that they quit. :huh:

I told my mom we should send her a Christmas card telling her to keep her eyes open for the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future :|

Dismantled said:

:( It must be really stressful for all of you. I know after my dad left..my mom went through a phase like that...I was in college and was wracked with so much anger and guilt it was unbearable.

I wish there was a way to help you:hug: All I can offer is support but I know thats not enough:hug:

you guys will get through it:yes:

Yea....me and my mom are worried about my dad's health cause of this. I'm starting to feel guilty about not having a job....just like what you went through with college.

I know that we can get through this....but like I said to SG....my dad seems to think that we are entering a firey hole that we cannot escape....for some reason :shrug:

Thanks anyways guys :hug: You guys are always the best :hug:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Yea...that's my problem...My family is just scraping by before I got fired....and now that I got fired and no one will hire me for the Christmas season...my dad thinks we are going down a firey hole that we can't escape from.

I've tried Ebay (He said that "nope, can't afford it cause of the $3 per item fee"), Amazon.com (They shut us down cause of a prior deed my dad did....he used my mom's savings account to put money into the bank. :shrug: Don't ask me...I don't know the full detail) and currently I'm trying a bunch of Survey sites to get the money. And my dad stills want to get rid most of our stuff for money....like books, classical dvd's, posters....that's sort of thing....but I don't know where to find a site or place in Illinois that sells stuff like this really.

:hmm: have you tired offering help to people...I know some offer to buy/ wrap christmas gift...shovel driveways, walk pets....watch pets while people are away.....stuff like that....

Sad_Girl said:

Yeah, they have this one woman who goes into a department that isn't doing well and takes over management; then she gets rid of all the employees who've been there long enough to make a decent salary and/or have vacation time built up etc...

I think out of the people who worked there with my mom there are only like 3 left out of 15 or 20. She's replaced the rest with new hirees after either firing the old or making work so miserable that they quit. :huh:

I told my mom we should send her a Christmas card telling her to keep her eyes open for the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future :|

:up: good idea for a christmas card! Thats a terrible way to do things, just cleaning out a department like that...and especially before christmas:tsk:

Hey GG:hug:

Sad_Girl said:

:wave: :hug: Hi! :laugh:

I actually have the one I put his name on up... which is weird, because unless it's lyrics or something of that sort I usually like my wallpaper pics without words. :shrug:

:yes: I usually like without words too...except that Electrical Storm one you made :love:

I was catching up at the setlist party, they were there until like an hour ago!! :lmao:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

I've thought about that...and having kind of a side business....kinda like Ebay/yard sale sort of thing.

Today is as good of a day as any to start:up: Don't even talk about them with your family...just do it, today:yes: all it takes is a piece of paper a marker...write your services on paper with your phone number and go tack them up all over the place:yes:! It might give your dad some hope:hug:

Sad_Girl said:
You'll get by Weldy; keep looking for options, be creative and have faith :hug:

I have faith too SG....I have faith too :hug:

(I'm also think about writing a book or create a book written by other people....but I'm not a creative writer and I don't think I have the paitences for it...:shrug: )

Hey GG IllinoisCloneLove....I got done writing you a note.....I'm still deciding to send you a gift with the note/card.....since you gave me something when we met on 9/20. And I still need to send this to you :hug:

Weldy :hug:

you can do like what dis said...people make money doing almost anything these days!! like a teenage boy rang our doorbell yesterday asking if we wanted him to wash our cars! :shrug: A lot of people were paying him :yes:

Back
Top Bottom