Pleba Girls Party: Riding bulls with big horns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FlyYourKite said:
Hi girls! :wave: :hug:

Today is crappy :crazy: I just dropped over $600 at the bookstore for textbooks, work called and when I said I couldn't go in they got all bitchy, and as if that wasn't enough the monthly friend is here wrecking havoc :scream:

:lol: How's everyone doing?

Fly, it is outrageous what publishers charge for textbooks these days...you can often find them used on amazon.com or half.com, even the latest editions. Sorry your day isn't going well--when it rains it pours...

to cheer everyone up: (even if you have seen these, can't hurt to drool a little more)

bonobw2.jpg

DG it's hot as hell here as well. It's 30C which I guess is around mid 80s, but then add the humidex and well...it all goes to hell :crazy: :lol: How's Hurricane Emily doing? Any more destruction?

The guys are bringing in all the drywall for our basement today and they keep asking for water. Poor fellas.

Hey Ruff! :hug: That picture is so :drool:

SG isn't here is she? For Drea and SG and other Adam fans:
*edited to resize

bryanwithadam.jpg

ok, one more (and yes, I always look at other cities' weather, mostly internationally. thought I was the only one!)

what a smile!

adam_amsterdam.jpg

FlyYourKite said:
Ruff, what was your favourite city you traveled to/in and why?

Traveling :love:

crazy emily, creating all this havoc! :wink:

fly, it's hard to even pick. just visited Dublin for the first time, and for obvious reasons... :heart:

Florence, Italy is one of my favorite places, probably (great combo if history and contemporary culture, beautiful countryside, great food and art and shopping) ...though I love Boston (history and quaintness plus big city stuff), Seattle...(record stores, beautiful scenery, laid-back people, good vegetarian food). My love for travel is one of the main reasons I became an anthropologist. What about you? Favorite city you have ever visited? Place you would most like to visit?

ruffian said:

fly, it's hard to even pick. just visited Dublin for the first time, and for obvious reasons... :heart:

Florence, Italy is one of my favorite places, probably...though I love Boston, Seattle...my love for travel is one of the main reasons I became an anthropologist. What about you? Favorite city you have ever visited? Place you would most like to visit?

Ah Dublin :love: I cannot wait until next summer! :hyper: Hmm...I'd have to say Amsterdam is my favourite city...but I have lots of "places" that have a strong place in my heart which aren't necessarily cities. Hmm I think I'd most like to visit Dublin and thankfully that will be coming true!! Next summer from the end of April to the end of August I'll be in Dublin :drool:

Drea, since you live in toronto your mission (should you choose to accept it, and I'm not giving you any choice) is to find out where the band are staying when they play there :wink:

My world traveling experiences consist of driving to Florida.
I've collected a wide variety of flyers from a vareity of States.
I'm so worldly.
:wink:

Nice pics Ruff :love: :drool:

And sorry your day hasn't gone well so far Fly :hug: :hug:
Textbooks are crazy expensive, Although in my program, many upper years give or sell there books to lower years for a fair price. :up:

Still exspensive though :madspit:

ruffian said:

Florence, Italy is one of my favorite places, probably...though I love Boston, Seattle...my love for travel is one of the main reasons I became an anthropologist. What about you? Favorite city you have ever visited? Place you would most like to visit?

Boston :heart: And not just because I live a half hour from there. :wink:

For me, London and Paris. If I could, I would move to London. It seems like a place where I would be at home. The view from the top of the Eiffel Tower at night, with the whole city lit up, was amazing. Even though I'm terrified of heights. :lol: I also love San Francisco. That would be another city I can imagine myself living in.

I would love to go to Italy. :drool: I'd drag my father there, since he speaks fluent Italian. :lol:

FlyYourKite said:

Ah Dublin :love: I cannot wait until next summer! :hyper: Hmm...I'd have to say Amsterdam is my favourite city...but I have lots of "places" that have a strong place in my heart which aren't necessarily cities. Hmm I think I'd most like to visit Dublin and thankfully that will be coming true!! Next summer from the end of April to the end of August I'll be in Dublin :drool:

Hey, *I'll* be in Ireland from about May 1-May 20! I was out drinking beer with another professor last week and we decided to teach a course there in 2006. We'll have to meet up! Are you vacationing? Our course will be based in, er, Dublin... :reject: but we'll travel around quite a bit...

I've only been to Amsterdam once--did love it...great people.

daygloeyes2 said:

Boston :heart: And not just because I live a half hour from there. :wink:

For me, London and Paris. If I could, I would move to London. It seems like a place where I would be at home. The view from the top of the Eiffel Tower at night, with the whole city lit up, was amazing. Even though I'm terrified of heights. :lol: I also love San Francisco. That would be another city I can imagine myself living in.

I would love to go to Italy. :drool: I'd drag my father there, since he speaks fluent Italian. :lol:

DG, Italy is great. I'm not totally fluent, but can hold a conversation pretty well. I'll teach you some nice profanity you can use to shock your dad :evil: Love London but too damn expensive. Only spent 2 days in Paris and thought it was lovely but the people I met were not big on the American love.

Bri, you're a young whippersnapper. "When I was your age..." I had not seen much of the world. Your time will come :hug:

Bri :hug: That's great you get good prices on books. Unfortunately nursing textbooks are meant to be kept from year to year as they are useful as references. So although it sucks that they're so expensive, in the long run I guess they'll be worth it :shrug:

We'll definitely have to meet up Ruff! :hyper: I'm not really sure what you'd call the purpose of my trip...I'm going with this thing called SWAP (Student Work Abroad Program) so I'll be looking for a seasonal job while I'm there. My roommate from last year's family moved back to Dublin earlier this spring and we've become very close friends. So we're going to both go back next summer (me to find a job and hang out/travel, her to spend time with her family/travel). I am so excited. :drool:

I loved London too DG. Except for the food poisoning :lol: But aside from that, it's a great city. Very expensive, but great.

FlyYourKite said:
Bri :hug: That's great you get good prices on books. Unfortunately nursing textbooks are meant to be kept from year to year as they are useful as references. So although it sucks that they're so expensive, in the long run I guess they'll be worth it :shrug:

We'll definitely have to meet up Ruff! :hyper: I'm not really sure what you'd call the purpose of my trip...I'm going with this thing called SWAP (Student Work Abroad Program) so I'll be looking for a seasonal job while I'm there. My roommate from last year's family moved back to Dublin earlier this spring and we've become very close friends. So we're going to both go back next summer (me to find a job and hang out/travel, her to spend time with her family/travel). I am so excited. :drool:
:drool: oh man, you are going to have such a great time! I'm totally pumped about going, just wish I didn't have to take 20 students--maybe I can drop them off in the pubs and hang out at Bono's :wink:

Didn't know you were in nursing school...good for you, esp. given the nursing shortage. High stress, that curriculum, from what I've heard.

ruffian said:

DG, Italy is great. I'm not totally fluent, but can hold a conversation pretty well. I'll teach you some nice profanity you can use to shock your dad :evil: Love London but too damn expensive. Only spent 2 days in Paris and thought it was lovely but the people I met were not big on the American love.

Bri, you're a young whippersnapper. "When I was your age..." I had not seen much of the world. Your time will come :hug:
My father had to learn Italian to talk to his grandmother, who only spoke that. He grew up in the North End, which is the Italian section of Boston.

I know the Italian word for whore :giggle:. I can't remember it, but I know it's close to the Spanish translation. :hmm:

Bri, despite my travels, I've never been to Florida. :lol:I want my graduation present to be a trip to Disney World. :love:

daygloeyes2 said:

My father had to learn Italian to talk to his grandmother, who only spoke that. He grew up in the North End, which is the Italian section of Boston.

I know the Italian word for whore :giggle:. I can't remember it, but I know it's close to the Spanish translation. :hmm:

Bri, despite my travels, I've never been to Florida. :lol:I want my graduation present to be a trip to Disney World. :love:

DISNEY!! :love: Sorry...I love that place. :lol: DG, if you go, you'll have to kidnapp me on the way.

Thanks Ruff :hug: First year wasn't too bad but I've heard second year is absolutely insane. This girl I know in fourth year said if you can survive the first term of second year you're set for life. :yikes: I can already see it, me posting here day in and day out about how awful it is and everyone here telling me to shut up :laugh:

ruffian said:
Drea, since you live in toronto your mission (should you choose to accept it, and I'm not giving you any choice) is to find out where the band are staying when they play there :wink:

Boy would I love to find out, given I'll be working and won't have the chance to stand outside the ACC pre-show! :giggle: Shouldn't be too hard, just list the 4 and 5 star hotels in TO and work out possibilities ;)

FlyYourKite said:

DISNEY!! :love: Sorry...I love that place. :lol: DG, if you go, you'll have to kidnapp me on the way.

Thanks Ruff :hug: First year wasn't too bad but I've heard second year is absolutely insane. This girl I know in fourth year said if you can survive the first term of second year you're set for life. :yikes: I can already see it, me posting here day in and day out about how awful it is and everyone here telling me to shut up :laugh:

But if I go, you'll be in Dublin at the time I go. And I can't kidnap you then. :sad:

That's awesome about going to Dublin for a few months. What a great opportunity. :up:

Jules :hug: Yes, it is. :madspit:

Mucca :hug:

Back
Top Bottom