PLEBA girls party-riding around with the sausage man!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dazzledbylight said:
good nite Fly... VP! :hug: so you set up the study, then actually do it the fall when you have more of a pool of people to get volunteers etc?

SG :hug:

caught up on your doings..... WOW...I'm glad you had a strong talk with hubby.... and the rest...:sigh: stay strong! How is [if i may ask} your mom taking it?

Dazzled...yes. The participant pool is small but adequate for my needs this term. The problem is, in the summer, those darned kids are just too lighthearted, and we need them to be depressed. :lol: So, that means I have the entire summer to create the webpage, debug it, and do my ethics stuff. Probably a good thing, because the page is a fairly big job itself.

dazzledbylight said:
I'm back!! :D

nice piece russty!
tho from that distance [photo] i couldn't tell alot pf the song symbols.... the horses for WGRYWH,right? but what are the double somethings up in the right hand corner [don't loook like 2 hearts from here} would you tell me what each is??

They were a bit hard to see from that distance. The two white things up in the right corner are angel wings, that are actually attached to a nude angel. hehe Its kind of a combo one for Stay/If God will send his angels. There is a bit of fire up in the left corner for the unforgettable Fire. The horse you got correct. There is a globe with a peace sign for Peace on Earth. And a television with wings that says Zoo on the screen for Zoo station.

Okay I'm really going to go to bed now. I think I've just been pushing myself to much lately and a good nights rest should help. :hug: to all ya all. See ya tomorrow. :wave:

Sad_Girl said:
I'm trying to get into a "Larry state of mind" so I can write the next chapter for my fan fic... I was posting every day for over two months.... now it's more like once a week :reject:

So..you're immersing yourself in Larry sounds and images? :D

Drea..I saw! I would frequent that eatery. :lol:

:hug: Dazz My Mom is good; really. My Dad is the one I'm worried about luckily he's fishing in Canada this week, so it should be settled a bit by the time he comes home. I have a consultation with an attorney tomorrow, but Mark and I are going to get together and talk as well. If we divorce, it's likely to be amicable. As angry and frustrated and hurt as I get with him, he's been my best friend for nearly eleven years now, and it's strange, but we seem to be able to maintain that even with all of the romantic heartache and other bullshit, whatever life throws at us. Which is the only reason I'm even considering reconciliation at all and not just immediately filing for divorce. :shrug:

My mom is being patient about that, though I know My Dad would prefer it if he moved back to Kansas City and we never had to hear from him again.

He broke their hearts, too. They would've adopted him if they could've, back when we first met him.

Sad_Girl said:
:hug: Dazz My Mom is good; really. My Dad is the one I'm worried about luckily he's fishing in Canada this week, so it should be settled a bit by the time he comes home. I have a consultation with an attorney tomorrow, but Mark and I are going to get together and talk as well. If we divorce, it's likely to be amicable. As angry and frustrated and hurt as I get with him, he's been my best friend for nearly eleven years now, and it's strange, but we seem to be able to maintain that even with all of the romantic heartache and other bullshit, whatever life throws at us. Which is the only reason I'm even considering reconciliation at all and not just immediately filing for divorce. :shrug:

My mom is being patient about that, though I know My Dad would prefer it if he moved back to Kansas City and we never had to hear from him again.

He broke their hearts, too. They would've adopted him if they could've, back when we first met him.

SG...maybe I'm speaking out of line, but it's only because I'm concerned, and care about you.

I was there, with the whole "best friend" thing. Please be careful. "Best friends" can screw you over when you least expect it. You go into it trusting that the other person still cares deep down and would never be that underhanded. But it happens.

That said, hopefully that won't be the case for you. :hug: But still, your first priority is to look out for yourself, not him.

VintagePunk said:

SG...maybe I'm speaking out of line, but it's only because I'm concerned, and care about you.

I was there, with the whole "best friend" thing. Please be careful. "Best friends" can screw you over when you least expect it. You go into it trusting that the other person still cares deep down and would never be that underhanded. But it happens.

That said, hopefully that won't be the case for you. :hug: But still, your first priority is to look out for yourself, not him.

I know. I do appreciate your concern, and I don't trust him right now. I'm just willing to listen to what he has to say and consider different things rather than rushing into anything. At least in part because I don't have the money to file papers :lol:

I understand what you're saying and will definitely be keeping it close to the surface in any and all dealings with him :yes:

:hug:

Last edited:
Sad_Girl said:

I wish I had some wise words for you. :hug: But I can say that I know you'll pull through and you know that we're all thinking about you here. As my family motto says, "hold fast." :hug:

Have some sailors in your family, Eles? Hold fast ... isn't that one of those that came from sailors? kinda like 'Batten down the hatches'?

It's a good motto, I'm not making fun of it or anything. Just something that came to my mind.

i thot it might be a television....and maybe i sort of saw wings....it made me think of the heart suitcase...

I couldn't tell it was fire up there! Oh like the Stay/angles idea

of course peace on earth..

oh it's been a long day...not bad, bad..

turns out i miss assembled part of my new fan last nite :huh:
...so icouldn't get the whole motorhousing/blades/grill onto the base's standing pole to .But I got it this eve! beforee iu traveled up here.

then i had yet ANOTHer intense dicussioon with my art teacer... he's sayiong I'm not getting what he's saying and I say yes i AM, even if i'm making a side point about some thing that could be 'put aside' for now.

He was saying I had a lot farther to go vs at my age vs younger competiition. and that during the past 11 years it's taken me to regain my art skills & some turnout [with a high imagination that is still somewhat slow factor and not all there yet]....i got to do this, this, this and THAT to be artistic and competitive these years ahead

That while i WASN';t able to do my art to much of a degree...he says the art world/commercial world also went through the
biggest paridigm switch and i'm way behind right now...but we're going to try to do some assignments he gives me some ifdeas for and I add more to it

he wants me to just be compleatly open to new ideas..expeiremnts... and get out of the "plans" "the way it shoud be" ideas I have in my head.so I'm game.. I've lost too much to give up now~

the guards getting cranky gotta go
be well all.. :hug: :D

Aww, Dazz, :hug: Thats just one guys opinion, too. Be open to new things, always, but don't let him get you down or make you feel bad about yourself or your art, either.

Good Night! :hug:

Last edited:
Hold Fast is the motto of the McLeod clan from the Isle of Skye. When I was in Scotland I even saw some McLeod stationary that said "Holding Fast for 800 Years." I thought it was pretty funny. :wink: But as far as mottos go, it's a pretty cool one. I would hate for my family's motto to be something budget like "Don't stand up in a canoe." :wink:

Elessarian said:
Hold Fast is the motto of the McLeod clan from the Isle of Skye. When I was in Scotland I even saw some McLeod stationary that said "Holding Fast for 800 Years." I thought it was pretty funny. :wink: But as far as mottos go, it's a pretty cool one. I would hate for my family's motto to be something budget like "Don't stand up in a canoe." :wink:

That is very, very cool :yes:

My family has never identified anything like that, that I know of. There is one story from 'the old country' (Ireland) which is particularly vivid even after all these years, but nothing along the lines of mottos, creeds or crests.

Elessarian said:
*labeling VP's cd* :wink: I think you will enjoy it.

You labelled??? Awww, you didn't have to go to all that trouble! :hug: But thanks...I can't wait! :hyper: :hyper: Especially with what you told me today you found. :drool:

Oh...:lmao: Your sister's caption that you forwarded...Nice! :lmao:

We're supposed to have a crest of some sort...

Genealogy has always fascinated me, and I actually did some research as a teen (old school, yo...before the internet :wink: )...and it's one of those things I've always wanted to continue when I "have time."

Elessarian said:
Well, I like to label the cd itself, cuz I don't know about y'all but I can't be bothered with jewel cases for computer cds. It ended up being 2 cds, that's also why it's taking so long . :reject:
It's extremely sweet that you're doing it at all! Don't worry about time. :hug:

VintagePunk said:
We're supposed to have a crest of some sort...

Genealogy has always fascinated me, and I actually did some research as a teen (old school, yo...before the internet :wink: )...and it's one of those things I've always wanted to continue when I "have time."

Me too, bigtime. I guess my great Aunt has done quite a bit, If I remember correctly, now that I think about it, she did find a crest of some sort, too

Well, McLeods are a dime a dozen down here, and relatively new as well. I'm only four generations removed from Scotland so the history has been really easy to track down. A couple of years ago we erected a huge Celtic cross momument in the little Presbyterian church in our "home" county in Mississippi in honor of Peter and Allen McLeod, the two brothers that landed here in the late 1880s.

Man, just remembering all the food that was cooked for that reunion makes me :drool:

I think I mentioned this before, but when I read that In Conversation that Bono was a Rankin (and I'm a Rankin on my dad's side) I jumped in my seat. My mom was like, "What's wrong? What are you reading?"

Nothing mom, nevermind. :)drool: ) :wink:

Eless, my dad's family sounds similar...I'm three generations from Scotland as well...but my grandfather had no siblings around here, and he died back in the 60's...quite the mystery. :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom