Pleba Girls Party - POPping Into The Playboys Mansion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tomorrow is Monday for me though, limited chair shopping opportunites :wink:
Unless I get "sick" again... :shifty:

Procrastination... :drool:

Sorry, I didn't know how global 500 is...
It is a card game, it's kind of like Hearts, but backwards (if you know Hearts?)... the idea is to win as many hands as possible by putting down the highest value card. You can play it individually or in several teams of two - there were six of us last night so we had three teams. The rules are insanely complicated, for my brain, and I always get confused and don't pay enough attention to what everyone else has been playing. :confused: :lol:
And games can go for HOURS.. the goal is to reach 500 points, but you can go into negatives if you "call" that you'll win 6 hands in a round, for instance, but you don't make it.
:crazy:

Ahh I see. Yeah, I don't know many card games at all. I haven't played any sort of cards in years. I used to play Euchre with my family a lot when I was a kid, but I cannot remember the rules or anything, it's been so long.

It sounds like it could be a fun way to spend an evening with the right friends, though :yes:

I don't know that many either... My parents were more into Scrabble and Monopoly when I was younger. I haven't heard of Euchre?
It is fun, although there have been times when my housemates' family has been around that hostilities have broken out. :lol: Some of them are very competitive...

:lol: Yeah, I tend to approach games of 500 cautiously...

How did you go with that mix CD? I've been thinking of putting together a CD of atmospheric, kinda meditative songs, not sure if there are enough U2 ones to make it a U2-only CD... :hmm:

Hey Dazz! :hug: Sorry to hear you had a lousy week... glad it's getting better though :)

I haven't played card games in a good while.......so I've forgotten the few I knew :uhoh: :madspit:

[spades, rummy & one other one that i played with my mom decades ago]

But my uncles would come over to our house and play poker with my dad ans maybe my mom, too-- have to ask her. This was when i could barley see over the table! :lol: I remember the wooden chip holder! and the colorful chips!

:wink:

Hi Weldy :hug: how are you?

I was just updating my sig

Dazz - yes, we got the winter storm, it shut down all the local schools :yuck:

I want spring!!!

Ali - was that question about the CD aimed at me? :reject: I can't recall which CD mix I was working on last :lol:

dazzledbylight said:
So, how is the land of Downunder these days, alis?
It's sunny and pleasant in this corner of it, Dazz :wink: As always we could use more rain, but I'm guiltily enjoying the nice weather before we descend into winter. :yuck:
How's New York?

Sad_Girl said:
Ali - was that question about the CD aimed at me? :reject: I can't recall which CD mix I was working on last :lol:

It was, sorry... and I can't remember either! The one I was thinking of was either freedom songs or... um... something else... :scratch:
:lol:

Hi Weldy! :hug: Has Chicago bid for the Olympics?

Hi Weldy :hug:

I was quite tired after another no-sleep clutter clean, but what really did me in was NOT getting a good night's sleep the NEXT night!:mad:
I woke up feeling extra unco-ordinated {i'm usually good plus with that}...with a mild tension [temples] headache.
I MIGHT have felt better headache-wise IF the nasty roomie didn't start up with stuff.........But NOOOooooooooooooo....

InsteaD my headache went to medium [tho not the worst i've ever had], but add in medium plus queasiness. Queasiness always really lays me low! :yuck:
SO i was sick like that for 2 days [tues & weds].

Then b/c she pulled MORE crap on Weds [with my other {nice} romie as well.......a meeting was set up with our counselor & supervisor for Thurs.
But he kept postponing [alot to do], and then had an emergency.so after waiting nearly 4 hours - that went poof!: ohmy: :grumpy:

Fri instead of arrivng by Noon--they didn't get here till 2:30ish :scream: basically ruining my day for puter Art study and yesterday diminhed it by half!

BAH!

but I do have a piece of :hyper: news fromm today!

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

:yes: We beat L.A. for the bid...now we are up against Prauge, Rome, Toyko, Rio and Madrid to actually get the 2016 Olympics.

I actually see either Rio, Madrid or Prauge getting it the most...but I wouldn't be suprised if Rome or Toyko get it either.

:lock: :lock: :lock: GGggggooooooo Chhitown!

I really hope i get to visit Chicago wwwaaayyyy before that! :lol: :yes:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:
:yes: We beat L.A. for the bid...now we are up against Prauge, Rome, Toyko, Rio and Madrid to actually get the 2016 Olympics.

I actually see either Rio, Madrid or Prauge getting it the most...but I wouldn't be suprised if Rome or Toyko get it either.
Aha... I had no idea this was all happening. :reject: :wink:
Didn't Japan have the Winter Olympics not long ago?

1998... :reject: I feel old! :lol: It wasn't that long ago, was it?? :wink:

Anyway, congrats to Chicago and good luck! :up:

I need to go do some cleaning now, we've got more company over for dinner tonight, and we don't see them often enough to get away with our usual messy house :reject:

Seeya ladies! :wave: :hug:

Back
Top Bottom