Pleba Girls Party - pawning things for u2 tickets and travel money

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
VintagePunk said:

I'm so sorry to hear that. :hug: :hug: To be perfectly honest, as you all know, I'm a starving student, and the only reason I could afford this is because of my mother, which I am extremely grateful for. As a matter of fact, I thanked her for it again tonight. Any subsequent shows I attend will be because of me selling things.

VP I'm feeling ya. My grandmother paid for the one show I have tickets for. Long story, but some money arrived from her the day before tickets went on sale. I'm sure she didn't plan on me seeing a rock show with the money, but its making me happy so I know she would be cool with it.

We don't even make enough cash to cover our monthly bills and to get me to the PJ shows Mr. Cat took a loan out against my truck. But we always feel like you have to do the things you love in life to make it worth it. So we end up a bit strapped sometimes, but I've never regretted anything we've done.

a98127c3.jpg

VertigoEraAdam234.jpg

andmoree3.jpg

VertigoBono127.jpg

dazzledbylight said:

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud: VP'S MOM!!!:applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

My brother was in a position that he wanted to borrow money from her to start a business...knowing him, she knew it was unlikely that she would get it back. :| So, instead, she decided to just give it to him...and she's extremely fair, so she decided to give my sister and I the same amount. And part of that money financed my U2 journey.

But now I'm broke again. :sigh: Must find a job...

Sad_Girl said:
Russty - I love that counselor :yes:

Night GG :giggle: have fun!

Me too, SG! He was really honest with Mr. Cat about him learning to do things that I enjoy with me. He pretty much told him to get involved in my life or allow me to move on to a different relationship that will give me what I need. He was very nice, but very in your face realistic about everything. He's an ex-marine and cop so he doesn't take any bullshit. :lol:

Russty Cat said:

Me too, SG! He was really honest with Mr. Cat about him learning to do things that I enjoy with me. He pretty much told him to get involved in my life or allow me to move on to a different relationship that will give me what I need. He was very nice, but very in your face realistic about everything. He's an ex-marine and cop so he doesn't take any bullshit. :lol:

Thats very cool!

I wonder if I can get Mark out to Cali for a few sessions? :hmm:

After the tour, course :wink:

It looks like I'll be here awhile because the people who like to um....swing on swingsets :shifty: :yikes: are the people I'm babysitting for.

Even though I want to go home and crawl into bed, I'm glad I'm here! :happy: :hug: :heart:

That Larry pic is so hawt! :combust:

I've been looking for a job and talked to Mr. Cat about it today and he pretty much laughed in my face. I was going to try working retail at night. He told me to forget it. I just hate feeling so strapped and not helping out. But Mr. Cats parents show up next week and his grandmothers so I'm hoping they will kick down a little cash for some food at least.

daygloeyes2 said:
It looks like I'll be here awhile because the people who like to um....swing on swingsets :shifty: :yikes: are the people I'm babysitting for.

Even though I want to go home and crawl into bed, I'm glad I'm here! :happy: :hug: :heart:

:yikes: :lol: Hopefully they don't come home at 5am like the last swingset lovers I babysat for did :shifty:

We're glad you're here!! :hug:

daygloeyes2 said:

Just be careful about crawling into any bed there! :yikes:

:lmao:

:hug: we're glad you're here, too

daygloeyes2 said:

Got any dirty pics you can share with us?? :hyper: :hyper:

:lmao:

I should post some more of mine.... :hmm:

well, VP...........

I think it's great you mom did that for you :heart:
our mom used to hold 50$ aside for us...when Good/great tix cost 7- 8.00$ [70's/early 80's]]
we called it ***The Concert 50!!!*** :laugh: :heart: Mom.

I DO have the extra credit card monies..... and if i vcan get an inflated nyc tix out of it {esp GA] i'll try for it.

one station is giving away u2 tix already so i have to listen all day time while i'm out with my sis :laugh: Sunday
...she's gonna love that....... i'll just have one earbud in my ear and once they've done one round i can take it off for like 30 or so mins!

i called and gave here the number because i knew i was going to be here to night!

I said IF i win a pair I'll take you. And i said i hope you'll take me if you win!!!

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:
Russty, were you given the same advice about getting involved in his life? i'd be a little suspicious of a councellor who took sides.

Well before he said the bit about rock concerts he told Mr. cat that he has seen me fishing with him and boating and heard that I bought a motorcycle and have been learning how to ride. HIs point was that I had been trying for sometime now to do things he enjoys with him and it was Mr. Cats turn to do the same with me.

I hate to fish and I get motion sick being on our boat, but I do those things to be with him. Its about spending time together. But I'm getting to the point of not really caring anymore.

FlyYourKite said:

Hopefully they don't come home at 5am like the last swingset lovers I babysat for did

We're glad you're here!!

You too?:yikes: :lmao: :hug:

I stumbled on um, pictures on their computer a few years agp. :yikes: :barf: And I saw a white stain on the couch downstairs. :yuck: :yikes: I refuse to sit on that couch. :lmao:

And they've come home at 4 am before. :mad:

Russty Cat said:

Mr. Brown needs to go to that counselor. I don't know what smiley to use here. :|

Russty Cat said:

Well before he said the bit about rock concerts he told Mr. cat that he has seen me fishing with him and boating and heard that I bought a motorcycle and have been learning how to ride. HIs point was that I had been trying for sometime now to do things he enjoys with him and it was Mr. Cats turn to do the same with me.

I hate to fish and I get motion sick being on our boat, but I do those things to be with him. Its about spending time together. But I'm getting to the point of not really caring anymore.

:( don't give up on him just yet Russty! :hug:

lets see if he'll participate more in your passions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom