PLEBA Girls Party: New Year, old friends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
redhotswami said:

:angry: next time you have to deal with that, point them to the direction of the nearest homeless person and tell them to go be pro-post-birth-life.

that's right, tell them 'make this world a place where the babies will be welcomed and cared for, you hypocrites' :yes: :grumpy:

redhotswami said:

Actually, I learned about that perspective from my church of all places! I was stunned myself. But yeah, the friars I was talking to, we were all discussing...I don't remember what, but the topic of contraception came up. And they referenced the catechism and said that using contraceptives was another form of sexism, and not letting the woman fully embrace themselves. Which...coming from a friar, I was really surprised.

While, I respect their decisions, most of my friends are using these chemicals that alter their weight, mess with their emotions, and have all sorts of other side effects, just so they can have sex with their partners. I asked "so what is he doing?" and of course, the response was nothing. So, naturally, I got on my feminist soapbox and naturally they put their fingers in their ears.

Sounds like you're among a really enlightened bunch. :up: I was married in an Anglican church...by a motorcycle-riding, pot-smoking hippie minister...and though I only knew him briefly, he made a large impact on me, one of the most positive views of christianity I have...the conservatives in the church finally threw him out....their loss, I say. :yes: He was an awesome person.

dazzledbylight said:

Once i was working Temp at a kidney Center......dialysis .in the east 30's in Manhatan.

there was a full service women's cewnter eith below or above us.
Every day.i had to walk by the pro-lifers scowliong occasionaly yely holding up phots of fetuses/ etc

Ohhh...I would have been like "Listen Bitches...there are other workplaces in that building like the Kidney Center I work at and not just the women's center!"

Sorry :reject:

VintagePunk said:

:up:

I'm not sure if you saw in a previous thread, but last week, I managed to get a right-to-life ad that was full of lying bullshit and propaganda removed from an area radio station. The ad explicitly stated that abortion CAUSES suicide and infertility. :mad: Luckily, the station manager, after a few e-mails, agreed that those are lies, and pulled the ads. :up:

YES I DID! :applaud: :applaud:

I was SO Proud of you!!!!!!!!!

i caught it this wek playing thread catch up..but you weren't around on-line so i could praise you in real time!

i've been SO busy tho,that i forgot about it so I'm glad you Reminded me of it! :hug:

VintagePunk said:

Sounds like you're among a really enlightened bunch. :up: I was married in an Anglican church...by a motorcycle-riding, pot-smoking hippie minister...and though I only knew him briefly, he made a large impact on me, one of the most positive views of christianity I have...the conservatives in the church finally threw him out....their loss, I say. :yes: He was an awesome person.

I sure have! Honestly, if it weren't for the Franciscans I would've left the church ages ago. They rock my world. Jesuits too. They toss out all the BS and focus on loving people and serving the poor...which is all that matters to me.

BTW your minister sounds hot. Is he single? :shifty:

redhotswami said:

:angry: next time you have to deal with that, point them to the direction of the nearest homeless person and tell them to go be pro-post-birth-life.

That's exactly how I feel...there are so many living impoverished, or in need of love to focus on... :(

Damn it! One of us needs to run for president and set things right. I can't...way too many incriminating pictures :reject: I wouldn't even make the primaries. Someone would stop me. They already are trying :uhoh:

dazzledbylight said:

YES I DID! :applaud: :applaud:

I was SO Proud of you!!!!!!!!!

i caught it this wek playing thread catch up..but you weren't around on-line so i could praise you in real time!

i've been SO busy tho,that i forgot about it so I'm glad you Reminded me of it! :hug:

Thanks. :hug: I wouldn't have even brought it up again, except for the conversation that was going on when I entered. :reject: I don't know how to express it better than to say that I just kept picturing some young, scared girl listening to that shit...

redhotswami said:
Damn it! One of us needs to run for president and set things right. I can't...way too many incriminating pictures :reject: I wouldn't even make the primaries. Someone would stop me. They already are trying :uhoh:

the whole year I was in Fifth grade I told everyone that I was going to be the first female president of the USA

now I know that even then I was too smart, too honest and too dedicated to my convictions and beliefs to ever be president :laugh:

Sad_Girl said:
You make your decisions and live with the consequences of those decisions - the choice to have sex results in the possibility of pregnancy - it's as simple as that - there's no grey area here; this is how it happens - do it and take your chances. Sex is great, but it's not a need like breathing or eating. I think there is too much emphasis put on the need for sexuality in our culture; it doesn't have to be denied but it isn't so essential that you aren't a complete person without it

gota disagree there....................only for women is that a burden......... the choice to have sex

and for most men & women sex IS a need at least in certain times of their life......

dazzledbylight said:

gota disagree there....................only for women is that a burden......... the choice to have sex

and for most men & women sex IS a need at least in certain times of their life......

that's bull you said yourself there are a lot of outlets for sexual release which do not lead to pregnancy

redhotswami said:

I sure have! Honestly, if it weren't for the Franciscans I would've left the church ages ago. They rock my world. Jesuits too. They toss out all the BS and focus on loving people and serving the poor...which is all that matters to me.

BTW your minister sounds hot. Is he single? :shifty:

:lol: I should preface this by saying...I don't consider myself christian at this point and time...I just didn't have a church, and neither did my ex (I would have called myself Christian at the time, though)...it was the church/minister that had married his brother a year before. Apparently, he went to the guys only version of the rehearsal party, and was stoned out of his tree. :ohmy: :lmao: Then a few months later, I ran into him at a corner store...he was riding a bike. We got to talking and I invited him over. When he got to our place, he was clearly drunk, but we had no alcohol to offer him, so he drank pop. He also had to call his wife to tell her he was at pur place, and she was pissed. :lmao: I had gained quite a bit of pregnancy weight, and was still smoking. He told me I obviously had an oral fixation. :lmao: He was a nut...I adored him. :heart: :lol:

Sad_Girl said:

the whole year I was in Fifth grade I told everyone that I was going to be the first female president of the USA

now I know that even then I was too smart, too honest and too dedicated to my convictions and beliefs to ever be president :laugh:

:lol:

Ugh, that reminds me that next year we get to start listening to all the US programs talking about primaries and candidates and all the headaches that go with your convoluted system :wink: :madspit:

Maybe when you guys down there can deal with having more than two political parties running for the leadership of your country - "deal with" meaning "actually take a third, fourth, etc party seriously" - you'll be able to have a female president
:wink:

VintagePunk said:

You hit the nail on the head right there, Dazz....if it happened to men, it would be a different story. No more sanctity of life BS...it would be what's convenient for them. :|

thnaks VP :hug:

the thing that drives me :huh: :crazy: :huh: is that very few countires in the world that PREVENT women from HAVING children BUT p many more places that prevent women from NOT having children esp when they've done all they can to precvent pregnancy.............

if you didn't part of one of my posts

unfortunately women's sexuality often has frightened many men...... a woman who is NOT shy about wantiung/having/needing sex just about any waqy they want it

only consnetual S&M here, folks and
of course
NO pedohilia.that's SUCH a violation......shudders

Drea said:

:lol:

Ugh, that reminds me that next year we get to start listening to all the US programs talking about primaries and candidates and all the headaches that go with your convoluted system :wink: :madspit:

Maybe when you guys down there can deal with having more than two political parties running for the leadership of your country - "deal with" meaning "actually take a third, fourth, etc party seriously" - you'll be able to have a female president

I'm all about Hillary, baby! :rockon:

redhotswami said:

omg don't even get me started on contraception! all the contraceptives out there are pretty much putting the blame on the woman. it's like "oh, it's your fault that pregnancy happens, so lets fuck with your body so it doesn't happen and we men can just do whatever we want. yay!!!" :angry: how about "wow, the female body is so complex, mysterious, and beautiful. lets embrace it and learn to understand it" instead of friggin screwing it up! meanwhile men can just aim and shoot anywhere they want.

SAY it, sistah! :yes:

i'm still catching up w this thread it's so hard tpo read long posts which i love-- i'm just in the wwrong part of the cafe.couldn't get on the movible monitors section by the window.:madspit:

dazzledbylight said:

Sad_Girl said:

that's bull you said yourself there are a lot of outlets for sexual release which do not lead to pregnancy

Sorry, I gotta agree with Dazz here. Sex is a need. Just ask Maslow. :wink:

Just because all of the consequences are suffered by women doesn't make it less of a need. and yes, there are other outlets, but are they as satisfying as sex? Not sure about the rest of you, but not for me.

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:
I'm used to your style of typing Dazz :hug:

:yikes: oh dear weldy!!!!

:lmao:

honestly WHEN i can sit closer to the monitior and am NOT dashing through tryig to get in as much comments as possible when i'm stuck on a short time on net

I REALY DO TRY to correct all or most of my typos!

esp when i can see beter thsan where i am now here.

VintagePunk said:

Sorry, I gotta agree with Dazz here. Sex is a need. Just ask Maslow. :wink:

Just because all of the consequences are suffered by women doesn't make it less of a need. and yes, there are other outlets, but are they as satisfying as sex? Not sure about the rest of you, but not for me.

that's just a cop out - it's selfishness at it's core - you're unwilling to sacrifice one particular form of gratification to avoid the consequence which you say you are unwilling to suffer

it doesn't work that way

I'm a very sexual person - I'm sure you all know this by now, but I see it for what it is; it's just a part of life which needs to be kept in balance

dazzledbylight said:

thnaks VP :hug:

the thing that drives me :huh: :crazy: :huh: is that very few countires in the world that PREVENT women from HAVING children BUT p many more places that prevent women from NOT having children esp when they've done all they can to precvent pregnancy.............

if you didn't part of one of my posts

unfortunately women's sexuality often has frightened many men...... a woman who is NOT shy about wantiung/having/needing sex just about any waqy they want it

only consnetual S&M here, folks and
of course
NO pedohilia.that's SUCH a violation......shudders

I hear ya. :) It's funny, I don't really consider myself a full-blown feminist...but in many ways, I guess I am. :huh: I don't know...it's such a contradiction. I still enjoy having door opened for me...but if anyone tries to deny what I think are my personal freedoms, be it male or female? Watch out. :lol: Maybe it's a product of being on my own for so many years...and I'm also proud to have raised an intelligent, self-sufficient daughter. :)

dazzledbylight said:

:yikes: oh dear weldy!!!!

:lmao:

honestly WHEN i can sit closer to the monitior and am NOT dashing through tryig to get in as much comments as possible when i'm stuck on a short time on net

I REALY DO TRY to correct all or most of my typos!

esp when i can see beter thsan where i am now here.

Don't worry about it...in my eyes it's not a bad thing. It shows a sign of character :wink: :hug:

I'm still feeling a bit :|ish too :wink:

Back
Top Bottom