PLEBA Girls Party: New Year, old friends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
redhotswami said:

:hmm: i never thought of that. i was concerned with it being a federal issue because the idea of having that much control over my body and my (potential) family scares me.

before 1972

and in the states still where abortions were harder to come by through local culture women who were wll off COULD and DID fly to europe for SAFE ones

poor woman or women with litle acess to proper facilties..in many places feds or states WOULDN';t pay for abortionsds for poor women............

those woen were..............."screwed".

Not ever woman gets the maternal instinct even if she is oregnat.

Hmm interesting discussion. I think I'm a fluke in the human condition though. Sex isn't a need for me. I don't even have a need for sexual release. But like I said...fluke. Though I like to think of myself as more of a unicorn :love:

VintagePunk said:

Exactly!! :up: And I know that you and others here are christians...but that's one of my HUGE problems with it. In pagan times, the woman was revered, exalted, even...but that wouldn't do with Christianity, a male-dominated religion...they had to make the female and all she stands for profane.

Complete bullshit, I say. :|

say it sistah!

and in the older days there were wisewomen who knew the plants that could induce abortion..................pron\ably from thousands of yrs of experience ........ probably BETER THAN thise BACKDOOR ALLEY abortions back pre- 1972.

Sad_Girl said:

that's just a cop out - it's selfishness at it's core - you're unwilling to sacrifice one particular form of gratification to avoid the consequence which you say you are unwilling to suffer

it doesn't work that way

I'm a very sexual person - I'm sure you all know this by now, but I see it for what it is; it's just a part of life which needs to be kept in balance

The thing is, that holds true for both genders. Why are females the ones held responsible for it?

Sad_Girl said:

I say we break away from society at large, and build our Matriarchal Pleban society :hyper:

:yes: sounds prety good to me

OR realy HAVE a SOCIETY where Women ARE treated equally as first class citizens that men are

<yes i know that people of color are often still treated like second & thrid class citizens here in the USSA:mad:

VintagePunk said:

The thing is, that holds true for both genders. Why are females the ones held responsible for it?

Absolutely - and like I said before, I think men are taught to think that they are slaves to their sex drive, but most of the men I know are not even a little bit as controlled by their sexual urges as what most people in our society seem to think men are.

I don't know why that perception of men lingers, or why they tend to be excused on that pretense; it's one of the most ridiculous truths of our society

Sad_Girl said:

Absolutely - and like I said before, I think men are taught to think that they are slaves to their sex drive, but most of the men I know are not even a little bit as controlled by their sexual urges as what most people in our society seem to think men are.

I don't know why that perception of men lingers, or why they tend to be excused on that pretense; it's one of the most ridiculous truths of our society

I don't know why that perception of men lingers either, but I do know that in my world, it's reality. And, I think that women are just as guilty of it as men are. Works both ways. Sure, people can go out of their way to deny themselves...and I've been on both sides of those tracks for lengthy periods...but unleashed? Both have to take responsibility, and too often in this society, it's ALL put on the woman.

redhotswami said:

:angry: next time you have to deal with that, point them to the direction of the nearest homeless person and tell them to go be pro-post-birth-life.

yeah, absolutely!

thnak goodness it was one time expere3ince!

and yeah ii can se why you you have cocenrs about the gov controling peoples health/body issues.

me i try to ttake the best of western meds.
i was RE-educated tho in the early 80's onward with Holistic/complemewntary and Alternative & non-western styles of healing.............

and including spirtitual & energy healing modalites

VintagePunk said:

I don't know why that perception of men lingers either, but I do know that in my world, it's reality. And, I think that women are just as guilty of it as men are. Works both ways. Sure, people can go out of their way to deny themselves...and I've been on both sides of those tracks for lengthy periods...but unleashed? Both have to take responsibility, and too often in this society, it's ALL put on the woman.

absolutely - put on women by both men and women - it's ridiculous

Sad_Girl said:

that's bull you said yourself there are a lot of outlets for sexual release which do not lead to pregnancy

yeds but as far as i've knwon most men want to have intercourse at some point....hey maybe you know a more broadminded bunch of men that i've known!

and that would be great alternative, but even i on occasion wqnt to have intercourse along with the oter forms of sexual pleasure.

dazzledbylight said:

yeah, absolutely!

thnak goodness it was one time expere3ince!

and yeah ii can se why you you have cocenrs about the gov controling peoples health/body issues.

me i try to ttake the best of western meds.
i was RE-educated tho in the early 80's onward with Holistic/complemewntary and Alternative & non-western styles of healing.............

and including spirtitual & energy healing modalites

yeah western medicine scares me. don't get me wrong, i have the utmost respect for drs. & scientists and all the research and dedication they have to the field. but me, personally, am more likely to reach for natural herbal supplements than other medicines.

dazzledbylight said:

yeds but as far as i've knwon most men want to have intercourse at some point....hey maybe you know a more broadminded bunch of men that i've known!

and that would be great alternative, but even i on occasion wqnt to have intercourse along with the oter forms of sexual pleasure.

and I'm sure that's true for everyone, but all I'm saying is you make that decision with the knowledge of the potential outcomes

there's a difference between want and need

redhotswami said:
Hmm interesting discussion. I think I'm a fluke in the human condition though. Sex isn't a need for me. I don't even have a need for sexual release. But like I said...fluke. Though I like to think of myself as more of a unicorn :love:

i actusally read reccedntly an articular about people who feel they are asexual.not needing sex many not efven wanting it

and amny of them don't feel it's a problem with hormones or pychology

Babydoll said:
Dazz - did you get my email??

yes if it was the one you sent a few days ago.............

when i see my freind who works for a clothing design company.......i will ask her about it

what type of retail stuff are you doing................ salesfloor, inventory, um......... buying or helping the buyer..

i'd imagine from wwhat you've told me so far that being a cloths buyer would be a good git unlees/until you want to go the whole way with designing clothes IF you [ever] want] to

Back
Top Bottom