Pleba Girls Party - Midnight is where the day begins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can definitely see them incorporating the sound; I know Adam and Edge have both mentioned being hip-hop fans. I just hesitate to imagine how they'll do it :lol:

sami0201 said:
Oh SG I liked that too! Eminem is pretty much the only rapper I like (some of his stuff is great imo :up: )

<-- Lives near (but not too near) 8 Mile Road.

I like Eminen, too. Even though he's profane and often disrespectul to women. And I still can't believe he remarried his ex, because they had a very stormy marriage. :no:

But as Bono said awhile ago, Eminen's what happened when no one bought American cars anymore -- Detroit got angry and ... "One of the great writers of the age comes out of Detroit."

jobob said:

<-- Lives near (but not too near) 8 Mile Road.

I like Eminen, too. Even though he's profane and often disrespectul to women. And I still can't believe he remarried his ex, because they had a very stormy marriage. :no:

But as Bono said awhile ago, Eminen's what happened when no one bought American cars anymore -- Detroit got angry and ... "One of the great writers of the age comes out of Detroit."

Sounds like typical Bono hyperbole to me. Eminem's good...especially his first album or two. But his most recent? The schtick's getting old. That said, I really hope that during the time he's taking off, he finds another direction, because he's obviously talented. Have I mentioned how much I love "Lose Yourself?" :lol:

~BrightestStar~ said:

When you go to your CP, to the left, under "Your Buddy List" in very small print is a link that says
"Who am I a buddy of?"
Click that.

And I want to know who lovveu2 is :angry:

:ohmy: I have several people that I don't know who the hell they are - no idea. :ohmy:

Sad_Girl said:
I just saw the 'who am I a buddy of?' link on my buddy list

Never noticed it before :reject :lol

:shifty:

Neither had I until I was reading the LS thread. :lol:

Sad_Girl said:

I can see it now

:larry No. :censored: Way. :no:

:adam :eyebrow:

:edge :shrug:

:bono
3.gif

OMG :lmao:!!!!!

Bust a move B!! :dance:!

VintagePunk said:

Sounds like typical Bono hyperbole to me. Eminem's good...especially his first album or two. But his most recent? The schtick's getting old. That said, I really hope that during the time he's taking off, he finds another direction, because he's obviously talented. Have I mentioned how much I love "Lose Yourself?" :lol:

I was so unimpressed with him at first I would never have dreamed of even giving his music a chance, but my nephew was listening to The Eminem show and I was blown away by the observations he made, the commentary on real, everyday life in twenty first century America. Emotional, societal, intellectual, political commentary that hit home many times. And so much of what he said was taken as literal when it was a reflection on the things we see and try to ignore. It was 'Hello world, look at this' y'know?

VintagePunk said:

That said, I really hope that during the time he's taking off, he finds another direction, because he's obviously talented. Have I mentioned how much I love "Lose Yourself?" :lol:

There was a huge Detroit Free Press article last year that speculated Eminen may be retiring. But instead of retiring, Em went into rehab for his sleeping pill addiction and cut his tour short.

Wasn't the year he won the Oscar for "Lose Yourself" the year U2 was nominated for "The Hands Which Built America"?

"Lose Yourself" deserved the Oscar that year. :shh:

~BrightestStar~ said:

It's like you've got magical superpowers or something :love: :drool:

<grease>
Tell me more, tell me more....:happy:

</grease>

VP, I'm not your buddy? :sad: :sad:

:p

We're so much more than buddies, and you know it. :sexywink:

:lol: Honestly, I don't ever use it! I have a couple people on it...not even sure who, let me check again. :huh:

VintagePunk said:

We're so much more than buddies, and you know it. :sexywink:

:lol: Honestly, I don't ever use it! I have a couple people on it...not even sure who, let me check again. :huh:

I'm on it :tongue: :D

Oh, and Sami - I told my nephew you think he's hot today :sexywink:

sami0201 said:
What does the buddy list thing even do? :lol:

I second that question. At first I thought it notified me when my buddies were on line with me, but it doesn't do that. :angry: Not that I can tell, anyhow.

And it's not an IM thingy, either. :angry: Is it?

So what the heckola does it do?

the rockin edge said:

tells you if they are online

of course people like you who are invisible make it far less usefull :angry:

:reject:

:flirt: Sorry! It's not you I'm hiding from, really! :shifty:

And we really scared Justin away earlier, didn't we girls? :lmao:

Okay, I have the girls who were staying in hotels in Toronto and Chicago...I think I may have done it so that I could send a group PM regarding hotel info at the time?? :huh:

The I have Zootle, to make it easier to stalk him, should the mood to stalk ever strike. :sexywink: Then I have the person I bought some U2 tickets from, cause I wanted to catch him online. Then I have someone named Purplicious, and I have NO idea who that is, or why I would have that person. :huh:

I rarely ever look at it.

Back
Top Bottom