Pleba Girls Party - Midnight is where the day begins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have the Cash Cover, Jo, it's one of my favorites

But if you like Mary J Bliges version, ( :yuck: ) you may very well not like this one

Night Sarah, Thanks hun :hug:

~BrightestStar~ said:

Sometimes something like that causes me to get headaches too. I start with sore/stiff shoulders or neck, and it's like it spreads until I get a headache.
I figure my knapsack is probably part of the problem, but there's no other real way for me to cary all my books.
I haven't had one in awhile tho, so huzzah.

Strange, I usually found that heat on my neck was more helpful than cold.

:cloneneckaches: :love:

:lol:

Night Sarah :hug:

I like Mary J when she is alone.
I haven't heard her sing well with anyone else :|
She is just too "diff" from everyone else.
She did a song with Sting....It sounds like two people singing two diff songs :shrug:

I think the grammy people wanted unusual duets, and Bono most likely suggested they pair up with her

I know nothing about her personally; and singing her other stuff, she's pretty talented. They just don't match

Sad_Girl said:
I think the grammy people wanted unusual duets, and Bono most likely suggested they pair up with her

I know nothing about her personally; and singing her other stuff, she's pretty talented. They just don't match

:yes: I don't usually listen to the kind of stuff she sings, but she does have a good voice :up: I just don't like her with U2

The last few years, the Grammys have done that weird, unlikely-pairing duets thing. :shrug:

The one time that was cool and they did get it right was the Prince :love: - Beyonce performance.

Hmm. Didn't know I was saying something slightly incorrect there ... :|

I'd still like the Cash version of One -- I just love the song, and I'd like to hear as many different versions as possible of it.

Bono just said at Davos the band's made a lot of new friends among hip-hop musicians (meaning Kanye West, probably Mary J. Blige as well) and they're influencing U2.

What he meant by that is, of course, hard to tell since I don't really speak Bonoese. :wink:

You better lose yourself in the music, the moment
you own it, you better never let it go
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime yo

jobob said:
Hmm. Didn't know I was saying something slightly incorrect there ... :|

I'd still like the Cash version of One -- I just love the song, and I'd like to hear as many different versions as possible of it.

Bono just said at Davos the band's made a lot of new friends among hip-hop musicians (meaning Kanye West, probably Mary J. Blige as well) and they're influencing U2.

What he meant by that is, of course, hard to tell since I don't really speak Bonoese. :wink:

There's nothing wrong with you liking the duet my dear. :)

Oooo! New headline!
U2's next album: Hip Hop! :happy:

( :lol: Sami, you and I are thinking the same thing!)

~BrightestStar~ said:
^ And that's the one I missed because I was studying! :madwife:

I wanted to see it too.They did Purple rain, right?? I'm trying to remember...

:love:
We have the same great tastes and the same wonderful ailments! :happy:

If I'm not mistaken, I think they did a medley of Prince hits?

And yeah, the Elton John - Eminem performance was pretty good too. Too bad that Eminem had to be an ass in the weeks before it, and say all that controversial anti-gay stuff in the media. But then, that's his thing, I guess. That said, I do like some of his songs. And I LOVE Lose Yourself. I'm glad it won the Oscar that year.

sami0201 said:
:lmao: Jo

Does anyone else think it will be a disaster if U2 tries to make a hip hop record :uhoh: :wink:

I don't think they will, but if they actually do end up trying it (yeah right *g*), I think they'd be really careful - none of them want a repeat of the rush to finish the Pop album ;)

*:giggle: at the thought of :bono: rapping for an entire song*

sami0201 said:
:lmao : Jo

Does anyone else think it will be a disaster if U2 tries to make a hip hop record : uhoh: : wink:

I can see it now

:larry: No. :censored: Way. :no:

:adam: :eyebrow:

:edge: :shrug:

:bono:
3.gif

~BrightestStar~ said:
You better lose yourself in the music, the moment
you own it, you better never let it go
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime yo

That song is SO motivational. :love: It got me through some times when I felt like I couldn't get through school.

And then Sarah would mock me by saying "yeah, there's a similarity. Just like that time when you tried to rap at that club and forgot the words, and..." Smart-ass kid. :angry:

^ :lmao: @ Sarah.
It's a great song. One of my many 'ecletic' favourties. :up:

If a hip hop albulm would result in B saying more dirty words a la MOFO explict....
Hell, I'm all for it! :drool:

Ok, anyone care to tell me who " lovveu2 " is???
Apparently I'm on their buddy list and now I really am curious as to who they are.....:scratch:

VintagePunk said:

If I'm not mistaken, I think they did a medley of Prince hits?

And yeah, the Elton John - Eminem performance was pretty good too. Too bad that Eminem had to be an ass in the weeks before it, and say all that controversial anti-gay stuff in the media. But then, that's his thing, I guess. That said, I do like some of his songs. And I LOVE Lose Yourself. I'm glad it won the Oscar that year.

:yes: Lose Yourself :love: Such a great song.

Back
Top Bottom