Pleba Girls Party- Midnight is where the day begins...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sami0201 said:

that's so cool! I've been to NYC a million times and I've never once spotted a celeb :grumpy:

my dad was in the bathroom next to Adrien Brody in the Four Seasons though :lmao:

bye SG! :hug:

My cousin's wife saw Bono hailing a taxi cab in NYC :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

When she told me I totally flipped out!

Why it couldn't have been me, I don't know :grumpy: :wink:

Last edited:
sami0201 said:

that's so cool! I've been to NYC a million times and I've never once spotted a celeb :grumpy:

my dad was in the bathroom next to Adrien Brody in the Four Seasons though :lmao:

:lmao: That's great! Don't worry, I've never spotted or met anyone. I live vicariously through all my friends who have :lol:

circa1992 said:

One of my cousin's wife saw Bono hailing a taxi cab in NYC :drool:

Why it couldn't have been me, I don't know :grumpy: :wink:

:ohmy: :drool:

someone my dad works with, his sister "met" Bono in London the day of Live8 :drool: he was across the street and she stupidly yelled "Bono!!" and he blew her a kiss and waved :love: :lol:

and one of my good friends went to England this summer to study at Cambridge, and she met people from all over the world...one lives in Nice and she called my friend a few weeks after they went back home and said she saw Bono and Ali at a restaurant!! :faint: :lol:

sami0201 said:

:ohmy: :drool:

someone my dad works with, his sister "met" Bono in London the day of Live8 :drool: he was across the street and she stupidly yelled "Bono!!" and he blew her a kiss and waved :love: :lol:

and one of my good friends went to England this summer to study at Cambridge, and she met people from all over the world...one lives in Nice and she called my friend a few weeks after they went back home and said she saw Bono and Ali at a restaurant!! :faint: :lol:

:drool: :drool: :drool:

FlyYourKite said:

He's such a good lookin man :drool:

I think the conversation went something like this:

Her: Oh hey wow I'm a big fan!
Taye: Yeah? Cool, thanks!
Her: Big plans for tonight?
Taye: (raises his shopping bags) Nah we're having a quiet one.
Her: Ah well happy new year!
Taye: (smiles) Same to you!

*dies* :lol:

I yelled at her for not running home with him and kidnapping Idina :love: :wink:

We so need to train our friends better! A few years ago my friend literally bumped into Neil Finn, the lead singer from the band Crowded House who has gone on to have a great solo career, in a book store in San Fran. She said "Oh excuse me." And he said "No worries, luv." And then she walked away and stared from a distance. I was like damn and he is not sitting in here in my living room after being kidnapped by you, BECAUSE?!?! :rant: I told her next time you better at least get a damn picture! or at the very least tell the man thank you for many years of beautiful music! Grrrrr! :lol:

FlyYourKite said:

He's such a good lookin man :drool:

I think the conversation went something like this:

Her: Oh hey wow I'm a big fan!
Taye: Yeah? Cool, thanks!
Her: Big plans for tonight?
Taye: (raises his shopping bags) Nah we're having a quiet one.
Her: Ah well happy new year!
Taye: (smiles) Same to you!

*dies* :lol:

I yelled at her for not running home with him and kidnapping Idina :love: :wink:

Cool!! :love:

Years ago, I saw How Stella Got Her Groove Back.

I want to be Stella, and find my groove in the same manner that she did! :scream: :shifty:

Russty Cat said:

We so need to train our friends better! A few years ago my friend literally bumped into Neil Finn, the lead singer from the band Crowded House who has gone on to have a great solo career, in a book store in San Fran. She said "Oh excuse me." And he said "No worries, luv." And then she walked away and stared from a distance. I was like damn and he is not sitting in here in my living room after being kidnapped by you, BECAUSE?!?! :rant: I told her next time you better at least get a damn picture! or at the very least tell the man thank you for many years of beautiful music! Grrrrr! :lol:

:lol: At least my friend didn't freak out and act like a psycho. I'm sure I'd either be too nervous to go up and say anything or I'd make some unintelligible mumblings and then have to leave. :wink:

FlyYourKite said:

:lol: At least my friend didn't freak out and act like a psycho. I'm sure I'd either be too nervous to go up and say anything or I'd make some unintelligible mumblings and then have to leave. :wink:

:lol: I seriously admire people who can keep their cool when they meet celebs that they like :laugh: :bow: I mean, they are just normal people, but they're not! I always wonder what I'd do if I met Bono :faint: I'd probably be too shy/shocked to say a word :reject:

VintagePunk said:

Cool!! :love:

Years ago, I saw How Stella Got Her Groove Back.

I want to be Stella, and find my groove in the same manner that she did! :scream: :shifty:

:lmao: I haven't seen that movie. He's such a good singer though - I wish he had more scenes in Rent. :love: And he sounds like the sweetest guy ...I was watching an interview with him and he said the happiest moment in his life was when Idina won the Tony award for her role in Wicked. :cute: He cried!

I have had a few brushes with fame when I was growing up. I was even in a movie as an extra when I was in high school. You can see me as a bright pink spot in a crowd a few times in the movie. :giggle:

But my biggest brush with fame was meeting Elton Jon or should I say running into him. :giggle: Late one night when my friend and I were staying in a suite at the Ritz Carlton in Palm Desert for spring break, we decided to go down and swim in the pool at about 11pm. When we were done we were going back up to our room where bathrobes over our bathing suits, being incredibly silly. We were on the elevator which you had to have a key to make it go to our floor and we decided that it would be fun to race back to our room after the door opened, but someone had to grab the key before we could run off or we couldn't get into our suite. So my friend yells go when the door opens and I grab the key and took off. STep out of the elevator ran a few feet and plowed right into Elton. :lol: I fell down and he helped me up at first I didn't know it was him and I just apologized for running into him. Then I looked up and he spoke. OH man I must have looked so funny, cuz I think he realized that I recognized him and was sort of in shock. :giggle: He said that it was no big deal, but to becareful cuz Jack Nicholson was in the hotel and he is a right cranky bastard. :lmao: He winked and walked off. We went back to our room and started jumping around and screaming. :lol: We saw him the next day when the hotel put out hor dervous before dinner on our floor that you could go munch on. We went out there and when we were going to sit down he winked, nodded, and smiled at us. I swear we about melted. :heart: He really is a sweet guy.

sami0201 said:

:lol: I seriously admire people who can keep their cool when they meet celebs that they like :laugh: :bow: I mean, they are just normal people, but they're not! I always wonder what I'd do if I met Bono :faint: I'd probably be too shy/shocked to say a word :reject:

I was too shocked to say anything and I don't remember anything......I think Bono tried to talk to me too :reject: :reject: :reject:

(I know you're not talking about being on stage, but I still had to state that)

OMG Russty! that's so cool :faint: :love: Jack is a cranky bastard :lmao:

the closest to fame I've ever gotten is living vicariously through my parents :lol:
they both have cool stories :drool:

but I have met Richie Sambora, Steven Tyler, and Lisa Marie Presley! :drool:

FlyYourKite said:

It is so hard not to freak out sometimes. :lol: Your friend did darn good! When Bono was three feet from me and there was nothing stopping me from saying anything I just stood there like a moron and tried not to pass out. :lmao: Yep screwed that one up big time. I wait 20 years to meet the man and then nothing! :lol: But at least I didn't start screaming like some other people did. :lol:

circa1992 said:

I was too shocked to say anything and I don't remember anything......I think Bono tried to talk to me too :reject: :reject: :reject:

(I know you're not talking about being on stage, but I still had to state that)

but you rode on his back :faint: :lol:

you'll have to ask him next time you meet what he tried to say :wink:

bye Bri! :hug:

See you Bri! :hug:

Russty, that's such a cool story. :) He's pretty much admitted that he can also be a very bitchy diva-type too, but I love that about him. :lol:

I've gotta go out for a bit, girls. See you all later :hug:

Russty Cat said:
I have had a few brushes with fame when I was growing up. I was even in a movie as an extra when I was in high school. You can see me as a bright pink spot in a crowd a few times in the movie. :giggle:

But my biggest brush with fame was meeting Elton Jon or should I say running into him. :giggle: Late one night when my friend and I were staying in a suite at the Ritz Carlton in Palm Desert for spring break, we decided to go down and swim in the pool at about 11pm. When we were done we were going back up to our room where bathrobes over our bathing suits, being incredibly silly. We were on the elevator which you had to have a key to make it go to our floor and we decided that it would be fun to race back to our room after the door opened, but someone had to grab the key before we could run off or we couldn't get into our suite. So my friend yells go when the door opens and I grab the key and took off. STep out of the elevator ran a few feet and plowed right into Elton. :lol: I fell down and he helped me up at first I didn't know it was him and I just apologized for running into him. Then I looked up and he spoke. OH man I must have looked so funny, cuz I think he realized that I recognized him and was sort of in shock. :giggle: He said that it was no big deal, but to becareful cuz Jack Nicholson was in the hotel and he is a right cranky bastard. :lmao: He winked and walked off. We went back to our room and started jumping around and screaming. :lol: We saw him the next day when the hotel put out hor dervous before dinner on our floor that you could go munch on. We went out there and when we were going to sit down he winked, nodded, and smiled at us. I swear we about melted. :heart: He really is a sweet guy.

:lmao:

awwww:heart: That's awesome

See ya later Bri :wave: :heart:

Sarah that definetly counts and man I would so have just died I dont' think I could handle being on stage with him. :faint:

Damn Sami I would love to meet all those people, especially Lisa Marie so I could taunt my father that I met Elvis daughter! He would die of jealousy. :giggle:

Back
Top Bottom