Pleba Girls Party: I want to be with you night and day...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know exactly what I'd do for a wedding now. A really sleek, elegant strapless dress, with white calla lilies. :cute: :drool: Unfortunately, it'll have to be for Sarah, because i don't ever plan to get married again. :lol:

Sad_Girl said:
Thanks Guys :hug: I was really really lucky to have a nice wedding :yes:

Russty Does it surprise you that our dresses are similar :lol:

It doesn't really surprise me. :lol: I swear we were seperated at birth! :giggle: :wink:

Okay I found a picture, but it doesn't show the back very much. Our professional photo album isn't on the shelf, the girls probably swiped it again. :lol:

NO BLOODY LAUGHING! I look like total crap and I was only dressed like this for my mom. :mad: She is the one in the picture with me. She was my Matron of Honor.

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:

Did you do yours, the planning, and stuff? What was it like?

I swear, my sister planned most of mine. :reject: :lol:

Yeah, I did mine. :crazy:

It was nice enough, Mark had two friends stand up with him and I had my sister and my best friend stand with me. We dressed formally for the ceremony, had it in my family church. My Nephew Matt was the ring bearer and the daughter of the woman my brother Jeff had been dating when he died was the flower girl.

Then we came back to my parents house, here on the hill, because the view is lovely and I wanted to keep it simple. So my mom and several cousins prepared food, typical graduation open house foods, like meatballs, cold cuts, potato salads etc...

my Brother in law at the time was the DJ... he did a great job.

Our song was 'I Don't wanna miss a thing' by Aerosmith :heart:

and we listened to the song 'Holes in the floor of heaven' in tribute to Jeff. (He had died in February 5, Mark and I got engaged on the 14th and we got married Aug 1st of the same year)

sami0201 said:

:lol: I want to elope

my parents aren't too happy about that :uhoh: :laugh:

:lol: I totally wanted to elope and I still wish we had. My parents couldn't say a whole lot, because they eloped on their third date and got married in Las Vegas. My mom was wearing purple hot pants aka purple Daisy Dukes and a paisley shirt. My dad had on jeans and a western shirt. :lmao: The hippie and the cowboy wed. They took my grandma out to breakfast and told her they got married while she was eating pancakes. :lol:

I figured I was home free after that story. :lol:

Russty Cat said:

:lol: I totally wanted to elope and I still wish we had. My parents couldn't say a whole lot, because they eloped on their third date and got married in Las Vegas. My mom was wearing purple hot pants aka purple Daisy Dukes and a paisley shirt. My dad had on jeans and a western shirt. :lmao: The hippie and the cowboy wed. They took my grandma out to breakfast and told her they got married while she was eating pancakes. :lol:

:lol:

my cousins grandparents got engaged the day they met and married 2 weeks later and they're still together :shocked:

Sad_Girl said:
Russty - I wouldn't laugh! thats a very nice picture :heart: :hug:

:hug: Thanks I still hate it. :lol: I even had my hair colored for the day so it would look nice for my mom. I really did everything for her. At the time every moment I had with her seemed so important so I did alot of things that I normally wouldn't do just to please her. I wanted to wear a nice black dress with my docs or bare feet and I had marroon hair at the time. My mom cried when I told her I was going to wear black and insisted that we do something nice. She asked if please for once could I try to be normal for the day. It did make her happy though and she still has pictures of me around her house like that, so she can look at them and pretend she has a normal daughter like her friends. :wink:

SG your wedding sounds so nice! But I can imagine what an emotional time it was for all of you. :heart: I was just a wreck trying to do the whole wedding thing without all the other things you had going on. :hug: But having your family and friends there had to be the nicest part.

sami0201 said:

:lol:

my cousins grandparents got engaged the day they met and married 2 weeks later and they're still together :shocked:

:lol: Damn that was quick! That is so cool though that they are still together. :heart: It gives me hope to hear stuff like that. *sigh* Who knew this marriage stuff was so darn hard?! :mad: :wink::huh:

VP and Russty - It was a very wild year emotionally; to top it all of, my sister and her husband were breaking up :huh: I think Mark and I rushed into it a bit because we were clinging to one another. I still don't regret it, really, but I can see where it led to problems

:hug: it says a lot about you that you did all of that for your mother, Russty :heart: It's not easy to put other people before our own desires, but sometimes it means so much that it's worth more than a million of your own wishes.

Russty Cat said:

:lol: Damn that was quick! That is so cool though that they are still together. :heart: It gives me hope to hear stuff like that. *sigh* Who knew this marriage stuff was so darn hard?! :mad: :wink::huh:

:lol: I guess it really was true "love at first sight" :cute: They are cute together, but they're insane :crazy: It makes them fun to be around though :wink: (yes, they're not my grandparents but I hang out with my cousin alot)

:hug:

Hi Dazz :hug:

I love your parents wedding story Russty :lol:

and Sami, too, your cousins grandparents... I thought the month my mom and dad knew one another was quick! :lol:

they met in the fall, at the end of softball season and were married in early november

VintagePunk said:
Hi Dazzled :hug:

I just went thorugh the other 3 threads -- to catch up on-- but not this one...since i saw you were all here.

:ohmy: :hmm:
So my 2 cents.. if you've said anythijg on this thread...i haven't seen it yet.

Seems like the cynic in you is the one upset that you're "'obessing" Other than your coment about havcing to know everything et al.

they say a cynic {and it doesn't just have to be love relationship....any kind of personal or larger like a pesron to their country etc}.a cynic is someone who's heart has been broken too many times..."

and at one point was he not the one who was a "warm body" for you.....{observation, i not a prob for me} ..

but I think that prety cool he felt he could say something like that. And i think you 3 reasons yesterday for hhim not calling you were very valid..........

gotta be both alert { to watch out for yourself} AND relaxed { to try and see how things flow, and s-l-o-w-l-y with time- shave a few percentage points off your mistrust...as his actions further warrant} this, VP.

Yeah.....easy to say. I know. :hug:

Russty Cat said:

"mmmm....mmmmm"MMWWAAAHHHAAAAA

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom