Pleba Girls' Party...Coming down fast, but right here above you...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Drea said:
Okay guys, catching up here :)

My phone line is :censored:, no dial tone, though I can check my voicemail just fine from a pay phone, and they can't get a repairman out till Tues (the repair guys were doing work to rule recently so they're behind). So I'll be spending a lot of time at this net cafe where I have a card ;)

Stuff from the last two threads that I want to put my two cents in on:

VP - I practically live in Cotton Ginny Plus now (though when I was in Chatham this weekend Mom took me to Pennington's, some of the stuff in there isn't bad). Just go one size (or what I had to do) 2 sizes up to keep the button gap thing from happening... (Maybe that's why I couldn't ever run in school - I'm a 42G! Talk about a handicap :laugh: )

SG - Yay Sims!!! James :cute: And Sim!JTAdam's a wonderful daddy :) :cute:

Shoot, there was other stuff too but I've forgotten :madspit:

Drea! You had the baby! Where!? I wanna see your new baby! What page is it?

HI Drea! :hug: Sorry about your phone that really sucks! Ours was done for a week once and it was a real pain in the bum. :madspit:

Mini-cat asked me a minute ago if I was gonna put on pants today? :laugh: Its okay for her to be in underwear all day, but for some reason its not cool if mommy does it. At least I have a t-shirt on. :giggle:

Russty Cat said:
cindy I almost forgot to tell you!! Guess whose getting a guitar?! :hyper: :giggle:

You! I saw! I'm so happy for you! Of course, I'm sure Mucca and I will be happy to answer any questions you might have about it or playing. She's doing lead. I'm doing chords. :lol: Makes me think of Bono and BB in R&H.

greeneyedgirl said:
no, she's my love slave :drool:

:no:

GG you're my love slave
2.gif

CeeCee said:

You! I saw! I'm so happy for you! Of course, I'm sure Mucca and I will be happy to answer any questions you might have about it or playing. She's doing lead. I'm doing chords. :lol: Makes me think of Bono and BB in R&H.

Thanks I'm a bit excited about it. I will definetly be picking both your brains often. :giggle: BB "I'm horrible at chords". :lol:

It should be interesting considering I'm use to ready sheet music when I'm playing piano and singing. I know TABS aren't that hard to read, it will just take time to get use to it. Mr. cat was funny though and asked if I was going to take lessons. I was like nope probably just read a book and go for it myself. He laughed and said he figured thats what I would do, since thats what I always do when I want to do something. I've taught myself how to do most things by reading books. Its just easier for me then dealing with another person who will just piss me off. :lol:

Russty Cat said:

Thanks I'm a bit excited about it. I will definetly be picking both your brains often. :giggle: BB "I'm horrible at chords". :lol:

It should be interesting considering I'm use to ready sheet music when I'm playing piano and singing. I know TABS aren't that hard to read, it will just take time to get use to it. Mr. cat was funny though and asked if I was going to take lessons. I was like nope probably just read a book and go for it myself. He laughed and said he figured thats what I would do, since thats what I always do when I want to do something. I've taught myself how to do most things by reading books. Its just easier for me then dealing with another person who will just piss me off. :lol:

Bono "So am I. That's okay. Edge will do the chords."

I'm happy to pass on my (very) limited knowledge along! I've got Guitar for Dummies that I"m using. I'm STILL trying to figure out how to read TAB. It's a pain in the arse. Giving me fits. I now can play, badly, the key of A. However trying to read the damned sheet musice for kumbya is killing me.

Drea said:
Russty - I didn't know you were a slasher! *G* Cindy, you better be sending to the LIB site!! :evil:

I guess I no longer have secrets from you guys. :giggle: I've been a closet slasher for a while. I've been fighting it, much like I was my other interests lately. I've given in for now. I just don't care anymore. :lol:

I would love some reccomindations. :hyper:

Hi SG! :hug:

Yes in this context (I will deny I ever admitted to this in the future) its a same sex romance fan fic. :reject: :shifty: :lol:

Russty Cat said:

I guess I no longer have secrets from you guys. :giggle: I've been a closet slasher for a while. I've been fighting it, much like I was my other interests lately. I've given in for now. I just don't care anymore. :lol:

I would love some reccomindations. :hyper:

Okay, in the top section of the Pairings page - Close, Closer, Closest (each story is a standalone, but there's an overall story with the three).. While We're Young and Beautiful... hmm.. haven't read anything in there recently, so some of my other favs I've forgotten.

In the section with the other two in the Pairings page (which I was in again yesterday, for the God-knows-how-manyth-time ;)) - Hands, No Smoking Flight, Closer To the Heart, Dots, In Dreams, The Current, All Fruits Ripe, Endless Deep (I think that's the right title), To Decline And Fall In Rome, The Shirt (short and silly), Learning to Drown... damn, there's one more and the title escapes me at the moment :mad:

(If you want me to specify the pairings in these sections, MSN me *G*)

There's some appeal in the tabu; that's a fact as old as humanity. Also, I for one can see the appeal of men able to express loving emotions, to be tender to one another. thats another reason there is some appeal in slash. also, simply stretching the imagination into the realms of things other than ordinary. So, I'm not judging by any means. that was just the best definition I could give

Sad_Girl said:
There's some appeal in the tabu; that's a fact as old as humanity. Also, I for one can see the appeal of men able to express loving emotions, to be tender to one another. thats another reason there is some appeal in slash. also, simply stretching the imagination into the realms of things other than ordinary. So, I'm not judging by any means. that was just the best definition I could give

The site that Cindy and I are talking about has some amazing writers - however, it's also real person slash, which can offend some people right off, let alone the subject matter.

Drea said:

Okay, in the top section of the Pairings page - Close, Closer, Closest (each story is a standalone, but there's an overall story with the three).. While We're Young and Beautiful... hmm.. haven't read anything in there recently, so some of my other favs I've forgotten.

In the section with the other two in the Pairings page (which I was in again yesterday, for the God-knows-how-manyth-time ;)) - Hands, No Smoking Flight, Closer To the Heart, Dots, In Dreams, The Current, All Fruits Ripe, Endless Deep (I think that's the right title), To Decline And Fall In Rome, The Shirt (short and silly), Learning to Drown... damn, there's one more and the title escapes me at the moment :mad:

(If you want me to specify the pairings in these sections, MSN me *G*)

Thank you, I've found em. :giggle:

SG I think your right about men being able to express emotion in the stories being very appealing. For me I think its just about fantasy. Taking me out of my boring life and thinking about other people that I care about for a bit.

I think we all have things that we went romance, love, sex. Needs that usually aren't being met in our real life. I know for me when I'm lacking things I tend to read fan fic to give me a little boost in a way. Its a harmless way to fulfill a want.

Drea said:

The site that Cindy and I are talking about has some amazing writers - however, it's also real person slash, which can offend some people right off, let alone the subject matter.

yeah, you have to be careful when you write about real people... Libel is a serious business. even when it's made clear that it's fictional, anything that person/people find offensive is off limits. It's just basic human respect

I hate to stop in and the take off right away like this, but I have a couple of phone calls I forgot to make :yikes: It's 4:30 now, so I'd better go do that

:wave: see you guys later

Russty Cat said:

I think we all have things that we went romance, love, sex. Needs that usually aren't being met in our real life. I know for me when I'm lacking things I tend to read fan fic to give me a little boost in a way. Its a harmless way to fulfill a want.

None of the recs I gave are angsty - I'm kind of ambivalent about angst *g* But all of them are really good :)

WildHoney said:
Hi Girls :wave:

Wow got a bit of catching up to do...

So look at this while you wait for me

7eb9634d.jpg

kind of pensive but OH soooooo Beautiful and his hair look so soft, nicely styled there...... :drool: :drool: ...*runs her hand thru his hair, down his neck and....*

:wave: :hug:s see y'all later at the lib
...which lately alot of you have been disapearing around 7-8 Eastern daylight svings time :grumpy: :sad:

Drea said:

It is hard when its real people. I can remember a ton of blow ups when RP slash started showing up when LOTR was filming. But I think it was rather nice that some of the actors spoke up about it and said that even if it didn't float their boat they weren't offended. Very cool of them to be so understanding.

I wouldn't want to do anything to disrespect U2 or offended anyone on here, so I think its really nice that people try to leave stuff off the board that might cause problems for some people. :heart:

See ya later SG! :hug:

Back
Top Bottom