Pleba Girls Party: Come together, right now, over me...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:wave:

Just coming to say goodbye!! I haven't started packing yet and I leave tomorrow afternoon, and I'm gonna be in school all day. :uhoh: :lol: Love you all and I'll try to get on from Europe but if not I'll speak to you girls when I get back!! :hug: :heart:

He does get around... :lol:

You're probably right... if you started dreaming about the town I grew up in, that would be extremely scary! :ohmy:
Basically, Bono was supposed to give a speech at the festival in this town, and for some reason I had to drive him there in my little Mazda. Which is fine, except all the roads into town suddenly became impassable, for various unlikely reasons. It was all very stressful... :yikes:

I blame the pics of Bono in Berlin + the fact there really is a festival on in my home town + reading an article about how they're trying to make it a really "green", carbon neutral event. (We really should have walked instead of driving, I guess! :lol: )

Alisaura said:
+ reading an article about how they're trying to make it a really "green", carbon neutral event. (We really should have walked instead of driving, I guess! :lol: )

:lmao:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, it would have been scary. It would have been scary if you'd been dreaming about getting married to my Gavin, too :wink:

We were in London, for some reason, not Manchester, and we were apparently at the reception and Bono was there, and he brought me a drink and we were chatting away like old friends, and the Oprah showed up and gave me a hug and told me congratulations and stuff. and after she walked away I was SO pissed off at Bono because apparently he invited her without my permission - I was all :rant: :madwife: on him

I have strange dreams :eyebrow: :lol:

I'm alright, Ali thanks :)

feeling a little icky for some reason. Headachey, a bit sick to my stomach - nothing serious, just enough to make me feel a little blah :shrug:

Hopefully tomorrow will be much better :)

Sad_Girl said:
... and after she walked away I was SO pissed off at Bono because apparently he invited her without my permission - I was all :rant: :madwife: on him
:lmao: Strange, yes, but entertaining :D

Sorry to hear you're feeling icky... :hug: I recommend a healthy dose of RSOC + Moobday action :wink:
I forgot to post to RSOC last night! Too busy venting my spleen in EYKIW... :reject:

Alisaura said:

:lmao: Strange, yes, but entertaining :D

Sorry to hear you're feeling icky... :hug: I recommend a healthy dose of RSOC + Moobday action :wink:
I forgot to post to RSOC last night! Too busy venting my spleen in EYKIW... :reject:

Sounds like the right prescription to me :combust:

Well post in it now, silly! :wink: or, you know, when you get home :lol:

I don't spend much time outside of the safe, cozy confines of Pleba these days :reject: what's up in EYKIW?

Must. stop. procrastinating. :crack:

why can't I stop? :sad:

Why does inspiration always come to me at 2am when I'm lacking in sleep and coherence?

Why is Happy feet such an adorable movie?

Why did I just have to go and watch it last night...

Ah yes, the big Why questions of life.

Last edited:
Sad_Girl said:
Well post in it now, silly! :wink: or, you know, when you get home :lol:

I don't spend much time outside of the safe, cozy confines of Pleba these days :reject: what's up in EYKIW?

Home time is nearly 6 hours away... :sad:

The usual sort of thing is up in EYKIW... I don't spend much time there myself, and someone started a thread called "things you shouldn't admit to", and I decided that the world should know exactly why I don't spend much time there. :lol: :reject:

Hey Bri! :hug: I'll address your questions in a moment :wink:

~BrightestStar~ said:
Must. stop. procrastinating. :crack:

Why does inspiration always come to me at 2am when I'm lacking in sleep and coherence?

Ah yes, the big Why questions of life.

Why, indeed! :hmm:

:hug: hi Bri! sounds like you're in a tizzy! What's up?

and I wanna watch Happy Feet! :hyper:

Sad_Girl said:

Why, indeed! :hmm:

:hug: hi Bri! sounds like you're in a tizzy! What's up?

and I wanna watch Happy Feet! :hyper:

I'm trying to write this paper. The one I was in good shape for yesterday. :sigh:
I've got all the quotes and reasearch and stuff all together in one spot, organized according to what section they're relevent too..I have little blurbs from my outline that describe/sum up each paragraph.
It's just the process of actually putting it all together/blurting it out/finishing the hell up.

But I've got nothing.
I just sit there and stare at the page.

bah

How are you? :hug:

And Happy Feet is sooooooo cute! Plus Robin Williams voices 2 of the characters = hilarity. (sp?) And steve irwin is one of the voices too. :heart:

~BrightestStar~ said:
Ignoring me won't make me stop procrastinating. :grumpy:

ETA: There you all are! :reject:

:lol:!!! What a strange combination - an Impatient Procrastinator :wink:

~BrightestStar~ said:

<random>
Mom insisted I put socks on so I don't get a cold in my feet/legs so that my back won't hurt anymore than it already has been.
But now my feet are hot.
What's a girl to do? :sad:

:scratch: that's an interesting theory for relieving/easing back pain :eyebrow:

I slide your socks down to your toes and let your feet cool off?

technicallly, you'll still be wearing them :shifty: :wink:

~BrightestStar~ said:

I'm trying to write this paper. The one I was in good shape for yesterday. :sigh:
I've got all the quotes and reasearch and stuff all together in one spot, organized according to what section they're relevent too..I have little blurbs from my outline that describe/sum up each paragraph.
It's just the process of actually putting it all together/blurting it out/finishing the hell up.

But I've got nothing.
I just sit there and stare at the page.

bah

How are you? :hug:

And Happy Feet is sooooooo cute! Plus Robin Williams voices 2 of the characters = hilarity. (sp?) And steve irwin is one of the voices too. :heart:

Aw! :hug: I know that feeling too well, my dear! :crack:

Just keep trying, it'll come eventually :hug:

I didn't realize Steve had done a voice for that! now I really have to see it. :heart:

Sad_Girl said:

:lol:!!! What a strange combination - an Impatient Procrastinator :wink:

omg, the irony.

:lmao:

I'm just special that way. :wink:

:scratch: that's an interesting theory for relieving/easing back pain :eyebrow:

I slide your socks down to your toes and let your feet cool off?

technicallly, you'll still be wearing them :shifty: :wink:

Something about cold feet will lead you to geting cold in the backs of your legs. That much I get..cause sometimes my knees hurt (ya, that's right, I'm falling apart. I have the body of a 90 year old)...but I'm not sure about the back connection either.

Ooo...good idea...::happy:

~BrightestStar~ said:

Something about cold feet will lead you to geting cold in the backs of your legs. That much I get..cause sometimes my knees hurt (ya, that's right, I'm falling apart. I have the body of a 90 year old)...but I'm not sure about the back connection either.

Ooo...good idea...::happy:

I wasn't criticizing, just so you know. It was just a new theory to me. Even though I tend to act as if I know everything, the fact is there are still some things I've never heard of. ten or twelve at least :wink:

Sad_Girl said:

Aw! :hug: I know that feeling too well, my dear! :crack:

Just keep trying, it'll come eventually :hug:

I didn't realize Steve had done a voice for that! now I really have to see it. :heart:

It's so sad because for once I was really on top of a paper. Had all the research ready and raring to go. Didn't start the night before.

and yet, here I am...probably going to end up getting little to no sleep. :sigh:

My hope is that writing here will get the typing going and maybe I'll be able to start punching some stuff out....

Sigh :hug:
Stupid writiers block.

It really is ridiculous, a huge precentage of my university papers have had the bulk of them written in the middle of the night.

I just can't write during the day :coocoo:

~BrightestStar~ said:

It's so sad because for once I was really on top of a paper. Had all the research ready and raring to go. Didn't start the night before.

and yet, here I am...probably going to end up getting little to no sleep. :sigh:

My hope is that writing here will get the typing going and maybe I'll be able to start punching some stuff out....

Sigh :hug:
Stupid writiers block.

It really is ridiculous, a huge precentage of my university papers have had the bulk of them written in the middle of the night.

I just can't write during the day :coocoo:

That's not uncommon, actually. At least not according to the stuff I've read about writer's block. I know I tend to have certain times of the day when I can write much better than others. Evening, right after dinner and then later at night seem to be my best

Sad_Girl said:

That's not uncommon, actually. At least not according to the stuff I've read about writer's block. I know I tend to have certain times of the day when I can write much better than others. Evening, right after dinner and then later at night seem to be my best

Really? That's interesting. :hmm:
I wonder why that is.

Where's VP to offer some psychoanalysis when you need her?

And does that mean I'm doomed to pull all nighters for the rest of my life? :scream:

~BrightestStar~ said:
*puts on philosopher hat*

1. Cos procrastination is as addictive as blue crack... and procrastinating WITH blue crack is the most addictive of all...

2. Cos you're a night owl and your brain works best at 2am? Except without the coherence... :scratch:

3. Don't know, I haven't seen it... :reject:

4. Cos it's adorable?

I didn't know Steve Irwin was in it either! :ohmy:

As for socks... If my feet are cold, all of me is cold... If your feet are hot, I'd let them cool off?

~BrightestStar~ said:

And does that mean I'm doomed to pull all nighters for the rest of my life? :scream:

Not at all - I've also read a lot of stuff about changing the time that is your most productive. I know I started writing after I dropped Jeffy off at school in the mornings and did quite well with it.

Sad_Girl said:

Not at all - I've also read a lot of stuff about changing the time that is your most productive. I know I started writing after I dropped Jeffy off at school in the mornings and did quite well with it.

So you just started to force yourself to write at different times?

You know what I love? Muscle memory.
When I was typing out some quotes from books yesterday, my fingers were flying...:drool:

~BrightestStar~ said:

So you just started to force yourself to write at different times?

You know what I love? Muscle memory.
When I was typing out some quotes from books yesterday, my fingers were flying...:drool:

It wasn't so much forcing myself as it was focusing on the mindset I am usually in when I write, finding the inspiration or motivation I needed at a different time.

I think your problem is that your main motivator is the time crunch :lol:

:hmm: We need to try and find some way of rewarding yourself that will make you get something done early instead of just 'on time'

:hmm:
I wonder what would motivate me besides a deadline...

Sad_Girl said:

I think your problem is that your main motivator is the time crunch :lol:

Well, I must admit, realizing you have, lets say, three hours before your major paper is due, is pretty inspiring. :lol:

Sigh, at least this paper isn't due till the afternoon, so there is some chance that I'll have time to edit in the morning when I've (hopefully) gotten some sleep.

Back
Top Bottom