PLEBA girls party-certain visitors not allowed!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SG, look on the bright side, we now get the pleasure of hanging out with you tonight :cute:

The security guard is so nice! :cute: The first 15 minutes are free and then you have to pay, so my dad went out and asked him how we pay because I wanted to stay longer and he said not to worry about it! I love nice people.

Alright, girly girls I need to go an hunt down some dinner for myself, I’ll catch you later :wave:

It's just so frustrating :hug:

We were so deeply in love for the first ten years we were together. Then about 2 years ago he had this breakdown. First the man who was the director before him, who had trained him in to the job he's doing now killed himself, then a police officer whom he knew fairly well and whom he'd served on the fire department with for awhile killed himself and then Mark's uncle killed himself (all in the course of two months time) and with his Uncle, Mark was the first person on the scene.

He just sort of - shut down. Post traumatic stress. Things got worse and worse for a few months, then he left me because of all the stuff he was going through - he'd been an only child and his mother had abandoned him with his grandparents more than once, then came and got him to live with her again - she worked third shift, so he spent all of his nights alone from a fairly early age, and of course, in the day time, she slept, so days were fairly open for him, too.

So he just wanted the freedom to try and heal by being alone. I've done everything I could to help, but all he wants is to be left alone mostly.

He sees a counselor. We talk a few times a week; A lot more, lately. It's been a lot better lately, between us. He still pays the bills, still tells me I'm the only woman he can ever see himself being with

But not yet. He's numb inside most of the time. tired and numb.

And all I can really do is wait

Last edited:
SG I didn't know that. :hug: I don't know what to say but I'm sorry, and I know you're amazing and I think it's amazing how you're there for him and that you're doing this. And I'm glad that things are getting better. :heart:

It's not easy. But I don't want anyone else; he's my soul mate. I'm a proactive person - I'm the first one to jump in and help. The hardest thing in the world for me to do is nothing.

:hug: I'm very glad I have found the friends I have here, and I know that no matter what happens, things happen in life for a reason and I'm not the sort of person who regrets things; whatever happens is a lesson or a test and I take it and consider myself smarter and stronger for having lived through it

Sad_Girl said:
It's not easy. But I don't want anyone else; he's my soul mate. I'm a proactive person - I'm the first one to jump in and help. The hardest thing in the world for me to do is nothing.

Haven’t known you long at all but I’ve definitely gotten that impression from you. I hope you’ve got people in your “real” life who do that same for you

pattip2000 said:

Haven’t known you long at all but I’ve definitely gotten that impression from you. I hope you’ve got people in your “real” life who do that same for you

Thanks. I do, I have a really wonderful family.

Sad_Girl said:
I'm feeling pretty crappy at the moment. My husband stood me up. :sigh: He told me a few hours ago he wasn't feeling well and he didn't know if he'd make it over, but he was supposed to call me and he didn't. Now he isn't at the office and not answering his cell phone. If he hadn't done this sort of thing so many times before I'd be worried about him. As it is, I'm just disapointed and sad.

:madwife: :hug: :hug: :(

Sad_Girl said:

:hug: I'm very glad I have found the friends I have here, and I know that no matter what happens, things happen in life for a reason and I'm not the sort of person who regrets things; whatever happens is a lesson or a test and I take it and consider myself smarter and stronger for having lived through it

Great attitude. :) :hug: And you've helped teach me that patience isn't necessarily a bad thing. :hug:

Although I'm not having a great day in that regard, either. :|

Back
Top Bottom