Pleba Girls Party: All Star Action!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Russty Cat said:

Yeah that would be way to much changes. It would definetly drive me batty and not be worth it for all the brain cells that would die. :lol:

Perhaps one day when I'm feeling ambitious - or more accurately, lose my remaining sanity :wink: - I'll try to chart it out and see what colours I could use from my stash :lol:

I'm trying to write out a lecture for my American Gov't 101 lecture tomorrow. The text I have is terrible and I can't seem to wrap my head around the idea of an introductory course anymore.

I've spent the last two years reading research on the incumbency advantage, the minimal effects model of media input, institutional conflicts, and whatever other silly, overly academic sounding pile of political science uber-nerd ca-ca you can think of.

All I have to do tomorrow is define the 3 branches of gov't and I don't know where to begin! *headache*

Elessarian said:
I'm trying to write out a lecture for my American Gov't 101 lecture tomorrow. The text I have is terrible and I can't seem to wrap my head around the idea of an introductory course anymore.

I've spent the last two years reading research on the incumbency advantage, the minimal effects model of media input, institutional conflicts, and whatever other silly, overly academic sounding pile of political science uber-nerd ca-ca you can think of.

All I have to do tomorrow is define the 3 branches of gov't and I don't know where to begin! *headache*

:hug: It's hard to get back into introductory mode when you know the topics in depth, isn't it?

I'm literally looking at a blank wordperfect document thinking...uh...well, there's congress. And the President. And the Supreme Court, of course, but that's not really my area of research. Uh....*crickets in classroom*

:|

This is proof that staying in school till the 82nd grade will make you stupid.

Elessarian said:

Why did the Schoolhouse Rock "I'm just a bill ... on Capital Hill ..." video just pop into my head as I read this? :laugh:

Perhaps Bono could be your guest lecturer in "How to Lobby the Executive and Legislative Branches of Government for Fun and Debt Relief."

Oh, Russty - do you still have the unedited version of promises 20? I had someone request it and now I can't find it :grumpy:

:hug: VP - how you feeling tonight?

jobob said:

Why did the Schoolhouse Rock "I'm just a bill ... on Capital Hill ..." video just pop into my head as I read this? :laugh:

Perhaps Bono could be your guest lecturer in "How to Lobby the Executive and Legislative Branches of Government for Fun and Debt Relief."

Schoolhouse Rock had the right idea!!

I have a feeling my students are gonna get well acquainted with The West Wing this semester. I hope they like Rob Lowe.

dazzledbylight said:
Russty!!!

3 :scratch: things i think.....

oh yeah, now i remeber all 3.....

1) Verrrry nice part of you gigundo project...is that the one your were so fretful over about ? 4-6 wks back?

2) I'm very glad you found someone who re-encourged myou to go back to artmaking! tHAT was your story from ?2 threads back?

3) the Godess of Pleabaville should have us doing something artistic at the same time in one room.....

*suddenly PLBN thots ...interpose themsevles.... *like both of us painting a nude B! *:shifty: :laugh:

Is he modeling!?
Cause I'm *so* there!

Wild horses couldn't keep me away! :wink:

HI Diane, Drea, SG :hug:

SG, don't get me started. I'll tell you about my aches and pains, and then the next thing you know, we'll be discussing the loss of limbs. :lmao:

Okay, I'm clearly tired. :crazy:

She made me a bit more sore today, but the Advil is taking the edge off it...it's just making it from dose to dose. Thanks for asking. :hug:

jobob said:

Rusty, my mom and I said to ourselves years ago before my younger brother got married that we'd pull his fiance aside and warn her about what he could be like. My brother's not a complete and total bastard, but he can have a temper. And my stepmother is now totally convinced he is a control freak bastard to my SIL.

That is hard! My mother asked me in front of my sister in law one night when we were sitting in my parents hot tub, what advice would I give her, since I'd been married 6 years at the time. I said "First off don't do it! He's a right bastard and you will hate yourself later." She said she knew that he had been abusive to me growing up and he had told her he felt horrible about it. I told he was full of crap that he will turn on her as soon as he gets angry. She said she was willing to still marry him. I told her the first time he hits you, you better be ready to run. My SIL is tiny and I worry that he could kill her in a fit of rage. A few years ago my mother told me they were having "problems" I said what the fuck did I tell her?!!!

He's an asshole who thinks the world owes him and he will never change. Only reason he doesn't touch me know is cuz he knows if he does Mr. Cat will kill him. Best day of my life was when I walked in and saw Mr. Cat holding my brother by the neck with my bro down on his knees crying! He made him apologize to me for calling me a bitch and made him tell me that he would never touch me or speak to me like that again.

I also told her that night to buy lots of lube for their wedding night. :giggle:

Elessarian said:
This is my class:

Don't forget these guys!

:| :|
12.gif
:| :| :yawn: :|
2.gif
:| :|

Elessarian said:
This is proof that staying in school till the 82nd grade will make you stupid.

To quote Bluto Blutarsky in Animal House: "Seven years of college down the drain." Only for me it's technically eight years. And I pray to God it doesn't go down the drain.

Sad_Girl said:
Oh, Russty - do you still have the unedited version of promises 20? I had someone request it and now I can't find it :grumpy:

:hug: VP - how you feeling tonight?

SG I emailed it to ya, just now. If ya don't get it let me know and I can do it again. :hug:

HI VP! :hug: :heart:

Back
Top Bottom