Pleba Girls Party: All Star Action!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Girl1978 said:
I really want to go to NY..... Aye yi yi....must not spend more money.

I really wanted to see a show in Vegas. My best friend lives in Idaho, and she & I have been aching to meet up there and see U2. We're both in the same financial boat (and it's sinking...!) so it looks like a no-go. Oh, well, next tour...!

Diane L said:

I know...I hate when that happens! Like when I'm at work and there's a setlist party going on, and I have no access to the Internet :grumpy:

it's the worst! i went to the wedding of friend on June 25th, and when she told me the wedding date, I said, "you CANNOT get married on the day of a U2 Dublin gig!" She thought I was kidding. I went, but I wasn't happy :grumpy: actually, it was a fun danish wedding and i'd never been to Denmark. but STILL!

DG, you are so cute I want to squeeeeeeeeeeze you! you better take it down--you're gonna have half the male population of interference scratching at the door :wink:

ok, another cute pic:
Picture003.jpg

Diane L said:

I really wanted to see a show in Vegas. My best friend lives in Idaho, and she & I have been aching to meet up there and see U2. We're both in the same financial boat (and it's sinking...!) so it looks like a no-go. Oh, well, next tour...!

Diane, I may have a ticket to sell for Vegas 2 if you end up going, so PM me. I'm not sure when I will know...it depends on whether a friend decides not to go...

DG, get your mom to take you to NYC! wear the uniform and look scholarly :giggle:

U2Girl1978 said:
Ok girls, I am off to bed! It's good to see you again ruffian! I was worried because of what happened in London. Very glad that you are ok. :) :hug: to all!
nite U2Girl :hug:
thanks for your good thoughts...i left the day before the bombings, so good thing. see you soon!

my pug has, um, a weight problem, but he's just the sweetest thing. my pet count is 2 dogs, a cat, a bunny (who lives inside), a parrot, and a horse. no more!

ruffian said:

it's the worst! i went to the wedding of friend on June 25th, and when she told me the wedding date, I said, "you CANNOT get married on the day of a U2 Dublin gig!" She thought I was kidding. I went, but I wasn't happy :grumpy: actually, it was a fun danish wedding and i'd never been to Denmark. but STILL!

I know! My cousin's getting married on the day of TO 4 (fortunately I don't have a ticket for that show) - when I was starting to think about looking for a ticket to that show I was informed by Mom to "keep the weekend of Sept 17th open". So I'm going to miss the big meetup (unless people come in early evening on the 16th at the latest) with the PLEBA girls :( And just to rub salt in the wound - Evan (my cousin) looks like JT-era Adam! *snerk*

Aww... I missed DG's uniform :sad:

Cute Doggie, Ruff :cute:

I'm looking for a part time job, and my Mom thought I was joking when I told her that if they didn't allow for my trip to TO this September I would just quit. :| I'm straight serious. I'll quit in a heartbeat. :heart: :hug:

I'll be there on the 15th , Drea :hyper:

Last edited:
Hello all. Happy All-Star Game day.

If anyone watched the game on TV and saw the stealth bomber fly over Comerica Park after the Star-Spangled Banner: I was at an All-Star Game viewing party in the Renaissance Center near Comerica Park. Just after we saw the fly over on TV, we saw the plane right outside our windows. Very cool.

And may I be among the first to wish you all a Happy 20th Live Aid Anniversary? Yes, it was 20 years ago July 13 ... :rockon:

Sad_Girl said:
Aww... I missed DG's uniform :sad:

Cute Doggie, Ruff :cute:

I'm looking for a part time job, and my Mom thought I was joking when I told her that if they didn't allow for my trip to TO this September I would just quit. :| I'm straight serious. I'll quit in a heartbeat. :heart: :hug:

Toronto's becoming quite the meet-up spot! I'd love to be there too!

So many shows...so little cash...how can I choose where to go...!!!

Sad_Girl said:

Yay!! :hyper: The group of us that are here then should go out for dinner somewhere that night - do you know where you're staying yet?

This is going to be so much fun!! :dancing:

Diane L said:
Hi, Jobob!!! I want to talk to you!!! I'm going to library school too!

:hug: Diane!

I've been a part-time student in the MLIS program at Wayne State since just before Sept. 11. Next month, I'm finally finished. :hyper:

I started out wanting to work in a special library. Now, I think I would consider a position in either a public or special library -- or in a non-library setting. I just want to finish and then start looking for a job. :)

Where do you go to library school? What are you specializing in?

Drea said:

Yay!! :hyper: The group of us that are here then should go out for dinner somewhere that night - do you know where you're staying yet?

This is going to be so much fun!! :dancing:

Sounds good :yes: And um... no :reject: I'm waiting on my husband to pay off my over-limit credit card to make reservations .

Joanne and Diane I went to school for a few years with a minor in Library Science. My dad thought it would be perfect for me since I love to read. Small problem is that I'm horrible at keeping things organized and I'm pretty much anti-any type of authority. :lol: It definetly wasn't the job for me. But I did enjoy being in the library at my college alot.

Back
Top Bottom