PLEBA girls party-a little too friendly!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Russty Cat said:
VP you shouldn't feel guilty he is being an ass!

I'm seriously pissed off at my father this year even more so then usual. Actually at both my parents and my father doesn't even have a fucking clue! I swear I'm tempted to send nothing at all.

I hate having fucking guilt though.

My brother better be buying him some big ass gift! I was informed the other day by my mother that my brother is getting most of their furniture when my parents move. Its not enough that they are buying my fucking good for nothing abusive drug addicted asshole of a brother a house, but they are giving him furniture as well. All I've asked for is the goddamn piano!!! Is it to much to ask for a 50 year old piano!! For gods sake! I swear I want to scream at them both so much.

Sorry its like opening up fucking pandoras box of shite talking about my oarents.

:hug: I remember reading about the issues with your parents and your brother. Sucks. :mad:

Maybe the best girft we have is the ability to do better with our own kids?

I am thankful for my father in law who is like Gods gift to women and children. He is an amazing man who has always treated me like I was important to him since day one. And he didn't even flinch the first night we met and I was a total smart ass. :giggle: He was so sweet when we woke him up one night to tell him we were getting married. He broke out a bottle of champagne and everything. *sigh* I miss him. He calls me "his baby girl" :sad: there coming to visit in a few weeks, but I have a feeling I will have to kiss major ass cuz he isn't happy with me for getting a tattoo. :(

Elessarian said:

Maybe (and I don't have a daughter so I may be speaking out of my ass) you could just let Sarah have the money and she can decide to spend it on him or not...

That's a really good idea. :hug: I think I know what would happen though. She has (for better or worse) inherited my sense of decency, and she'd probably spend it on him.

Or maybe she'd just spend some of it...get him something cheap-ass..and keep the rest for herself. :evil:

daygloeyes2 said:

My father's attitude seems to change when he has a girlfriend. :|

He's good about child support, but horrible about everything else. He hasn't contributed a dime towards my education in high school, other than used books which he complained about. He's never paid for retainers, braces, anything like that. And when he gave us 2 USED air conditioners, he wanted my mother to pay for a $60 fan as a thank you. :slant:

Yep. My dad lucked out...he never had to legally pay much for us. Never contributed a dime for college.
What an ass.

Russty Cat said:
I am thankful for my father in law who is like Gods gift to women and children. He is an amazing man who has always treated me like I was important to him since day one. And he didn't even flinch the first night we met and I was a total smart ass. :giggle: He was so sweet when we woke him up one night to tell him we were getting married. He broke out a bottle of champagne and everything. *sigh* I miss him. He calls me "his baby girl" :sad: there coming to visit in a few weeks, but I have a feeling I will have to kiss major ass cuz he isn't happy with me for getting a tattoo. :(

If he's the man you say he is, he'll get over it...that, plus what he said on the phone the other day. :giggle:

I know I mentioned this the other day...and I'm not looking for sympathy...I have many gifts because of him...but my dad was the best. He's not here anymore...but what he gave me will last forever. :heart:

I never felt this way before, but I wonder how much I've missed out on by not having a father growing up. My mother has raised my brother and I almost alone from the time he was 5 and I was 1. He was in and out of my life for most of my childhood, and even though he's stuck around for the past 7 or 8 years he's not exactly winning father of the year award. At a retreat, some of the senior peer ministers talked about important relationships in their life. One girl talked about how close she was with her dad, how they have these little traditions, how they do all this stuff together, how he's taken her to baseball games since she was a little kid, etc. And I couldn't help but feel a little twinge of jealousy, because my father was never around to do that stuff. He was off with my now ex stepmother (who made my life hell when I was a kid) and my little half sister for awhile. I never felt like I was missing out on anything, since I've never really known what it's like to have 2 parents together. But I just can't help but feel that I have. :|

Russty Cat said:

That's like my Pop...my granddaddy. It's actually very very easy to describe Pop. He *is* Andy Taylor from the Andy Griffith show. Pop is much more handsome, of course, but they have the exact same accent and mannerisms, the same calm, kind demeanor. And, even though I *know* you're not supposed to have favorites, I'm Pop's favorite....maybe cuz he was sensitive to how my dad ignored me, but Pop always made up for it. In the last year he's been telling all his friends that I'll be a doctor within the year (yeah right!). I :heart: my Pop.

daygloeyes2 said:
I never felt this way before, but I wonder how much I've missed out on by not having a father growing up. My mother has raised my brother and I almost alone from the time he was 5 and I was 1. He was in and out of my life for most of my childhood, and even though he's stuck around for the past 7 or 8 years he's not exactly winning father of the year award. At a retreat, some of the senior peer ministers talked about important relationships in their life. One girl talked about how close she was with her dad, how they have these little traditions, how they do all this stuff together, how he's taken her to baseball games since she was a little kid, etc. And I couldn't help but feel a little twinge of jealousy, because my father was never around to do that stuff. He was off with my now ex stepmother (who made my life hell when I was a kid) and my little half sister for awhile. I never felt like I was missing out on anything, since I've never really known what it's like to have 2 parents together. But I just can't help but feel that I have. :|

Families have evolved so much since that vision of Leave It to Beaver in the 50's...the nuclear, two-parent family is getting to be an oddity. As long as you have a strong male figure somewhere in your life...one of your mom's relatives, maybe? My guess would be no, you didn't miss anything. Being in psych, I've read a lot about children of divorce and stuff like that...there are some very interesting findings that make me feel very good about my situation.

dazzledbylight said:

You??!!!!! :madspit: *hits vp with a small, harmless pillow*

You've had quite Enough for now! :madspit: :wink: :hug: :hug:
[/QUOTE
But...we're a couple...we're in luuuuurve...at least till his Sim self decides to go off and fall for someone else...or flirt with DG and make me bitch-slap him. :lmao:

Elessarian said:

That's like my Pop...my granddaddy. It's actually very very easy to describe Pop. He *is* Andy Taylor from the Andy Griffith show. Pop is much more handsome, of course, but they have the exact same accent and mannerisms, the same calm, kind demeanor. And, even though I *know* you're not supposed to have favorites, I'm Pop's favorite....maybe cuz he was sensitive to how my dad ignored me, but Pop always made up for it. In the last year he's been telling all his friends that I'll be a doctor within the year (yeah right!). I :heart: my Pop.

Southern gentlemen. :heart: :heart:

VintagePunk said:

:hug: I remember reading about the issues with your parents and your brother. Sucks. :mad:

Maybe the best girft we have is the ability to do better with our own kids?

VP I sure hope that when my girls are older they know that they were loved and appreciated. When Mr. Cat and I were dating and he told me he wanted kids, I was like well have a good life...move on, cuz I ain't doing kids. After he met my parents and my brothers he understood why. :giggle: When we decided to get married, which was pretty much on a whim. It was supposed to be for kicks for a few years. Have some hot sex, live together, get me out of my parents place, then eventually move on. Well he finally convinced me after a couple years that he would be a really good father and that it wouldn't be like it was with my parents. He has been amazing and stuck to his word. Mini-cat thinks that Mr. Cat hung the moon. He takes her fishing and spends tons of time with both of the girls. I'm thankful now that we did have kids, so I could learn what it was really like to have someone who loved and cared for you, just because they wanted to.

I think it says alot about my parents that they have 4 kids, two who are drugged addict mentally ill depressed people and two who moved very far away! :lol: My baby brother lives in New Zealand for gosh sakes, that should say something about them. If ya have to leave the country to get away from your family...you have issues! :laugh:

daygloeyes2 said:

I'm totally there with you on that. My dad ignored me to the point that a year after moving out of our house he couldn't identify me in a picture (he thought one of my sister's friends was me). So really what did I have to lose? And yet, the hole is still there. Then when he finally left he thought, quite arrogantly, that we were gonna do the whole blended family thing...that we'd eventually embrace his new wife/girlfriend, get to know her kids, etc. But I showed him!!

And yet, at my bf's wedding, watching her dance with her dad was almost unbearable. Not to mention the fact that everyone paired off. I ended up being "that girl" sitting at the table by myself so stank I could barely see straight getting drunk off champagne. That kind of mean, quiet drunk. The "I'll never forgive you for this bridesmaid's dress and god-awful shoes" kind of drunk. :wink:

Elessarian said:

I'm totally there with you on that. My dad ignored me to the point that a year after moving out of our house he couldn't identify me in a picture (he thought one of my sister's friends was me). So really what did I have to lose? And yet, the hole is still there. Then when he finally left he thought, quite arrogantly, that we were gonna do the whole blended family thing...that we'd eventually embrace his new wife/girlfriend, get to know her kids, etc. But I showed him!!

And yet, at my bf's wedding, watching her dance with her dad was almost unbearable. Not to mention the fact that everyone paired off. I ended up being "that girl" sitting at the table by myself so stank I could barely see straight getting drunk off champagne. That kind of mean, quiet drunk. The "I'll never forgive you for this bridesmaid's dress and god-awful shoes" kind of drunk. :wink:

Awww :hug:

Just to clarify, this is your best friend, not your bisexual girlfriend who you call your boyfriend right? :lol:

dazzledbylight said:

I HOPE she's more OK than NOT!!!! :hug: :hug:

Thanks. :hug: :hug: I appreciate your asking.

When I talked to her earlier, she said her doc thinks she may have fibromyalgia, and is running tests to rule out other stuff.

Everyone's talking about their dads...if anything, i have some mommy issues. :lol: There have been several instances in my life where i felt like my sis (she's 10 years older than me) was my mom...I :heart: adore her...we're very close, and there's a liot if shit (including my divorce) that I might not have made it through, if not for her.

VintagePunk said:

Families have evolved so much since that vision of Leave It to Beaver in the 50's...the nuclear, two-parent family is getting to be an oddity. As long as you have a strong male figure somewhere in your life...one of your mom's relatives, maybe? My guess would be no, you didn't miss anything. Being in psych, I've read a lot about children of divorce and stuff like that...there are some very interesting findings that make me feel very good about my situation.

Oddly enough, I saw a beaver on campus today. No kidding. A beaver. :wink:

Sorry my damn puter hiccuped. Stupid thing. :lol:

I totally agree that we don't have to have the 2 parent thing going on as long as we have good role models in our life. I was lucky when I was younger that there where men from my church who stepped in and had big impacts on my life.

My dad did live with us my whole childhood, but he wasn't really around much for me, emotionally or physically. I told my mother when I was 15 that they should get a divorce already and be done with it. My mom told me when I was 21 that I was way to damn smart for my own good and that she should have listened to me. She served him with divorce papers about 2 years ago, so he cleaned his act up. But he still doesn't bother with me. She claims he is doing so much better, but have I gotten a phone call or a card from him. Um, no! Thank you very much. :evil: :lol:

Russty Cat said:

VP I sure hope that when my girls are older they know that they were loved and appreciated. When Mr. Cat and I were dating and he told me he wanted kids, I was like well have a good life...move on, cuz I ain't doing kids. After he met my parents and my brothers he understood why. :giggle: When we decided to get married, which was pretty much on a whim. It was supposed to be for kicks for a few years. Have some hot sex, live together, get me out of my parents place, then eventually move on. Well he finally convinced me after a couple years that he would be a really good father and that it wouldn't be like it was with my parents. He has been amazing and stuck to his word. Mini-cat thinks that Mr. Cat hung the moon. He takes her fishing and spends tons of time with both of the girls. I'm thankful now that we did have kids, so I could learn what it was really like to have someone who loved and cared for you, just because they wanted to.

I think it says alot about my parents that they have 4 kids, two who are drugged addict mentally ill depressed people and two who moved very far away! :lol: My baby brother lives in New Zealand for gosh sakes, that should say something about them. If ya have to leave the country to get away from your family...you have issues! :laugh:

I never wanted kids. My brother is 13 years older than me, very dysfunctional...and when I was in my early teens, I felt like i'd raised his 3 kids. I also babysat a lot for my sister. Point being, I was anti-child. When I learned that I was pregnant, something really odd happened. I went into this earth-mother mode. I wasn't married (although my ex and i had been dating for 6 years at that point)...I told him I didn't need him, that we'd be fine without him...and to this day, I'm certain we would have been.

Instead, we decided to get married. I can remember planning the wedding, going through the motions, and thinking that all I wanted to do was to crawl off to some quiet place and think about the life my baby and I would have together. I should have trusted my instincts. :| :|

daygloeyes2 said:

Awww :hug:

Just to clarify, this is your best friend, not your bisexual girlfriend who you call your boyfriend right? :lol:

The same bisexual girlfriend boyfriend who I cheated on? Same one indeed. And now her brusband is having a sex change. :lmao:

Speaking of being ladies and gentlemen, I'll never forget my how my great aunt reacted when she found out her son-in-law was having a sex-change. Now imagine, my great aunt makes Emily Post look like a 2 dollar stripper...she is Old School Old South, wealthy, Baptist, you get the picture. When we found out about the gossip from another source, but when my aunt brought it up she calmly and politely said, "Ahem, he would prefer to be called Kim now." Amazing that, even though she was probably shocked to the core, she would not comment on it to close relatives and INSTEAD treat him with respect when he was 2,000 miles away is something. That's class. :wink:

hi russty... simce you & i appear to be here at this momwent...wanted to tell you how sorry i am that you have all these upsetting issues to deal with....has Mr cat started coming home earlier yet?

and I don't know if you said what your illness is and while it's currently incurabe what kind of {shivers] course it may follow, but you can certainly talk to me if you wish here.... just sending you lots of hugs :hug: :hug: :hug:

btw the way i don't knoe if you saw a thread or so bvack

but we {sim house mates} are gonna through our party real soon, sg reperts! :applaud: :applaud:

VintagePunk said:

I never wanted kids. My brother is 13 years older than me, very dysfunctional...and when I was in my early teens, I felt like i'd raised his 3 kids. I also babysat a lot for my sister. Point being, I was anti-child. When I learned that I was pregnant, something really odd happened. I went into this earth-mother mode. I wasn't married (although my ex and i had been dating for 6 years at that point)...I told him I didn't need him, that we'd be fine without him...and to this day, I'm certain we would have been.

Instead, we decided to get married. I can remember planning the wedding, going through the motions, and thinking that all I wanted to do was to crawl off to some quiet place and think about the life my baby and I would have together. I should have trusted my instincts. :| :|

:( :( :hug:

VintagePunk said:

Seriously, and there's no body of water around and lots of heavy construction to boot. It just stood there, blinking. And I stood there, staring back.

Maybe it was an omen....

maybe it has a message for me......

MAYBE it means I'll be pulled onstage in November!!! :hyper:

....or maybe it was a wayward water-dwelling mammal and I am a nutjob. :|

Elessarian said:

Seriously, and there's no body of water around and lots of heavy construction to boot. It just stood there, blinking. And I stood there, staring back.

Maybe it was an omen....

maybe it has a message for me......

MAYBE it means I'll be pulled onstage in November!!! :hyper:

....or maybe it was a wayward water-dwelling mammal and I am a nutjob. :|

That's deep man...real deep. :wink:

Elessarian said:

The same bisexual girlfriend boyfriend who I cheated on? Same one indeed. And now her brusband is having a sex change. :lmao:

Speaking of being ladies and gentlemen, I'll never forget my how my great aunt reacted when she found out her son-in-law was having a sex-change. Now imagine, my great aunt makes Emily Post look like a 2 dollar stripper...she is Old School Old South, wealthy, Baptist, you get the picture. When we found out about the gossip from another source, but when my aunt brought it up she calmly and politely said, "Ahem, he would prefer to be called Kim now." Amazing that, even though she was probably shocked to the core, she would not comment on it to close relatives and INSTEAD treat him with respect when he was 2,000 miles away is something. That's class. :wink:

:lmao:

I SO want to go and drink mint juleps with your family!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom