Pleba Girls: Moving South.......To Chicago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
[Quote:
Originally posted by Dismantled

hey:angry : you can join our screwed up father club:angry :

:mad : :mad : dad:mad :

I meant to put :happy : faces instead of :angry : faces...:lmao : omg...freuidan slip?!!!! talking about dad just makes me type the word angry:lmao : ]

Dis :hug:

can i join the fucked up father club :happy:

mines a he walked out the day bfore my 7th birthday , kept in contact with me til i was about 9, then i saw him at his fathers funeral when i was 10, but not seen him since! his wife used to write my birthday cards :|

now hes decided he wants to see me, hes 11 years too late :angry::madspit:

i have a rejection complex cause of him :| :madspit:

Last edited:
daygloeyes2 said:
Awww Jem :hug:

I guess you've all gotten an insight as to why I'm so screwed up: my parents. :|

:hug:

i get what you mean in a way DG:hug:

the way my dad treated me didnt hit me until i was like 17 and i really messed up my A S -levels (exams we take here at 16/17 (BG is doing those now) and iwas so seriously up and down since then, still am now

if you ever need to talk you know my IM and email :hug:! honest to god my father has a lot to answer for :madspit:

bonoishot said:

:hug:

i get what you mean in a way DG:hug:

the way my dad treated me didnt hit me until i was like 17 and i really messed up my A S -levels (exams we take here at 16/17 (BG is doing those now) and iwas so seriously up and down since then, still am now

if you ever need to talk you know my IM and email :hug:! honest to god my father has a lot to answer for :madspit:

I blocked alot of the stuff out that my mom did to me, but whenever we fight all the bad memories pop up from when she used to hurt me when I was younger. :|

I'm so sorry he messed you up. And same here if you ever want to talk you know where to find me. :hug: :heart:

DG and BG, my mom was emotionally and verbally abusive to me.
So much that I always wanted to grow up and move far, far away. (Turns out I did, 200 miles)
My dad never took sides. It has put a strain on my relationship with him. My mom and I don't really have a relationship, she calls and I don't answer.
My dad has just recently figured out how I felt growing up, now that he is retired and at home all the time.
Its too late for me to work things out with her. Truth is, I just don't give a shit.
I tell people all the time that when my dad is too old to care for himself, I will take him into my own home. My mom, she gets carted off to the cheapest, most remote, run-down county facility I can find.
I'm not happy about the fact that I don't really have a mom.
Luckily, Mr GG's mom is a wonderful woman who treats me like the daughter she always wanted. She has filled the gap since I was 15.
I hope you both use this experience to make yourselves strong women like I did. I'm not saying hate you parents, though.
I'm just saying that stages like this in your life make you who you are in the future. I hope you make the right choices.

OK, I really have to start my homework now. :crazy: I probably won't be back. :( Talk to you all tomorrow. :hug:

Wild and Jem, if I don't talk to you tomorrow have an awesome time in Toronto and Chicago and happy early birthday to both of you! :hug: :heart: Give B a kiss for me. :wink:

daygloeyes2 said:
OK, I really have to start my homework now. :crazy: I probably won't be back. :( Talk to you all tomorrow. :hug:

Wild and Jem, if I don't talk to you tomorrow have an awesome time in Toronto and Chicago and happy early birthday to both of you! :hug: :heart: Give B a kiss for me. :wink:

Thanks DG :hug:

:grumpy: I want to give Bono more than a kiss from you :shifty:

Extra :hug:s to you all esp with either parent problems of the {whichever kind of} abusiveness kind.

My dad started to really become emotionally/verbally
abusive after his 2nd depression, though he had been occasioanly when i was very young as well.

Even though he went to therapy several times- he never told any therapist except the last one that BOTH of his parents were severe alcoholics!! :yikes:
Who knows what stuff he went through, never got clear up/concious of to start to diminish effects etc

After his last major depression in 90's he got even worst and has threatened to hit me several times.....which I managed to talk him out of it.....
But again also more demanding nasty etc.....He just was not often good to be around any more and he drove people away.

I'd visit him in the nursing home and at least occasionally it would be a nice visit.
After he had his major stroke {? 3 yrs ago} he lost almost all his nastiness, but also a lot of the good quailites....it's I think alot tied up with quite serious short term memory problems.

SO for past 3 yrs he's usually on the quieter side , and quite sweet {which he also used to be before the nastier emotioned reigned}.

So he's gotten more hugs & kisses from me in the past 3 yrs than the previous 20! He still retains a pretty good amount of cogency that gets messed up because of how quickly his memory blinks out.... every 4 - 1 min.

He was esp before the 2nd depression an often caring, fun, interested in all manner of things around him....Nature, Science, Music, Architecute { Lighting Engineer & salesman}....politics and community work.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom