PLEBA girls...I need your help(off topic)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.Clayton

Refugee
I posted something like this in Zoo Confessionals, but I think I can reach more of my "target audience" here....
What do PLEBA girls use (product-wise) on their pretty faces? I think I've been using the wrong stuff for too long, and I need a change.

To wash:
any of these (depending on what is handy)
Noxzema
Cetaphil (liquid)
St.Ives Apricot Foaming Wash
Ponds Cold Creme

For moisturizer:
Some weird vitamin C stuff from Revlon

Make up:
Cover girl, Almay, and Maybelline.

What I want to know is.......I never use the spiffy expensive stuff from the mall (or even the expensive stuff from the drugstore), so if you use that stuff, is it worth it?
I just about whipped out the credit card at origins.com this afternoon, but I thought I'd ask my "friends" online.
Oh, and what do you use when you breakout?
Thanks!
Mrs.Clayton

[This message has been edited by Mrs.Clayton (edited 04-09-2002).]

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:

Oh, and what do you use when you breakout?

[This message has been edited by Mrs.Clayton (edited 04-09-2002).]

anything and everything. funny i was just rubbing clinique on my face when i read this. i am one who buys the expensive stuff along with the cheap stuff. i am currently using Clarians morning and evening cream, mask and moisturizer and I also go between Origins night cream for my face and but use on a daily basis Clinique soap. Make up: i use Estee Lauder eyeliner, Estee Lauder and Mac lipstick and Estee Lauder facial powder. The reason i use the expensive brands is because it is only at those makeup counters that i can find people who can tell me what i need to use instead of me wasting my money on buying random stuff that i am not sure will work and besides, i love to spoil myself.
wink.gif

Good point, i definately need someone to tell me what to use. Hmm, maybe i should save up my money and go for the expensive stuff instead of buying the arsenal of crap that i have now, lol!!
I like an oatmeal/honey wash for my face, or this cocoa butter wash that i found.
Um, i'll check and see what i have and get back to ya tomorrow.
smile.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

What bothers me most.........
when you wash your face (even with "gentle" cleansers) and afterwards it feels like oil-less, thin flaky, skin. I don't get it. I use Cetaphil and my skin gets tight. Then I put on some sort of moisturizer, and it feels better, for awhile.
One day my skin will be dry, then I'll break out like a teenager...
I just don't get it.
Thanks everyone for your info so far...

I use a combination of both drugstore stuff and others...

For breakouts, I strongly recommend Kiehl's Blue Astringent Herbal Lotion. It is about 12.00. you only use it on the areas that are broken out, not the whole face.
1-800-kiehls-1 ( 1 800 543 4571). They might have a website, I'm not sure. They're easy to find in big cities in the US but not so easy in small towns.

I also like Loreal's nighttime cream. You can get it at Target or wherever.

Good Luck!

I forgot, for cleanser I like Lancome's Milky Cleanser. I'm not a big Lancome fan but I love that stuff.

Okay that's all for now..........

Mrs Clayton, like I said in my reply to your thread in Zoo Confessionals : Maybe you are using too many products that are overdrying your skin, so your skin gets the message that it doesn't have enough moisture so it produces too much oil, hence you get break outs. The same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Usually I have one or two pimple per month (damn period
mad.gif
sorry) but a couple of weeks ago I started using more creams that claimed to erase scars left by acne. These creams over dried my skin and I started to break out, then I was using stuff on them to dry them and putting too much of it and I got even more pimples. But then I stopped doing all of this, and only washing my face once a day, and it completely stop. All the products that I bought, Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash, Neutrogena Deep Cream Cleanser, Neutrogena Patches, Neutrogena Night Treatment gel did not do anything. The only thing that works but should be use in moderation was Clinique Acne Concealer or something like that.

So try washing your face less often. And here are the products that I use :

• Cetaphil Cleanser
  • Oil of Olay Oil Free Moisturizer
  • Clinique Acne Concealer

Im sorry if this is a long post but I hope I helped you !Trust me, I know how it feels to feel insecure about this.

------------------
"I can resist everything except temptation."
Oscar Wilde

I only use water to wash my face, but then again, I don?t use make-up. I might put it on once or twice a year, but I really don?t like it.

I use some moisterizer like nivea which I put on after I wash my face, but that?s it.

------------------
I'm a bass player. That's a "singer" question. Lord Adam Clayton

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

I also use a combo of expensive/drug store products but this is what I have found works best for my dry skin:

Clinique 3-step cleansing products (avoid Dramatically Different lotion during breakouts)
For super dryness, Clinique Moisture Surge is great
Origins cleansers and moisturizers (my favorites)
ROC 24 hour moisturizer
Loreal Visible results (I'm using now, works GREAT)
Prescriptives foundation (expensive but worth it)
Chanel foundation (super expensive but also worth it)
Victoria's Secret foundation (not too expensive, beautiful coverage)

When I break out, I switch to the Clinique products and a lighter foundation, ususually the Prescriptives. Origins are probably the most worth spending a little more on. They work really well, they smell SO good and they sell most of their products in recyclable packaging
biggrin.gif

Oh, this is definitely my forte! My friend Suzanne says that after she's around me she always wants to go out and by skin/beauty products
biggrin.gif
and my roommate says that I could open a shop with all the beauty products I have. I think that's embellishing things just a bit...

I am a HUGE fan of ORIGINS!
There is not one in my town, so when I'm in Birmingham, I usually stop in. All of the sales people know me by name & I don't even live there!
biggrin.gif

~ I use their Checks & Balances to wash my face. It's so creamy and makes such bubbly, frothy, lather! My skin always feels perfectly balanced ( hence the name ) after using it.
~ I use Origins Look Alive cream day & night. It smells sooooo good & it's not heavy.
~ For an intensive night-time anti-aging, miracle-working, mosturizing serum- folks it just doesn't get any better than
A Perfect World.
You must try it to see what I mean.

(* hint: you can try samples of most anything at an Origins store as they usually have a sink and disposable applicators. I like places where you can play around with the stuff first! )

*thinking maybe Origins owe me some commission*

If you're running low on cash but need a gentle face cleanser, try Johnson & Johnson's Baby Bath. It's cheap & it works.

I have very sensitive & very fair skin, so I have to be careful. I very rarely break out if at all. People are always stopping me & tell me what beautiful skin I have, so I guess I must be doing something right.
At least in that area
biggrin.gif

Hope I've helped!

------------------
"... move on this moment... follow this feeling"
~* PLEBA-girl powers: ELEVATE!!! *~
** Official Minister of Swagger for L.E.A.T.H.E.R. **
I THINK, THEREFORE, U2

Back
Top Bottom