PLEBA girls/guys party-getting ready for a Boston invasion!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bri :hug: Thats so sad. :sad: It's always strange to hear that someone you went to school with died; especially the first few when you're just in college ... it's humbling to realize how vulnerable and human we all are

:combust:
9156-6.jpg

:combust:

^ :hug: Still here. Just reminiscing....

Sad_Girl said:
Bri :hug: Thats so sad. :sad: It's always strange to hear that someone you went to school with died; especially the first few when you're just in college ... it's humbling to realize how vulnerable and human we all are

:yes: :(
And I can't help wondering why he did it...

And sadly, he's not the first classmate of mine to die so young. There was this one really sweet girl in highschool, who suddenly (she'd fought, successfully,it for years) was taken by brain cancer. And a boy back in grade 8 who had a brain anuerism (sp?) in the night.
:sad:

Aren't I miss cheerful...:happy:

Last edited:
BG is right- myspace is so addicting!!! I've gotten 2 pages of my psych read :|

but I got a really funny Long Island thing that I had to show Diane! I'll have to point her back here later but I'll forget to post it if I wait till she's on :wink:

Last edited:
~BrightestStar~ said:

Mmmmmmm........that's a whole lotta good. :wink: :drool:

*Is it terribly inappropriate to be sappy and teary eyed one second, and drooling quite happily the next? :reject: :lol:

Thanks SG :hug:

Not at all. :hug: Just means you're human :)

Hi Jo :wave: I'm alright; how are you tonight?

Heh heh - Sami :shifty:

It's interesting to see those 'you know you're from...' things from other places; when you know the ones from your area are so true that they're funny :lol:

You Know You're From Northern Michigan When...

Track season starts with indoor meets and the first three outdoor meets are cancelled because it's just too cold.

All the rest of the schools in the state are cancelled because of the snow or cold, but the buses are still running on time at home.

Most people drive a 4-wheel drive truck.

An ice-scraper is necessary equipment for traveling anywhere September- April.

You spend your summer building deer stands.

Everyone in your school thinks that deer season should be considered a national holiday.

People sit in deerstands for hours on end in -20 weather just for the thrill of shooting a deer.

You get excited when you hear "Da Tirdy Point Buck" "Second Week of Deer Camp" and "Da Fourdy Pound Croppie" on the radio.

Everybody gets together in the spring and goes mudding.

Your hometown has more gas stations than stores in the mall(if there even is a mall).

You have more than one wild-life animal mounted in your home.

Baseball players need a hat and mittens when the season starts.

Going to "The Cities" is a big deal.

Shopping MUST be done out-of-town.

Your house runs on the heat of a wood stove.

You feed the wild-life that lives in your yard.

You own a snowmobile, 4-wheeler, and a jet-ski to cover all conditions.

The only "gym" there is to work out at is the one at the local high school.

Your car is always dirty from driving on all the dirt roads.

It takes 2 hours to get to anywhere worth going.

The only thing to do on a Friday or Saturday night is to have a bonfire or rent movies with friends.

You don't call a foot of snow falling overnight a state of emergency; you call it Wednesday.

You have combination bait, tackle and gift shops.

The majority of the parties you've attended in your life had one corner of the room set aside for people playing euchre.

People walk into banks wearing ski masks, and no one gets excited.

You can tell a person is a 'fudgie' regardless of whether they have fudge in their possion.

Sitting for hours on a frozen lake in front of a hole in the ice is an activity you look forward to for months.

On your weekend trips on I-75, both Friday on the way out and Sunday on the way back, you're in the fast moving lane, looking across the median at the bumper-to-bumper crawl.

You regularly drive on roads that have never been paved, and probably never will be.

You know every person you graduated from high school with.

You've helped push the vehicle of someone you've never met before out of a snowbank.

Your town has a curfew whistle.

When you think of a 'pasty,' you think of something to eat, not something a stripper would wear.

You tap-tap your feet to knock of the snow before you get into your car

You see the annual snowbird migration to the south

You put cherries in everything you eat

You can get to another town through the woods

You put plastic on your windows

You work your own hours, eat venison and fish regularly

You drive to Grand Rapids to catch a plane because it's half the price

Tourists make you late all summer but snow doesn't slow you down at all

Every restaurant menu: steak & whitefish, steak & whitefish, steak & whitefish...

You can greet every store or gas station counterperson by their first name

You keep a broom in your car to clear your windows.

It's completely understandable to have an umbrella, snow shovel and swimsuit in your vehicle all on the same day.

You don't get a glass for your beer.

Da Yoopers are your wedding band.

At least 1 member of your family disowns you the week of the Michigan/Michigan State game.

Half the change in your pocket is Canadian... eh!

You drive 86 mph on the highway and pass on the right.

Last edited:
Hello, I'm fine ... nervous about traveling to Boston this weekend ....

could someone PM me DG's e-mail address if they have it? I don't think she knows I'm going to Sunday's show, and I'd like to tell her I'll be in town ...

Edit: SG, the last three of the items on your "You know you're from Northern Michigan when ..." list also could be said of we Detroiters. :wink:

(Plus, I almost always travel with an ice scraper in my car, and I've attended many parties which have Eucher games being played off in the corner.)

Last edited:
Sad_Girl said:

It's interesting to see those 'you know you're from...' things from other places; when you know the ones from your area are so true that they're funny :lol:

At least 1 member of your family disowns you the week of the Michigan/Michigan State game.

Half the change in your pocket is Canadian... eh!

You drive 86 mph on the highway and pass on the right.

:giggle: A couple of the other ones would make the "You Know You're From Northwestern Ontario When..." list :wink: And the one about I-75 *snerk* (Mind you, I've only gone south on that highway ;))

Sad_Girl said:
Heh heh - Sami :shifty:

:laugh:
I love these things!
They are always interesting and amusing. Somewhere I still have a "you know you're from Ikeaville when..." and it cracks me up everytime, it's soooo remarkably accurate. :lol:

Hey Jo! :hug:

sami0201 said:
:lol: SG, I guess you read some of mine :wink:

it is funny because it's all so true! and from the looks of yours it looks like Long Island is almost opposite from Michigan! :laugh:

Yeah; I was thinking that - thats what made me post them - :lol:

~BrightestStar~ said:

:laugh:
I love these things!
They are always interesting and amusing. Somewhere I still have a "you know you're from Ikeaville when..." and it cracks me up everytime, it's soooo remarkably accurate. :lol:

Hey Jo! :hug:

Hey Bri! :hug:

I think I once posted some sort of you-know-you're-from-Michigan list to Pleba ...

How about a "you know you post to Pleba when" list? :giggle:

Back
Top Bottom