PLEBA girls and their families

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
See guys! This i the man is called "Chespirito"!
r1a002.jpg

I do think a comparisson pic with our B-man is not needed but I'll post one to compensate this post
biggrin.gif

elev_230301_bono.jpg

AHHHHHHH! Now that's better!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Another Member of the S.E.G.

*Scottphisto's Wardrobe Technician*

...I can't change the world but I can change the world in me..

My sister thinks I am very funny, went to Dublin with me last year, and to 3 of my 7 shows this year. (also to 2 popmart shows, so she is quite a trooper). Since U2 NEVER plays near me this always involves travel!
wink.gif

My parents continue to roll their eyes, but they have been rolling them for 20 years now, and I think they admire my consistency.

My husband is very tolerant, particularly on the Bono thing - he's a fan, and went to several shows with me, but thinks I am a bit ridiculous, particularly for someone my age (and he's probably right
biggrin.gif
)

My kids love 'em. Yesterday my daugher (who is 2) says "Bootiful Day", so I play it in the car, and she says "Bootiful Day again" so I play it again, and again.... you get the picture. No offense, but I'm sick of Bootiful Day. hehe Every time they appear on TV even for a second my son points it out to me. And now they are using the snippet from UTEOTW behind the NFL ads, he points that out as well. (I hope I'm not warping them)

Peace

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Originally posted by Crzy4Bono:
My sister thinks I am very funny, went to Dublin with me last year, and to 3 of my 7 shows this year. (also to 2 popmart shows, so she is quite a trooper). Since U2 NEVER plays near me this always involves travel!
wink.gif

My parents continue to roll their eyes, but they have been rolling them for 20 years now, and I think they admire my consistency.

My husband is very tolerant, particularly on the Bono thing - he's a fan, and went to several shows with me, but thinks I am a bit ridiculous, particularly for someone my age (and he's probably right
biggrin.gif
)

My kids love 'em. Yesterday my daugher (who is 2) says "Bootiful Day", so I play it in the car, and she says "Bootiful Day again" so I play it again, and again.... you get the picture. No offense, but I'm sick of Bootiful Day. hehe Every time they appear on TV even for a second my son points it out to me. And now they are using the snippet from UTEOTW behind the NFL ads, he points that out as well. (I hope I'm not warping them)

Peace

see now I could have written this
wink.gif

Originally posted by icelady:
see now I could have written this
wink.gif

hahahaha
It's Official - all 40 year old chicks could write the same thing.
(oops wrong forum)

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

My mom and dad know I'm obsessed and accept it. Heck, they occasionally feed my obsession, like buying the Boston Elevation video for Christmas, pointing out U2 items in the news, etc.

My sister has seen the light and is a fan (though not to the depth that I am). She enjoys the music and the videos (ie R&H, Elevation, etc). She puts up with it because I put up with her David Gray obsession (here's a fun analogy for you Jessica is to Bono as Sarah is to David Gray).

My friends and coworkers tease me relentlessly (could the U2 shrine in my office be the cause of that?).

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

Originally posted by Ana:
WTF?!?!?!?! *THUD*

mad.gif
Oh my God that man is way too older and ugly!!!!
How can your dad say such a blasphemy?
rolleyes.gif

BTW: De donde eres Fatima?

Hola Ana.. Naci en Mexico pero he vivido en Texas for the last 17 years (and you can tell that by how i mix up english and spanish.
wink.gif

Oh, and the Chespirito thing..my dad says it to annoy me.. i think it is a blasphemy to mention Bono and Chespitito in the same sentence...
wink.gif

umm. i guess i'll add a quote.

"Interviewer: "Do you consider yourself a good dancer, Bono?"
Bono: "I dance much better horizontally than vertically."

My mom was actually the one who got me started on U2 when I was pretty little! My boyfriend hates Bono...I think he's just jealous. But, I got my friend Erin into U2. She's not as bad as me though! he he he.

~#1bonobabe http://u2_inspire.tripod.com/

I've loved reading all of your stories... I find myself relating to quite a few of them.
*deep breath* Here's the run down:

I started liking U2 when I was 8 or 9 after seeing the SBS & NYD videos and then TUF came out. I went HARDCORE U2 when JT was released. My older cousin ( he's like a big bro to me ) was in college & really into JT and he just added fuel to my fire. He saw them on the JT tour ( I couldn't go because of a STUPID PAGEANT I had to be in at school), but he told me how awesome it was & after that we would always " talk U2" ... we still do! He eventually gave me his JT shirt and his R&H baseball cap
smile.gif
cause he knew it would mean alot to me.

Almost all of my family knows of my deep & abiding love for Bono & U2. My Mom has really grown to like Bono over the years... she thinks he is sooooo good-looking & she loves his voice! She & my Aunt really began to see him in a new light upon hearing the Sinatra duet & Can't Help Falling In Love (my aunt is an Elvis freak). My Dad takes advantage of any opportunity to make fun of my love for U2. Anytime they're on the TV, he pretends to faint while calling out, "Oh, Bono! Oh, Bono! Oh, U2!" Yeah... he's real funny. When I'm in his car & I ask if I can play a CD, he says, "Oh, NO! Not U2!"... but he lets me anyway. He just likes to push my buttons. He did like the Sinatra duet, though- "Not bad, kid!"
My Mom will watch U2 stuff with me & she wants a copy of ATYCLB- she knows BD, SIAM, ELEVATION, Walk On, & Wild Honey. She brings me the USA Today from her office if there's a picture or article, too! ( What a sweetie! We're VERY close! )

I've recruited various friends & co-workers over the years & they all know how I am. Currently, my roommate is really getting into them after I took her to the Atlanta show in Nov. She said it was unlike any concert she'd ever been to. For Christmas, (some of you know this)she gave me two little crabs as pets which I named Rattle & Hum...but they died
frown.gif
so, she gave me 2 more... they're Rattle & Hum 2.

Lastly, I've adopted a little sister who needs a big sis & I've turned her into a U2 fan! She's 6 yrs old & begs to hear ATYCLB every time I pick her up. Actually, she always wants to hear "Kite", but she calls it "Who's to say widow-widow" & she knows all the words! She also knows BD, SIAM, Elevation, Walk On, IALW, & Wild Honey. She knows who all of the band are & can name them... but sometimes, she forgets Adam
frown.gif
When I ask her who the BEST ROCK N ROLL BAND IN THE WORLD is, she always says "U2!" I told her that when she's older I'll take her to a concert. I think that's mostly it
smile.gif

------------------
"I watched it for a little while... I love to watch things on TV"
~* PLEBA-girl powers: ELEVATE!!! *~

[This message has been edited by Julyfly (edited 01-11-2002).]

My family dont LOVE u2 as much as me...but i can get my little brother and sister to sing desire with me in the car and we have even progressed now, we can sing the strat of desire, walk on, NYD, discotheque all together! its great...

I got my wee daddy into u2 , he knows all their names now
biggrin.gif
and aaw today he photocopied me u2 stories from different newspapers, when we went to dublin about 2 weeks ago me and him went on a "tour of Lord Bono", he buys me u2 cd's, posters, concert tickets, i have him well trained
biggrin.gif

My mum said Bono is too old for me and he isnt a good influence on me, but then i told her i havent fought with her in AGES now all thanks to Bono and the boys....im now an angel....so she took back what she said
smile.gif

My friends dont like u2....today in french my eacher asked me if i could meet anyone who would i meet...and everyone laughed and said really sir we all know who SHE wants to meet....he just thought i was strnage and didnt ask me..

Well i know one girl who likes them and today we were talking about pop and then we sang a wee bit of Discotheque....I sang the wee guitar bit in it and she pretended to be THE Edge..but then all these ppl in the study hall looked at us...hehe they all say im obsessed but im not really......
smile.gif

Oh and this guy i know is learning how to play WOWY on the guitar for me aaw
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by bono-vox (edited 01-11-2002).]

Whole family knows about my U2 obssession...

When Bono or U2 is on tv this is what happens at the house:

Mom: "Melissa put it on 30 there's U2"
Sister: comes downstairs "On 30 there's a U2 video"
Grandmother:"I saw your beautiful Bono on TV before"
Dad:" I saw Bono on TV the other day and I heard about this constest on the radio"
Cousin calls:"You know there this special about U2 on Much Music this weekend?"

So it's pretty pathetic...

My parents know that my obssession is in certain ways "unhealthy"...

During PopMart I was so hyper about the show I wanted to go catch a movie with one of my friends and my parents told me:

"You are not taking the car, you are way to hyper active, you are going to get into an accident"...

That was very funny... (I was 17... they still had some control over me back then)

But they've been pretty cool on a couple occasions. My dad brought me down to East Rutherford to see U2 (PopMart) and he called up an old friend so that I could see how they put up the stage in the Olympic Stadium (PopMart also).

They are mostly scared that my dreams will be crushed like when I wanted to go onstage with Bono. I showed my mom, a sign I made (which has ripped away by bodyguards) that read:"Won't you wrap the night around me?". I told my mom:"This is for when I'm going to be onstage!"

She just said:"Melissa... You're only a number to them... a money sign".

I sure showed her!
wink.gif

When I called her after going onstage, she thought I was joking.

When my parents asked me what happened with Bono I just went:"... well... he took my rose... brought me onstage... you know... that's about it"...
Mom:"Did you dance with him?"
Me:"Dance... yes... we "danced" "

When the video came along they watched it I was like:"See he pulled me over him... I didn't attack him... nope..." then when moaning started I just kept talking louder:"Yeah, so that's what happened... it was pretty funny... "

Then my dad said:"I don't know why he did that... I'm sure you would of prefered a slow dance"...

I just looked at him and said:"Yeah... that would be been better" *NOT*

So people around me have kind of accepted my obssession... and they help me collect items n' stuff... Never had any bad comments.... even my unkle said:"I saw Bono on CNN last night, he's a very good guy, he does a lot for the poor countries".

smile.gif

------------------
"Forgive me Father!"- Bono on May 28th after rolling around with me :)

One of my brothers is just as BIG U2 fan as I am! We are only 2 years apart and our music taste are similar! The rest of my family
icon28.gif

Anywho, I love my bro cause we do crazy stuff for U2. We went at midnight when the album came out to get it. We went insane trying to get tickets for all the Elevation shows. LOL We can listen to U2 24/7 and don't get tired of it! LOL We can watch U2 videos and stuff non stop too! HA! We annoy the hell out of my family.... he's always getting old collectibles of U2... He buys me an extra copy of any mad U2 has been on!! He plays U2 songs non stop on guitar... And I think I'm the only person who listening to his guitar playing! LOL

My other bro, got into U2 thanks to us. He saw them on concert this year twice, which surprise me. And he even has some CD's! WOW! But still doesn't really care much for them! :/

My mom, tolerates my obsession! :/

My sister thinks they are all ugly and can't stand them!
icon15.gif

My big bro just
icon25.gif
at the mention of U2! Damn him!

But my little nephew who's like 7... uh.. loves them! And know who they are! *muahahaha* And my 14 month old niece LOVES giving them kisses (on a poster I have in my room) LOL Only them too, my sister hates me for that!
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom