Pleba Girls (and Guy(s)) Party - Hawaiian Dreams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad_Girl said:
I Loooove Toby :drool: :shifty: I would love Toby even with the TV on Mute, though :sexywink:

I don't know what it is about him, he just rubs me the wrong way, I guess. :huh: :lol: That said, Burning Down the House was probably the best performance i've seen from him. :yes: I just don't think he's the right fit for the band.

And Ryan. HATE. :lol:

I think my top three are - Dilana (of course :love: :drool: :lol: ) and then Lukas, and then a distant 3rd, Magni.

:lol: and my favorites are Storm, Toby and Ryan :lmao:

I think Dilana's great too but just don't have a strong urge to root for her for whatever reason - maybe because I know she'll do well with her own career outside of this

Magni does absolutely nothing for me :lol: he's totally bland imo

Zayera or whatever her name is however just drives me so nuts! :madwife: Josh should not have gone before her! :grumpy:

Sad_Girl said:
:lol: and my favorites are Storm, Toby and Ryan :lmao:

I think Dilana's great too but just don't have a strong urge to root for her for whatever reason - maybe because I know she'll do well with her own career outside of this

Magni does absolutely nothing for me :lol: he's totally bland imo

Zayera or whatever her name is however just drives me so nuts! :madwife: Josh should not have gone before her! :grumpy:

I think we may actually agree about more than meets the eye. :wink:

Over the past few weeks, i've grown to believe that Storm is phenomenally talented, and a great person to boot! :drool: I just don't think she's right for the band. I think she'll do better on with her own band, having the exposure. And until Dolphins Cry, Magni bored the crap out of me, too. He's a great singer technically, just nothing exceptional about him. I really liked Phil's voice, as well...liked him a LOT! Again though, clearly wrong for the band. Zayra, Sarah power-voted for her for over an hour last week. :lol: She's not the best singer, but she goes out and gives it her all...lots of heart and creativity. And her arrangement of Jenny/867-5309?? OMG, that was magic, IMO, completely mesmerizing! Toby is just kinda meh, inconsistent (to me) performance-wise, and annoying otherwise. And Ryan to me is a big fat jerk that I will never like no matter what. Irrational hatred. :lol:

I'm making a good friend of mine a CD for her birthday, and I'd love to hear what you think of what I have so far. This is in alphabetical order, and not including any U2, because I haven't figured out which ones I want.

Sakuranbo - Ai Otsuka
Wake Up - The Arcade Fire
California Girls - The Beach Boys
Here Comes the Sun - The Beatles
Livin' On a Prayer - Bon Jovi
Girl All The Bad Guys Want - Bowling for Soup
Breathless - The Corrs
Kiss My Irish Ass - Flogging Molly
Imagine - John Lennon
I Predict A Riot - Kaiser Chiefs
Doo Wop - Lauren Hill
You're The One That I Want - Grease Soundtrack
Ruby Blue - Roisin Murphy
Ice Cream - Sarah McLaughlan
My Number - Tegan and Sara

All of these songs remind me of her in some way or another, or are ones I want her to listen to. Any other suggestions that might be good?

Oh, and by the way, she doesn't know a lot of bands, singers, etc. so I'm hoping to find stuff that she'll enjoy. :) She loves pretty much every genre except country.

That sounds awesome, Thora, how thoughtful!! :love: I'd be sooo touched if someone did that for me! I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't heard of several artists you've listed, but the ones you have, I love. :)

I've just about nodded off on the keyboard twice now - so I think I'll have to save the rest of the rockstar discussion for another day :wink:

:yawn: Goodnight, Ladies! :hug:

(BTW, I do the same thing voting over and over again :wink: )

Thanks VP! :hug: She's one of my best friends, and I thought it would be a fun project for me to do. It's funny, she was over at my house tonight, and we were talking about music. She mentioned offhand that she thinks someone making a CD is a great present. I was already planning on doing this for her, but am glad she thinks it's a good idea. I didn't say anything, but I hope she'll like it! I'm going to make up a little booklet too, to give her an idea of the songs, etc.

Night SG :hug:

Thora, it sounds like the gift will already be a hit. :)

Drea, the only song by Spirit of the West that I know (I think) is If Venice is Sinking...I love it though. :love:

ETA - duh, I know Home For a Rest.

Drea said:
Good luck picking only a few U2 songs to put on it :giggle:

I could suggest a few others, but you probably won't have heard of them :lol:

She does know U2, so I'm gonna go with a few rarities. :lol: She won't know those ones.

I'm up for any suggestions, I'd love to hear them! :)

VintagePunk said:

Drea, the only song by Spirit of the West that I know (I think) is If Venice is Sinking...I love it though. :love:

ETA - duh, I know Home For a Rest.

Ooooh.. Venice Is Sinking would be good too :up:

ThoraSEB said:

She does know U2, so I'm gonna go with a few rarities. :lol: She won't know those ones.

I'm up for any suggestions, I'd love to hear them! :)

Never mind, they're all basically indie/little known bands and you probably won't find them even on Itunes :wink:

Whiny post ahead, read at your own risk. :wink:

[whine] I know part of the reason I've been in a grumpy mood. It's because of him (surprise :happy: :| )

You all know the history, since I tend to ramble about it incessantly. :rolleyes: That after a long period of not seeing him, I saw him a few weeks ago...then he called to say hi, but we couldn't see each other that night, sooo...

A few days later, for some inexplicable reason, I woke up feeling extremely hostile toward him. Then i went away for the weekend (last weekend)...when I got home, there were a couple of messages on my voice mail from him. I didn't respond. Since then, this week, he's called twice - one of the times was earlier tonight. I haven't answered or returned any calls.

I'm SO sick of this back and forth, and of me acting like psycho chick who can't make up her mind, so that's why I haven't been answering. I HATE that he has this power over me. Why can't I just say fuck you, and be done with it? Arrrgh. :madwife:

[/whine]

Indie bands are great! :up: No worries though. :D

A couple of people I went to school with were in a small band back then, but now they're huge, which is kinda cool. I was in a few classes with a few of them, so that's fun.

ThoraSEB said:
Indie bands are great! :up: No worries though. :D

A couple of people I went to school with were in a small band back then, but now they're huge, which is kinda cool. I was in a few classes with a few of them, so that's fun.

Just please don't say that band is Three Days Grace or I'll have to scream in HORROR... :lol: Because I have a LOATHING of that band from a tribute weekend they played here :wink:

Drea said:

Just please don't say that band is Three Days Grace or I'll have to scream in HORROR... :lol: Because I have a LOATHING of that band from a tribute weekend they played here :wink:

:lol: Nope, the band is Stabilo. They were known as Stabilo Boss when we were still in school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom