PLEBA Convention in Chicago - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mirrorball Girl

Refugee
Okay, it's time for another thread, as the other one is large enough to annoy people with slow modems and/or (in my case) computers.
smile.gif

It feels like I should have something exciting to share to inaugurate the new thread, but sadly I do not.
tongue.gif

Here's what we know: the dates will be the weekend of July 26th, 27th, and 28th. (That's a Friday-Sunday)

Anyone who is interested who hasn't yet posted their e-mail address in the other thread (and whose e-mail address is not in their profile) should post it here.

So ... time for the mad plannin' to begin!

------------------
"Adam's in his world, lost to the music. You've probably never seen a happier person in your life."
~BP Fallon

"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
~Andrew Jackson

~~S&C~~

I think I forgot my email thing
splutti@cs.com
I am SO there

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"It never ceases to amaze me. Here, we have a man who claims professes to enjoy flower arranging, has no qualms over donning a skirt at any given time and, now we learn, prefers to use the ladies' restroom. And yet somehow he manages to embody all that is masculine and sexy. I don't know how he does it. " ~Gina, on Adam
Gina: WOOHOO!

By the way, guys, here's a good site to look for hotels:
http://www.chicago.il.org/HOTELS.HTM

------------------
"Adam's in his world, lost to the music. You've probably never seen a happier person in your life."
~BP Fallon

~Andrew Jackson

~~S&C~~

Originally posted by Kristie:
I think I forgot my email thing
splutti@cs.com
I am SO there

SUPER YAY!!! I'm so CRAZY HAPPY my twin is coming!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
~ALOTWU~

"Lines in the sand...I don't know about that shit."
-Adam

Love is a promise, love is a souvenir, once given never forgotten, never let it disappear

*HOE DOWN*

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
SUPER YAY!!! I'm so CRAZY HAPPY my twin is coming!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

*crosses fingers* I hope ttb can come too!

email: lillyu2@hotmail.com

------------------
"Why do you have to be such a smart ass?" -my mom

This sounds like the beginning of a joke, but:
How many PLEBANS do you think can fit into one hotel room?
The reason i'm asking is cuz we could all save a lot of money if we just crammed each other into the rooms, instead of each of us getting our own! LOL!
biggrin.gif

Besides, itd be a lot more fun (scary, but fun), and we could all cause way more chaos this way!
eek.gif

To avoid preferences though, we should all just like take a number or something.
wink.gif

Plus, we'd get aquainted with others we dont normally "hang out" with on the forum and chat.
smile.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

[This message has been edited by Miss MacPhisto (edited 04-10-2002).]

Originally posted by Miss MacPhisto:
Of course you did! We plebans are on the same wavelength, we're psychically in touch with each other!!!
tongue.gif

I caught your conversation, even though i wasnt there!
eek.gif

UNIBRAIN!!

------------------
~BP Fallon

~Andrew Jackson

~~S&C~~

Okay I checked out the hotel site, but Chicago is a big town, I just don't want to end up in a bad area of town.

Anyone in the know: would it be best to stay near the airport, or what's a good, affordable area to be in.

I think if we choose an area/hotel we could make arrangements like rooming, etc..

------------------
Daisy
Love is a temple
Love's a higher law

AIM: daisyone75

Here's mine:

U2Julyfly@aol.com

This sounds like so much fun!
I hope Chicago is prepared for all of us PLEBAns
biggrin.gif

------------------
"... move on this moment... follow this feeling"
~* PLEBA-girl powers: ELEVATE!!! *~
** Official Minister of Swagger for L.E.A.T.H.E.R. **
I THINK, THEREFORE, U2

A couple of suggestions / offers:

Find a hotel that will let you book a block of rooms under a name. If you have to you can pretend it is a wedding party. Like the Evans-Hewson wedding or Clayton-Mullen
smile.gif

If you are driving in make sure they have parking available.

I live in Knoxville TN, so if any of you find me [at 9 hours left to Chicago] a good stopping point, I am willing to lend out my space [read floor!] I have family near the Windy City so maybe I can hop on the boos - it depends on other stuff.

------------------
Mone

You ain't nothin without a rhythm section to back you up.

"What Adam does with his willy is his business..." -Bono

Originally posted by daisybean:
Okay I checked out the hotel site, but Chicago is a big town, I just don't want to end up in a bad area of town.

Anyone in the know: would it be best to stay near the airport, or what's a good, affordable area to be in.

I think if we choose an area/hotel we could make arrangements like rooming, etc..

I would recommend not staying near the airport(s). They are both pretty far from downtown, and I think it would be a pain in the butt to travel back and forth every day. Not to mention, we will probably be out late at least one night and I do NOT want you ladies taking public transportation back by yourself in the wee hours of the morning.

That said, I'm not really sure what a safe AND affordable area would be. Dowtown would definitely be the safest, most convenient place to stay, but it's not going to be the cheapest. To defray costs, I'm liking the idea of cramming a lot of ppl into each room (if you all don't mind of course
smile.gif
) and/or trying to get a group or wedding rate (doods, if we actually stayed at the hotel for the CLAYTON-MULLEN wedding, I think I would be amused by that for the rest of my LIFE
wink.gif
)

Anyway...just a couple of thoughts.

I've only been to Chi-town a couple of times, but I think it would DEFINITELY be worth it to cough up the cash to stay in a hotel downtown. That's where the action seems to be and both airports are farrrrr away. I say we get a big suite and have PLEBA indoor camping! Rent a few cots, bring some sleeping bags too. Get a suite that has a living room and kitchen so we can make food and save some $$.

To whomever is in charge of this operation...I offer my help coordinating. Just drop me an email.
biggrin.gif

-sula

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
I've only been to Chi-town a couple of times, but I think it would DEFINITELY be worth it to cough up the cash to stay in a hotel downtown. That's where the action seems to be and both airports are farrrrr away. I say we get a big suite and have PLEBA indoor camping! Rent a few cots, bring some sleeping bags too. Get a suite that has a living room and kitchen so we can make food and save some $$.

To whomever is in charge of this operation...I offer my help coordinating. Just drop me an email.
biggrin.gif

-sula

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!!
biggrin.gif

Oh, and btw, even though I live in Chicago, I'm SO staying with you gals at least one night you are here. PLEBA SLUMBER PARTY!!! WHEEEEEEEE!!!!
biggrin.gif

And sula, THANK YOU for your offer of assistance! I don't have time to write coherent e-mail now, but now that you've offered, you will most DEFINITELY be involved in the planning process. Seriously, the help is appreciated.
smile.gif

------------------
~ALOTWU~

"Lines in the sand...I don't know about that shit."
-Adam

Love is a promise, love is a souvenir, once given never forgotten, never let it disappear

*HOE DOWN*

MOOB IT!

biggrin.gif

-sula

Thanks Sula, I think the biggest problem will be the coordinating. Having horrible visions of credit card bills...

again my email

bourneblond@yahoo.com or daisyone75@hotmail.com

------------------
Daisy
Love is a temple
Love's a higher law

AIM: daisyone75

the downtown best western inn of chicago is pretty cheap and is in a really good location - right off michigan ave. on ohio. i'll try and find the phone number and post it later.

Originally posted by Screaming Flower:
the downtown best western inn of chicago is pretty cheap and is in a really good location - right off michigan ave. on ohio. i'll try and find the phone number and post it later.

Hey, thanks! You're right! This looks like a fine place to stay! I looked it up and found some info that I thought you guys might want to see:

The Basics:

Best Western Inn Of Chicago
162 E Ohio St
Chicago, IL 60611

(312) 787-3100

Price Range: 79.00 - 285.00

And here's a link to a more detailed description.
http://superpages.placestostay.com/script/gen_prop.asp?hotel_id=43128&front_end_id=9841

You can also make reservations from this page. Also, notice on that page that you can do a "hotel search" if you want to look at more hotels.
smile.gif

Thanks again, Screaming Flower!
smile.gif

I can't come to Chicago for the PLEBA convention but if you really book it under Clayton-Mullen, I will send a wedding gift!

Have fun. Chicago is a blast! I went to college 3 hours south of there and had fun times in Chi-Town!

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
Thanks again, Screaming Flower!
smile.gif

hey anytime! you did all the work.
biggrin.gif

let me know if you need anything else. i live here too and can check stuff out if you want.

I vote for all pitching in for a suite.
And book it under Clayton-Mullen, too, cos that's just too funny
biggrin.gif

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"It never ceases to amaze me. Here, we have a man who claims professes to enjoy flower arranging, has no qualms over donning a skirt at any given time and, now we learn, prefers to use the ladies' restroom. And yet somehow he manages to embody all that is masculine and sexy. I don't know how he does it. " ~Gina, on Adam
Gina: WOOHOO!

Well here is another downtown possibility.
http://www.hotels4less.com/cgi-bin/hotelinfo?SID=CV6&Dest=CHI&LKF=MT9&TRK=H1-citylistMore&PROD=CONDO&DispCurr=USD&ITRK=db1&qKey=N1829015525960&HtlId=11387+++&Smk=N

Lenox Suites Hotel
616 NORTH RUSH STREET
CHICAGO, IL 60611

I did the math... 169.95 per night for a studio suite, 5 people max. So for 2 nights, the base cost would come to 67.98 per person (or 33.99 a night per person). Not too shabby, methinks.
smile.gif
We could book as many rooms of 5 as necessary and have them all in the same hall.

Just an example of how pooling our resources should work out fine.

-sula

http://www. hotels4less.com/cgi-bin/hotelinfo?SID=CV6&Dest=CHI&LKF=MT9&TRK=H1-citylistMore&PROD=CONDO&DispCurr=USD&ITRK=db1&qKey=N1829015525960&HtlId=11387+++&Smk=N

Lenox Suites Hotel
616 NORTH RUSH STREET
CHICAGO, IL 60611

I did the math... 169.95 per night for a studio suite, 5 people max. So for 2 nights, the base cost would come to 67.98 per person (or 33.99 a night per person). Not too shabby, methinks.
smile.gif
We could book as many rooms of 5 as necessary and have them all in the same hall.

-sula

This looks pretty darn nice to me. It's in a *really* convenient place and the prices don't look too bad at all. Of course, I don't really get to decide cause I'm not the one that has to stay there, but I think this would be a fine choice, as choices go.
smile.gif

Thank you, sula.
biggrin.gif

http://www. hotels4less.com/cgi-bin/hotelinfo?SID=CV6&Dest=CHI&LKF=MT9&TRK=H1-citylistMore&PROD=CONDO&DispCurr=USD&ITRK=db1&qKey=N1829015525960&HtlId=11387+++&Smk=N

Lenox Suites Hotel
616 NORTH RUSH STREET
CHICAGO, IL 60611

smile.gif

-sula

Actually this looks and sounds like a great idea !!!
Good work Sula
biggrin.gif

Sounds like someone's been reading a little too much SLASH on the fanfic website!!!!!!

Originally posted by YellowKite:
Like the Evans-Hewson wedding or Clayton-Mullen
smile.gif

------------------
***ALOTWU***

mapquest tells me it is 8 hours to chicago from pittsburgh.

but i can get round trip to chicago on usair for 86 bucks!!! WHOA!!!! that is CHEAP!!!

part of me really, really wants to do this. part of me is still nervous....

what if everyone is scared when i show up and they realize i really am that zombie i always post?

------------------
***ALOTWU***

*Imagines staying in a room overnight with four PLEBANS

O.K. O.K. - I would actually stay with the GF's Sister or with one of my U2/College friends - she was an honorary PLEBAN in Vegas.

zonelistener@yahoo.com

LOL Elizabeth.....
I'm not sure yet how I'm going to get there from Cincy...can't really see me going by myself but I'm going to try to work it out somehow , because it will be a great weekend !!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Hey, I have some ideas on what i can do to help! (My emails on my profile for now.
smile.gif
)
Also, i was thinking we should try to rent like a dunking booth...We could have a dunk the PLEBAN contest!
tongue.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

[This message has been edited by Miss MacPhisto (edited 04-11-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom