PLEBA Convention in Chicago - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll stay wherever you guys are staying, i guess! I'm not going to be too fussy about this.
smile.gif
- Miss Mac

------------------
*Ya Just cant get enough, of that Lovey Dovey stuff...*

" And to think I actually TOUCHED that tight, hard body!" - Miss MacPhisto

Well, Kristie = POOR but I'll try to save as best as possible, so wherever you guys decide... I guess I can sleep in mah car if I don't have money for hotel
wink.gif

and AYE!! to the wedding cake or whatever that was!

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"It never ceases to amaze me. Here, we have a man who claims professes to enjoy flower arranging, has no qualms over donning a skirt at any given time and, now we learn, prefers to use the ladies' restroom. And yet somehow he manages to embody all that is masculine and sexy. I don't know how he does it. " ~Gina, on Adam
Gina: WOOHOO!

Girls, this is gonna cost way too much for me, 260 for plane ticket and almost 400 for hotel
frown.gif

*wishes I had my own money tree*

Debt vs. meeting my PLEBA sistas

*cries*

------------------
Daisy
Love is a temple
Love's a higher law

AIM: daisyone75

[This message has been edited by daisybean (edited 04-15-2002).]

Originally posted by daisybean:
Girls, this is gonna cost way too much for me, 260 for plane ticket and almost 400 for hotel
frown.gif

*wishes I had my own money tree*

Debt vs. meeting my PLEBA sistas

*cries*

Awwwww!!! Poor daisy!!!
frown.gif

But why do you say the hotel is going to cost $400? I mean, I like nice hotels, but I'm not going to make you guys stay in one that costs $200 per person per night. Am I doing the math wrong?
smile.gif

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
Awwwww!!! Poor daisy!!!
frown.gif

But why do you say the hotel is going to cost $400? I mean, I like nice hotels, but I'm not going to make you guys stay in one that costs $200 per person per night. Am I doing the math wrong?
smile.gif

DOH........... I put 3 nights instead of 2
at the Best WEstern

Duh, I was thinking 3 days ......

hehehe

never mind

does price search again

oooooo much better

See all those beautiful Bono and Moob shots really have fried my brain
wink.gif

------------------
Daisy
Love is a temple
Love's a higher law

Originally posted by daisybean:

DOH........... I put 3 nights instead of 2
at the Best WEstern

Duh, I was thinking 3 days ......

hehehe

never mind

does price search again

oooooo much better

See all those beautiful Bono and Moob shots really have fried my brain
wink.gif

LOL!!! Does this mean you can come?
smile.gif

I would hold off on booking any individual hotel rooms until we get a final count of heads and can book them all in a group and bargain for a single group rate. Just from some preliminary research, I think we can swing it for under $40 per person, per night for lodging. That seems pretty reasonable to me. Whatcha think?
smile.gif

-sula

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
I would hold off on booking any individual hotel rooms until we get a final count of heads and can book them all in a group and bargain for a single group rate. Just from some preliminary research, I think we can swing it for under $40 per person, per night for lodging. That seems pretty reasonable to me. Whatcha think?
smile.gif

-sula

OOOOOOO that sounds even better

can we set it up where everyone pays their own rather than having one person pay and run the risk of them not getting paid back?

Sorry, just having horrible flashbacks of vacations with "friends" where it went on my card and some people never paid me back
mad.gif

------------------
Daisy
Love is a temple
Love's a higher law

Oh definitely. I know I don't have the credit card resources to be left holding the bag. lol. What will most likely happen is that the person that makes the arrangements and actually places the booking may have to front a deposit (shouldn't be a staggering amount) to secure the reservation, and then when people show up, they will check in at the front desk and pay when they get there.

So basically, the sooner we have a final headcount and know pretty well how many people we are planning for, the sooner we can get it nailed down. Like I said earlier, I'm willing to help coordinate this and can even do the calling of hotels etc. if needed. Just let me know.
smile.gif

-sula

In addition to the PLEBA convention - I may be coming down on MAY 10!

Anyone in the area interested in doing a Bono's Birthday Party Evening?

Let me make sure I am coming down. My GF has her sister's Bachelorette party that night, so I thought it would be fun to throw together a Bono Birthday!

And, I am only a 30-year-old dirty old man, not 50!

OMD! Thank you sooo much for pointing that out. The weekend we're planning for does, indeed, include Venetian Night. (The 27th of July.) Excellent, excellent point. Which is very cool, because that's another thing we could check out if we so choose. However, it means we should probably get our asses in gear to book a hotel. Not to put too much pressure on anyone, but we need to figure out how many people want to do the group hotel thing!

If you can't commit now, it's okay, but you might end up paying more for a room later. Hey, does anybody know if it's possible to add people to an existing reservation, as long as they'll be in the same room? I don't see why not.

By the way, here's a great site to look up what's going on in Chicago at any given time, and get people hyped for the convention!! I used it to plan last New Years Eve, among other things.
smile.gif

http://www.metromix.com/top/1,1419,M-Metromix-Home-X!Front,00.html

If you want to get really excited, enter 07/26/02-07/28/02 into the find-an-event calculator and check out the 126 results!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Adam's in his world, lost to the music. You've probably never seen a happier person in your life."
~BP Fallon

"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
~Andrew Jackson

~~S&C~~

Originally posted by zonelistener:
In addition to the PLEBA convention - I may be coming down on MAY 10!

Anyone in the area interested in doing a Bono's Birthday Party Evening?

Let me make sure I am coming down. My GF has her sister's Bachelorette party that night, so I thought it would be fun to throw together a Bono Birthday!

And, I am only a 30-year-old dirty old man, not 50!

It sounds like a cool idea, but unfortunately I will probably be deep in the throes of final exams up in Madison on May 10th.
frown.gif

However, if you come to Chicago that weekend, you should have dinner at Rosebud.
smile.gif
That's where Bono had his birthday party last year. One of Gina's friends was eating there at the same time, and got to sing Happy Birthday to him. *sigh*

Okay, everyone, it's time for the first trial run of the mass PLEBA Convention e-mail list. We can discuss nitty gritty details further by e-mail, okay? :)

------------------
"Adam's in his world, lost to the music. You've probably never seen a happier person in your life."
~BP Fallon

"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
~Andrew Jackson

~~S&C~~

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:
It sounds like a cool idea, but unfortunately I will probably be deep in the throes of final exams up in Madison on May 10th.
frown.gif

However, if you come to Chicago that weekend, you should have dinner at Rosebud.
smile.gif
That's where Bono had his birthday party last year. One of Gina's friends was eating there at the same time, and got to sing Happy Birthday to him. *sigh*

You just HAD to remind me of that didn't you???
tongue.gif

I will most certainly be in Chicago on the 10th if you and others want to do something for the big man's b-day. Let me know.
smile.gif

hey...now that i can post...I'M COMING...so my parents don't know...it's all good. come hell or highwater, i'll be there...thought you'd like to know...

everyone: who is this and why is she speaking?

*ducks out of room*

------------------
"At school he stuck out like a sore thumb. He used to drink coffee in class and the teachers got used to it. He wore a kilt. He also took off his clothes at one rehearsal when he got very excited."-Bono, describing Adam

Hey kids,
Sorry I'm checking in so late but since I live only 25 minutes from the city I'll be there. For those of you flying I would try to get a flight into Midway airport. It will be cheaper than Ohare.
Also, before booking a hotel make sure you know where it is!
my email is kitten_827@yahoo.com. I'm pretty familiar with the area since I grew up here so email me if you have any questions!
biggrin.gif

Oh and I forgot! That weekend may be Venitian Night. (A boat parade on the lake and then fireworks after) It's always at the end of July and a rather big event. Try to book hotels soon if it does fall on that weekend.

Back
Top Bottom