PLEBA Convention in Chicago - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by elizabeth:
mapquest tells me it is 8 hours to chicago from pittsburgh.

but i can get round trip to chicago on usair for 86 bucks!!! WHOA!!!! that is CHEAP!!!

part of me really, really wants to do this. part of me is still nervous....

what if everyone is scared when i show up and they realize i really am that zombie i always post?

$86??? That's less than a grocery bill I had last month! That's it, you're coming.
wink.gif

------------------
"Adam's in his world, lost to the music. You've probably never seen a happier person in your life."
~BP Fallon

"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
~Andrew Jackson

~~S&C~~

i will admit it. i totally want to go.

ed is worried though. he wants to make sure no one here is really like a 50 yr old single male just trying to entice women to chicago to do scary things. who here can prove they are not a 50 yr old man with nasty ideas?

------------------
***ALOTWU***

mapquest tells me it is 8 hours to chicago from pittsburgh.

but i can get round trip to chicago on usair for 86 bucks!!! WHOA!!!! that is CHEAP!!!

part of me really, really wants to do this. part of me is still nervous....

what if everyone is scared when i show up and they realize i really am that zombie i always post?

I don't care if you are a zombie. You are coming, young lady, and that is the end of it. I won't let you use that "oh, but people won't like me cause I'm undead excuse" on more time. You are coming and that is final!
tongue.gif

------------------
~ALOTWU~

"Lines in the sand...I don't know about that shit."
-Adam

Love is a promise, love is a souvenir, once given never forgotten, never let it disappear

*HOE DOWN*

MOOB IT!

ed is worried though. he wants to make sure no one here is really like a 50 yr old single male just trying to entice women to chicago to do scary things. who here can prove they are not a 50 yr old man with nasty ideas?

Oh, I can prove it. When you come to Chicago...
icon16.gif

Just kidding. I guess there's no easy way we can prove it ... phone conversations? But I suppose it's pretty unlikely that all of us are nasty 50-yr-old men. Although that would be pretty damn funny. Ha!

------------------
"Adam's in his world, lost to the music. You've probably never seen a happier person in your life."
~BP Fallon

~Andrew Jackson

~~S&C~~

uhm why don't you just bring him and he'll see for himself? Ok nevermind.

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

Things I Have To Say About This:
1. You are coming, zombie or not.
2. You are bringing Ed.
3. WHY in god's name would a 50 year old man with nasty ideas be posting on PLEBA?? Why not like... an N'Sync board? Seriously.
4. In a month I will be flying to Florida to stay with my twin who very well may be a 50 year old man with nasty ideas (tho I'm sure you're not twin!
biggrin.gif
). If I can do it, you can do it! And you've got Ed to come along, I'm going ALONE (plus I'm only 18...)
5. I've met large fan club groups from the internet before (in Chicago no less!) and not a damn one of them were 50 year old men.

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"It never ceases to amaze me. Here, we have a man who claims professes to enjoy flower arranging, has no qualms over donning a skirt at any given time and, now we learn, prefers to use the ladies' restroom. And yet somehow he manages to embody all that is masculine and sexy. I don't know how he does it. " ~Gina, on Adam
Gina: WOOHOO!

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
I've only been to Chi-town a couple of times, but I think it would DEFINITELY be worth it to cough up the cash to stay in a hotel downtown. That's where the action seems to be and both airports are farrrrr away. I say we get a big suite and have PLEBA indoor camping! Rent a few cots, bring some sleeping bags too. Get a suite that has a living room and kitchen so we can make food and save some $$.

To whomever is in charge of this operation...I offer my help coordinating. Just drop me an email.
biggrin.gif

-sula

I second Gina's post. Thanks so much for the offer, Sula! You will be hearing from one or both of us, I'm sure.
biggrin.gif

------------------
~BP Fallon

~Andrew Jackson

~~S&C~~

A little bit of housekeeping...

I have e-mail addresses for the following interested people:

Bono's American Wife
browneyedgirl
Can'tSeeOrBeSeen
CdnBliss
clarityat3am
daisybean
elizabeth (yes, you are interested)
EPandAmerica
hippyactress
JennyBean
Julyfly
Kristie
Lilly
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic
mbi16
Miss MacPhisto
spinninghead77
Laura (soon to be stories for boys)
sulawesigirl4
zonelistener

If anyone else is interested in specific details (when they become available) but doesn't see their name here, post your e-mail please! (or send it to me at bmkarabetsos@students.wisc.edu)

biggrin.gif

------------------
~BP Fallon

~Andrew Jackson

~~S&C~~

Hey peeps...

I wanna compare some sites for airfare...so could people post the sites they use for obtaining tickets and stuff...I've checked out Orbitz, but I'd like to see some other sites.

Thanks!

------------------
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Originally posted by YellowKite:

So, I imagine this scenario - A block of rooms for the Clayton-Mullen wedding and 20-30 giggling girls show up and one really confused 50 year old man!

You are all really cracking me up with this 50 year old man thing
biggrin.gif
All I'm gonna say is I'm 35 and Rick is 15 years older than me...you do the math!

If he comes with me, you just might have a very confused 50 year old man running around. But don't worry, he's not scary. All of my friends like hanging out with him more than me, cause he's a really funny guy. I told him he can only go if Ed goes though.

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:
You are all really cracking me up with this 50 year old man thing
biggrin.gif
All I'm gonna say is I'm 35 and Rick is 15 years older than me...you do the math!

If he comes with me, you just might have a very confused 50 year old man running around. But don't worry, he's not scary. All of my friends like hanging out with him more than me, cause he's a really funny guy. I told him he can only go if Ed goes though.

Heeheeee! Bring him bring him!! He can investigate stuff for us!
wink.gif

------------------
~BP Fallon

~Andrew Jackson

~~S&C~~

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:

If he comes with you, you should warn him that I will be forced to call him "Rick, the Private Eye" for the entire duration of the convention
biggrin.gif

------------------

Originally posted by hippyactress:
If he comes with you, you should warn him that I will be forced to call him "Rick, the Private Eye" for the entire duration of the convention
biggrin.gif

May I suggest - Rick the private dick!?@#$
biggrinbounce2.gif

------------------
Mone

You ain't nothin without a rhythm section to back you up.

"What Adam does with his willy is his business..." -Bono

well i thought of a plan. i told my friend DIGI who went along with all my plans to drag ed to every U2 concert I could get him to...Ed likes to save money, I like to SPEND SPEND SPEND! we are a good team.

anyway, DIGI is all in favor of me going, and i told him since he went to chat once he could go with me if ed was worried.

Digi also alleviated my worries about prejudices against zombies. Zombies were people, too, you know.

And I thought, would'nt it be cool if we went along with this wedding theme and booked a big room at the hotel and hired a DJ and made him/her play all U2 all night? And we could hire a photographer to take photos??? HAHAHAH!!! The Clayton-Mullen wedding.....DAMN the grooms (brides?) are sexy!

<----about 85% sure she is coming. Will be convincing ed by upping the quota....

well i thought of a plan. i told my friend DIGI who went along with all my plans to drag ed to every U2 concert I could get him to...Ed likes to save money, I like to SPEND SPEND SPEND! we are a good team.

anyway, DIGI is all in favor of me going, and i told him since he went to chat once he could go with me if ed was worried.

Digi also alleviated my worries about prejudices against zombies. Zombies were people, too, you know.

And I thought, would'nt it be cool if we went along with this wedding theme and booked a big room at the hotel and hired a DJ and made him/her play all U2 all night? And we could hire a photographer to take photos??? HAHAHAH!!! The Clayton-Mullen wedding.....DAMN the grooms (brides?) are sexy!

<----about 85% sure she is coming. Will be convincing ed by upping the quota....

Yes, Make them go with you!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I sent you an email, did'ya get it???

------------------
Daisy
Love is a temple
Love's a higher law

AIM: daisyone75

Oh my DAD that would be freaking hilarious! BWAAAHAHAHA! Especially the photographer!! We could bake a cake and put U2 figurines on the top ... haaa!!!!

------------------
~BP Fallon

~Andrew Jackson

~~S&C~~

Hey, whats wrong with being a 50 year old man???
confused.gif

Cant we drool over the pix, too?
tongue.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

Originally posted by Kristie:

4. In a month I will be flying to Florida to stay with my twin who very well may be a 50 year old man with nasty ideas (tho I'm sure you're not twin!
biggrin.gif
). If I can do it, you can do it! And you've got Ed to come along, I'm going ALONE (plus I'm only 18...)

Well, I guess I can't prove that I'm not a 50 yr old man...but I KNOW I'm not
smile.gif
Even though I live in the land of retired people!

And I'm so excited about meeting PLEBA people...I'm still looking into the way I'm going to make it to Chicago..but I wouldn't miss this for the world! And my vote is for booking it under Clayton-Mullen wedding
wink.gif

------------------

lol. no joke. i am flying to Ireland with my friend to stay with a 50 yr. old man that i have never met. so i guess if i can do that, i can come to the convention, right!? lmao. i am not kidding...email:isarabia@earthlink.net

Originally posted by hippyactress:

And I'm so excited about meeting PLEBA people...I'm still looking into the way I'm going to make it to Chicago..but I wouldn't miss this for the world! And my vote is for booking it under Clayton-Mullen wedding
wink.gif

REALLY??? You're COMING??? YAY YAY SUPER YAY!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

You know what Elizabeth - as long as you bring the pants it wn't matter if you're a zombie or not - actually it will make it easier for a PANTS Across PLEBA exchange program if you are zombie like!

So, I imagine this scenario - A block of rooms for the Clayton-Mullen wedding and 20-30 giggling girls show up and one really confused 50 year old man!

Sounds like someone's been reading a little too much SLASH on the fanfic website!!!!!!

WTF?#!$@ Are there really stories involving our rhythym section together? Blech - [imo] - but I also don't get the girl-girl thing so many guys seem to lust over.

------------------
Mone

You ain't nothin without a rhythm section to back you up.

"What Adam does with his willy is his business..." -Bono

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
Hey, thanks! You're right! This looks like a fine place to stay! I looked it up and found some info that I thought you guys might want to see:

The Basics:

Best Western Inn Of Chicago
162 E Ohio St
Chicago, IL 60611

(312) 787-3100

Price Range: 79.00 - 285.00

And here's a link to a more detailed description.
http://superpages.placestostay.com/script/gen_prop.asp?hotel_id=43128&front_end_id=9841

You can also make reservations from this page. Also, notice on that page that you can do a "hotel search" if you want to look at more hotels.
smile.gif

Thanks again, Screaming Flower!
smile.gif

Okay can we stay here???? I gotta chance to check it out and it seems reasonable. You can also get a deal if you book thru travelocity.com

------------------
Daisy
Love is a temple
Love's a higher law

AIM: daisyone75

[This message has been edited by daisybean (edited 04-14-2002).]

Originally posted by daisybean:
Okay can we stay here???? I gotta chance to check it out and it seems reasonable. You can also get a deal if you book thru travelocity.com

Sounds good to me. Other people?

------------------
~BP Fallon

~Andrew Jackson

~~S&C~~

Back
Top Bottom