PLEBA convention in Chicago!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mirrorball Girl

Refugee
Okay, PLEBA gals (and guys)! We on chat have been talking and decided it was high time to have a PLEBA convention. And what better place for a convention than a city U2 loves, right in the middle of the USA? In fact, Bono once said that they wanted to play there every Monday night! (This was before he said it in at least 2 other cities. Shut up.)
biggrin.gif

Gina (Hallelujah Here She Comes) lives in Chicago, and I live very close to it. So I (and probably Gina) would be happy to scope out locations, try to organize stuff, etc. But we need to know who wants to come!

Right now we are thinking that July, perhaps late July, would work best for a variety of reasons. (For instance, no school for PLEBA students.) Depending on how many people want to come, we can look at what kind of places we might want to use for a get-together. Field trips will definitely be involved.

For instance, I know of a museum that may be able to put up a U2 exhibit for us! We can go to the Shedd Aquarium, because it rocks, although it has absolutely nothing to do with U2! We could go to the United Center and form a GA line to freak out security! Extreme merriment will ensue, no matter what! Chicago won't know what hit it, ladies.
wink.gif

Okay, we really want to make this happen. But we need feedback. So, discuss please!

A_ja01016.jpg

Bono: Hey PLEBA people! We're here posing on stage in Chicago, and we really think you should all come visit us here!

Edge: Um, Bono ... we probably won't be there...

Bono: Shut up. We're gonna play here every Monday night!

Larry: All of those PLEBA ladies in one place ... just knowing they're all congregating makes me a bit nervous.

Adam: I want to see how many of them have my pants.

------------------
"Adam's in his world, lost to the music. You've probably never seen a happier person in your life."
~BP Fallon

"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
~Andrew Jackson

~~S&C~~

I love this idea!!!!! I'm up for it (as I already said in chat) And we who live in and around TO could have a road trip!!!!! This will be soooo much fun!!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
Oh sugar, don't you cry
Oh child, wipe the tears from your eyes
You know I need you to be strong
And the day is as dark as the night is long
Feel like trash, you make me feel clean
I'm in the black, can't see or be seen

Thats my Birthday! (July 31 anyway) And I can try to get Danno's elevation band there that week--they play there alot! They're good too! Just set a date and a hotel or place and I'll clear my U2002 calendar! (This may be scary...all those Pleba girls in one place at once!) Look out Chicago!

I'm so there! Which I said in chat, but YEAH.
if we get all of PLEBA in one room, I think innuendo would not streak through the room, it would be put on a pedestal and hoisted high for all to see...

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"It never ceases to amaze me. Here, we have a man who claims professes to enjoy flower arranging, has no qualms over donning a skirt at any given time and, now we learn, prefers to use the ladies' restroom. And yet somehow he manages to embody all that is masculine and sexy. I don't know how he does it. " ~Gina, on Adam
Gina: WOOHOO!

Will try to fly back from ireland just for you guys
wink.gif
Hey you never know, I may bring some kidnapped members with me :p

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

I live not very far from Chicago, but I'm taking some classes this summer so I can graduate sooner, and I have other plans.

It's a good idea though.
smile.gif

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

BLARGH! I used to live in Milwaukee a mere hour-and-a-half away from the windy city...

I have to go to Chi town the week of August 11 for a tradeshow....y'all wouldn't want to wait till then, would ya???
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
(j/k)

waah.
frown.gif

I live about 7 hours away, and my parents are going there with me this summer.. not sure about the date.. but I can't go
frown.gif
Damn. Be sure to go to the Chicago Peace Museum so you can see Bono's poem there
biggrin.gif

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Super yay! Keep the responses coming, everyone. All y'all who don't live near Chicago ... this could be a great excuse for a trip!
smile.gif
Discoboos, Elevation Air, pick your mode of transport.

And I would LOVE to plan it for sometime when Elevation was doing a show! I've been wanting to go see them ever since their first gig in Chicago (although I did talk to Danno on the phone afterward courtesy of Gina
wink.gif
)

Marina, I don't think anybody would object to kidnapped band members.
biggrin.gif
That way, not only innuendo, but also Adam could streak through the room.

------------------
"Adam's in his world, lost to the music. You've probably never seen a happier person in your life."
~BP Fallon

~Andrew Jackson

~~S&C~~

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!! One FREAKING night that my roomie decides to go to bed early, thus thwarting my attempts to connect to the internet and a freaking PLEBA CONVENTION in CHICAGO is discussed???? GAH!!!!

Anyhoo, YES! This is a FABULOUS idea! COME COME COME!!!! ALL OF YOU! No excuses!!
wink.gif

WOOOHOOO! PLEBA LOVE!!!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by elizabeth:
i don't live in chicago or anywhere near it.

sucks.

SO?????? You don't live anywhere near Vegas or Slane but that didn't stop you from hauling your ass there to see U2, now did it?
wink.gif

I don't imagine that this little gathering will be QUITE as big of a draw as our boys performing, but c'mon! You could take a little vacation from Pantsburg to come visit us!

Seriously, if you can't, you can't. But it would be LOVELY to see you.
smile.gif

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75:

GAH! why so harsh? lol...anyhoo if you all are able to pull this off i hope i am able to make it. it all depends on work. my two cents would be to have this gathering on a weekend, that way i can come.
biggrin.gif

Yes, that would be my preference as well
smile.gif

Weekends = good.

I think we're going to come up with a couple of alternate weekends and see how many people think they could make each. Then we'll decide on the exact date.

Woooohooo!

------------------
~BP Fallon

~Andrew Jackson

~~S&C~~

Just tell me when and where and I'm ready to book my flight. I guess I left chat too early last night and missed this but I think it's a great idea. I've never been to Chicago and I would LOOOVE to meet my PLEBA sistahs!

*hippy makes an appearance*

Well, I still have no idea when or where I'm working this summer...but it just might be possible for me to come to Chicago...I would love to road trip and maybe pick up anyone who needs a ride along the way (from south FL to Chicago).
biggrin.gif
This would be SO cool!
smile.gif

------------------
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

AHERM.
I have an announcement.
Those of you who chat regularly might be noticing someone named U2babyface 9 in there a lot?
Her name is Laura, she's a newbie, she can't post yet but wants to come to the convention. She asked me to post that for ye
smile.gif

Um, when she does show up she'll be stories for boys, I thinky
I will vouch for her coolness, she's been lurkin' for a long time and knows all the pleabrew and is not ignorant and stupid.
So there you go.

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"It never ceases to amaze me. Here, we have a man who claims professes to enjoy flower arranging, has no qualms over donning a skirt at any given time and, now we learn, prefers to use the ladies' restroom. And yet somehow he manages to embody all that is masculine and sexy. I don't know how he does it. " ~Gina, on Adam
Gina: WOOHOO!

Originally posted by Kristie:
AHERM.
I have an announcement.
Those of you who chat regularly might be noticing someone named U2babyface 9 in there a lot?
Her name is Laura, she's a newbie, she can't post yet but wants to come to the convention. She asked me to post that for ye
smile.gif

Um, when she does show up she'll be stories for boys, I thinky
I will vouch for her coolness, she's been lurkin' for a long time and knows all the pleabrew and is not ignorant and stupid.
So there you go.

WELCOME LAURA!! So glad you're thinking of joining us for our little gathering!!! SUPER YAY!
biggrin.gif

that sounds like a great idea, i am taking summer classes again this year, so i will have to check my schedule, once the organisers select the dates(july sounds do-able for me).

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*
lost on a silent planet
two lone, rising stars
locked in a silent planet
so close and yet so far...

[This message has been edited by sparkys girl (edited 04-07-2002).]

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:
WOOHOOO! Everyone who thinks they can come so far ... Kate, SpaceGirl, daisy, maybe clarity, Ali Rose, Kristie, Bona, perhaps Marina (with kidnapped band members), Iris, Charlene, Hippy ... this is so cool!

Well I mean it's not that hard....all I gotta do is give Bono some red wine, steal one Larry's harley...hmm that might not work 10 hrs. in a sardine can with snarly and angry Larry = suicide any ideas? Adam, well I guess all I need to do is tell him that there will be plenty of ladies that worship him, he'll volunteer for the kidnapping. Edge hmm Edge...oh I'll tell him it's a physics convention.

There ladies we have 4 more coming Gina make sure we have a cell to keep them in so they don't run away.

[This message has been edited by mbi16 (edited 04-07-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom