PLEBA convention in Chicago!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

zimmerman101@hotmail.com

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
Oh sugar, don't you cry
Oh child, wipe the tears from your eyes
You know I need you to be strong
And the day is as dark as the night is long
Feel like trash, you make me feel clean
I'm in the black, can't see or be seen

[This message has been edited by Can'tSeeOrBeSeen (edited 04-08-2002).]

Good point, sula. If your address is already in your profile, and you've expressed interest in the thread, you don't need to post it again.
smile.gif

Terrifying??? I swear I don't bite....often :p

mbi16@yahoo.com

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

Ok. I'm going to call the Chicago Peace Museum today. Perhaps Brianne has mentioned this before, but they have quite a bit of U2 artifacts and we figured this would be a great activity for our little (or not so little as it is delightfully turning out to be
smile.gif
) get together.

I'm going to inquire as to

a) what U2 stuff they have on display and

b) whether they'd be willing to put out more of their U2 stuff for a group of hormonal wom-I mean "interested fans."
wink.gif
Wish me luck.

------------------
~ALOTWU~

"Lines in the sand...I don't know about that shit."
-Adam

Love is a promise, love is a souvenir, once given never forgotten, never let it disappear

*HOE DOWN*

Laura (U2Babyface9) is cool and she BETTER be taking me to Chicago or NO MORE burned CDs!!!!!!

------------------
"Take for a while
your trumpet from your lips

Loosen your hold,
loosen your grip

On your old ways that have
fallen out of step
with the change in time

Hoist a new flag
Hoist a new flag."
-- Birds Without Wings, David Gray

Ok. Called Peace Museum. And apparently in Peace Museum Land "1pm - 5pm" translates to "1pm - whenever we decide to stop answering the phones."

So, yeah, no one answered. But I left a message and asked them to call me back with info about their U2 artifacts and about the possibility of accomodating a large group to view said artifacts. I doubt they'll call me back, but at least now when I call a second time, they might have more of an idea of what I want. I'll call back tomorrow.
smile.gif

------------------
~ALOTWU~

"Lines in the sand...I don't know about that shit."
-Adam

Love is a promise, love is a souvenir, once given never forgotten, never let it disappear

*HOE DOWN*

Originally posted by Screaming Flower:
the peace museum is closed on monday. they do have a website at www.peacemuseum.org but it's way out of date.

HAHA. I'm an IDIOT. I went to the website before I called, but noticed only the times that it's open, ignoring such key info as the DAYS that it's open. OH WELL.
tongue.gif

Like I said, I'll call again tomorrow.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Hallelujah Here She Comes (edited 04-08-2002).]

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
HAHA. I'm an IDIOT. I went to the website before I called, but noticed only the times that it's open, ignoring such key info as the DAYS that it's open. OH WELL.
tongue.gif

Like I said, I'll call again tomorrow.
smile.gif

Hahahahahahahaaa! I got the phone number from the website, and I totally didn't notice that it was closed on Monday either! Ah well.
smile.gif
Tomorrow.

------------------
"Adam's in his world, lost to the music. You've probably never seen a happier person in your life."
~BP Fallon

"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
~Andrew Jackson

~~S&C~~

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:
Super Yay!!!!!

Okay, we'll be continuing to post updates here about general activities, what weekends we're thinking about, etc. But I'd appreciate it if everyone who even remotely thinks they might be able to come could post their e-mail address here, or send me an e-mail at bmkarabetsos@students.wisc.edu including your interference name. (Or what you're registered for if you don't have it yet.
smile.gif
)

That way, once we get down to the nitty gritty of specific times, contact info for Gina and me, etc. ... we don't have to waste space posting it up here.

Back to your regularly scheduled posting.
biggrin.gif

I'm more than remotely interested, I'm THERE!

My email addy is bonochick66@yahoo.com

**not to be confused with the original Bonochick
biggrin.gif

Cool! That would be sooo fun!
I'm only like 6 hours away from Chicago, so I could probably go! We'll see, six hrs is a long time, but maybe I could carpool with fellow PLEBAns.
smile.gif

jennybean578@yahoo.com

------------------
"Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in
eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star
in our hand and melting like a snowflake."
--Marie Beyon Ray

Just discoverd in chat last night that Chicago is 9-10 hrs. from T.O.

I may still be able to wing it though..

spinninghead77@hotmail.com

------------------
***Spinny***
"I don't know about you, but I feel good about the fact that I still haven't found what I'm looking for"-Bono, 1987

"Be uncool, yes be akward!"

***looks for a sponsor to pay her bills

aw, I soo wanna come, girls *sniff

------------------
I'm a bass player. That's a "singer" question. Lord Adam Clayton

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

I'm going...Even if i have to hitchhike all the way from LA with a smelly, scary, hayseed sucking, bearded hillybilly truck driver!!!
eek.gif

MISSMACPHISTO@EXCITE.COM
or catch me on aim or icq!
biggrin.gif

missmacphisto269

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

have any dates been selected yet?!?!

------------------
you'll never know how I watched you
from the shadows as a child
you'll never know how it feels to be the one
who's left behind...

*+*MaRiA*+*

Hey if I'm driving 9-10 hours (600 miles each way) to Maryland to see MG off and over a weekend to boot than we can get our asses to Chicago for a weekend. Well I'm crazy too...but anyway! lol I'm gonna try to come...just give me a timeframe...preferably over the summer.

clarityat3am@hotmail.com

I'm so happy to see more people expressing interest in this. It's going to be so much fun to meet everyone!

We are still working out the details of when, but the choices will likely be the weekend of July 19,20,21 or the weekend of July 26, 27, 28. Not that it's set in stone.

------------------
"Adam's in his world, lost to the music. You've probably never seen a happier person in your life."
~BP Fallon

"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
~Andrew Jackson

~~S&C~~

Um, the later dates would be better, theres something going on the weekend of the 19th - 21st or so, and a few of us here wouldnt be able to make it for to chicago if thats when it is.
smile.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

I don't know if anyone else will be flying from So California to Chicago but if anyone is interested, I've been checking airfares and I have found some really cheap flights out of Long Beach (Dana!) and John Wayne airports. I've found several in the $200 range, round-trip, on Expedia and Travelocity. Considering that I just paid $1,500 for 3 tickets to Oklahoma, those fares sound pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom