PLEBA convention in Chicago!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by mbi16:

There ladies we have 4 more coming Gina make sure we have a cell to keep them in so they don't run away.

Do not worry my dear. It has all been taken care of...
icon32.gif

READ: My room = U2's "holding chamber"
wink.gif

Yay! I live in a Chicago suburb! Well, I'm at school now, but in July I should be at home. It would be great to meet you girls- I just don't know how I will explain to my parents (who I'll be living with then) that I'm going to meet people from the internet. But I'm sure I'll find a way!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Kristie:
AHERM.
I have an announcement.
Those of you who chat regularly might be noticing someone named U2babyface 9 in there a lot?
Her name is Laura, she's a newbie, she can't post yet but wants to come to the convention. She asked me to post that for ye
smile.gif

Um, when she does show up she'll be stories for boys, I thinky
I will vouch for her coolness, she's been lurkin' for a long time and knows all the pleabrew and is not ignorant and stupid.
So there you go.

yes, she is a cool chick.
biggrin.gif

This little devil should be making an appearance...Alert the proper authorities!
eek.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

well i should really go back and read the rest of the thread...but has a date been picked???

<---wonders if she could really get up the guts to go....

(i mean, i wonder what it will be like to hold a real conversation with PLEBAns??? When I talk to you by posting, it is like i say something, then 10 hours later someone says something. Talking in chat is weird too...we can spend like 10 minutes just posting the word "moobs." Will that hold up in real life?? It could make for a veeeerrrry interesting weekend!!!)

------------------
***ALOTWU***

Originally posted by elizabeth:
(i mean, i wonder what it will be like to hold a real conversation with PLEBAns??? When I talk to you by posting, it is like i say something, then 10 hours later someone says something. Talking in chat is weird too...we can spend like 10 minutes just posting the word "moobs." Will that hold up in real life?? It could make for a veeeerrrry interesting weekend!!!)

Bwahahaha! At PLEBA convention:

*silence*

Elizabeth: Moobs.
Gina: Moobs?
Brianne: MOOOOOBS!

... etc.
biggrin.gif

I know what you mean, Elizabeth. Hehe. But I can vouch for the fact that I've actually had real live conversations with Gina, as well as various random interferencers (like Bona!) before concert in Chicago. They tend to work fine. And who knows ... we may even talk about *gasp* other subjects besides U2 every once in awhile.
wink.gif

As for the date, we're going to try and figure out if there are any restrictions on when the peace museum might be able to show us U2 goodness. (If they can.) Then we'll come up with a couple of weekends and see what would work best for everyone.

------------------
"Adam's in his world, lost to the music. You've probably never seen a happier person in your life."
~BP Fallon

"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
~Andrew Jackson

~~S&C~~

sounds good so far!!

and i'm glad no one was offended by my comments. I just realized they might have sounded weird. but plebans are usually amused more than offended, right??? RIGHT!

------------------
***ALOTWU***

well i should really go back and read the rest of the thread...but has a date been picked???

<---wonders if she could really get up the guts to go....

YES YOU CAN
and BRING ED
biggrin.gif

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"It never ceases to amaze me. Here, we have a man who claims professes to enjoy flower arranging, has no qualms over donning a skirt at any given time and, now we learn, prefers to use the ladies' restroom. And yet somehow he manages to embody all that is masculine and sexy. I don't know how he does it. " ~Gina, on Adam
Gina: WOOHOO!

YES YOU CAN
and BRING ED
biggrin.gif

YEAAAAAAH!!!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
~ALOTWU~

"Lines in the sand...I don't know about that shit."
-Adam

Love is a promise, love is a souvenir, once given never forgotten, never let it disappear

*HOE DOWN*

oooookay No, actually I think I know what you mean.
biggrin.gif

*doesn't think she'd come but summer holds many possibilities*

- On The Ed

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

[This message has been edited by On The Edge (edited 04-08-2002).]

Hey -

I'm not a PLEBA girl, but, I do plan to be in Chicago a few times this summer, and may be able to gather some other U2/Interferencers for a big gathering. Please accept me - Ali Rose will tell you I am safe! Other Interferencers from the area: Screaming flower, Bono's Party Girl. And I bet we could convince LarryMullen's_PopAngel and Lady Lemon to come.

So?

p.s. - Dearest Ali Rose: COOL BIRTHDAY! that's my sis's birthday!

Originally posted by zonelistener:
Hey -

I'm not a PLEBA girl, but, I do plan to be in Chicago a few times this summer, and may be able to gather some other U2/Interferencers for a big gathering. Please accept me - Ali Rose will tell you I am safe! Other Interferencers from the area: Screaming flower, Bono's Party Girl. And I bet we could convince LarryMullen's_PopAngel and Lady Lemon to come.

So?

Well, I shall most certainly be in Chicago for most of the summer, and I am always up for a U2 gathering. So, yes. Definitely. Give me a...er, post when you're gonna be in town.
smile.gif

Originally posted by hippyactress:
*hippy makes an appearance*

Well, I still have no idea when or where I'm working this summer...but it just might be possible for me to come to Chicago...I would love to road trip and maybe pick up anyone who needs a ride along the way (from south FL to Chicago).
biggrin.gif
This would be SO cool!
smile.gif

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!! SUPER YAY!!!!
biggrin.gif

I SOOOOOOOO hope you can come, twin! *crosses fingers*
smile.gif

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:
Just tell me when and where and I'm ready to book my flight. I guess I left chat too early last night and missed this but I think it's a great idea. I've never been to Chicago and I would LOOOVE to meet my PLEBA sistahs!

WOOHOO!!! I can't WAIT for this!!!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by daisybean:

You're going all the way to Europe for an OBOE????????

confused.gif

What American Oboes aren't good enough for you
wink.gif

Well...if I get a Loree Royal in Europe it costs about half as much as getting it in the U.S. (and these oboes are like $6,000 in the U.S. btw
eek.gif
)

LOL

Still I wanna come!
frown.gif

*devises plans to make time travel machines or teleporters*
biggrin.gif

*mission impossible music*

------------------
*~*Phuzzie*~*

*Owner of the BonoDoll*

"No, I will not do the snake dance for you!" ~ Bono after the post-Super Bowl party

WARNING: Insanity is highly contagious!

My U2 Site

U2: Rock's Hottest Tamales

[This message has been edited by Phuzzie_the_camera_girl (edited 04-07-2002).]

WOOHOOO! Everyone who thinks they can come so far ... Kate, SpaceGirl, daisy, maybe clarity, Ali Rose, Kristie, Bona, perhaps Marina (with kidnapped band members), Iris, Charlene, Hippy ... this is so cool!

Gina or I will call the Peace Museum tomorrow to find out if we can get an appointment to see their U2 stuff. The wheels are turning, ladies!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Adam's in his world, lost to the music. You've probably never seen a happier person in your life."
~BP Fallon

~Andrew Jackson

~~S&C~~

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:
WOOHOOO! Everyone who thinks they can come so far ... Kate, SpaceGirl, daisy, maybe clarity, Ali Rose, Kristie, Bona, perhaps Marina (with kidnapped band members), Iris, Charlene, Hippy ... this is so cool!

Gina or I will call the Peace Museum tomorrow to find out if we can get an appointment to see their U2 stuff. The wheels are turning, ladies!
biggrin.gif

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! This is so EXCITING!!!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I am definatly interested, and I hope that this is actually feasable for me. If it is over a weekend, then I may just be able to do it... (How far exactly is Chicago from Toronto??)

CdnBliss, Cantseeorbeseen, Icelady, and MrsEdge, if we do this then we can have a wicked awesome road trip.......

------------------
***Spinny***
"I don't know about you, but I feel good about the fact that I still haven't found what I'm looking for"-Bono, 1987

"Be uncool, yes be akward!"

YES YOU CAN
and BRING ED
biggrin.gif

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I fear if I bring him, I will end up returning aloooooooooooooooone!!!!!

------------------
***ALOTWU***

But you said he wanted to meet us...was he lying? Or were YOU lying, little missy??
wink.gif

That's right! Think twice about bringing your man! We JUST MIGHT steal him!
wink.gif

Hey...maybe we could have Ed as a collective husband? Just kidding
wink.gif

------------------
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

[This message has been edited by hippyactress (edited 04-08-2002).]

wink.gif

wink.gif

LMAO twin!

Wait, so you're saying Ed's NOT our collective husband??? Huh.
wink.gif

wink.gif

wink.gif

we would not steal him!!
for long....
biggrin.gif

I think this sounds like a wonderful idea !!!
Chicago is a city I've been wanting to get to for a while now......and what better excuse than this !!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I will make a huge effort to get there....it's gonna be a blast !!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

It should'nt be too bad to drive from Cincy ....
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by browneyedgirl (edited 04-08-2002).]

If Ali Rose or zonelistener will let me carpool with them (sula=notorious carpooler
tongue.gif
) I'll be there.
biggrin.gif

Would be absolutely awesome if we could get Danno and the tribute band to do a gig while we're there. Elevation, baby!

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:

Would be absolutely awesome if we could get Danno and the tribute band to do a gig while we're there. Elevation, baby!

YEAAAAH!!! That would RULE!!! I went to one of their gigs last month and it was great!

I'm SOOOO glad so many people are going to try to make it!!! This is going to be SO MUCH FUN!!!
biggrin.gif

Super Yay!!!!!

Okay, we'll be continuing to post updates here about general activities, what weekends we're thinking about, etc. But I'd appreciate it if everyone who even remotely thinks they might be able to come could post their e-mail address here, or send me an e-mail at bmkarabetsos@students.wisc.edu including your interference name. (Or what you're registered for if you don't have it yet.
smile.gif
)

That way, once we get down to the nitty gritty of specific times, contact info for Gina and me, etc. ... we don't have to waste space posting it up here.

Back to your regularly scheduled posting.
biggrin.gif

------------------
~BP Fallon

~Andrew Jackson

~~S&C~~

Back
Top Bottom