Please post your favorite tour memories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
frown.gif
The tour is over all too soon. Let's make a remembrance book of it for PLEBA by posting your favorite pic or writing down your fondest memories or both.
smile.gif

Throwing "macphisto bear" onstage and nearly hitting Bono with it. Also singing really really loud along with a song and Bono looked in my direction and said "Y'all are loud over there!" into the mic. In my deluded little world he said that just for me.
Lol.
I miss my macphisto bear though, sigh.
-Bluey

The concert in Milwaukee was the day before Bono's Birthday. Someone gave him a blue plastic birthday hat (bowler style). He started walking around the heart with his hat tipped over "begging' for money. People actually started throwing money (paper money and coins) at him! A quarter actually hit him in the head!

------------------
Jessica

"Rock and roll doggie"
--Bono

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

?Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades.?
--Bono

My favourite tour memories...Meeting them in Austin...Having Bono come to the top of the stairs where everybody was and shake MY hand first.

bono.jpg

Larry reading the "Happy belated birthday" poster I made for him, him actually taking it in his hands and reading it, looking at me, smiling saying "thank you that's very nice of you", taking my paper signing it...then shaking my hand
biggrin.gif

larry.jpg

melarry.jpg

Edge signing my paper, not knowing who's it was and lifting it up in the air...lmao then I snatched it
biggrin.gif

*sigh* beautiful memories, i'll never forget

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*
*Larry smiles and says "Thank you that's very nice of you"*
*Larry signs paper, shakes MG's hand*
*MG almost dies then sees tearaway pants and gets bad ideas*

Your pics are great!

As for the tour don't think I'll be forgetting Bono kissing my hand too soon! All the shows I went to were amazing though, can't WAIT for next summer!
smile.gif

favorite tour memories? oh, there are SO many....

first of all, the performances. every single show i went to elevated me to a new level. they all had a different feel- the party-like atmosphere of the first leg, the mourning of london and slane, and the healing power of the third leg... every single show was very, very special.

second, i am grateful for the people i met along the way. some of these people will be my friends for life- U2 fans are (for the most part) the coolest, nicest people in the world.
smile.gif

finally, there are the little things that were so very special for me: getting my first pic from dallas last spring, getting adam's setlist from stu in london, meeting larry (2 times), being in dublin (so much fun) for slane, seeing U2 play in ireland, seeing U2 perform in NYC for the first time after 9/11, getting edge's guitar slide from Dallas (this is one of my favorite memories), having an *interesting* interaction with AJ on halloween, Adam walking across the stage to Edge's side on halloween to shake my hand- and nobody else's! (i almost fainted, i swear...), Graham (security guy) giving me his setlist, and then hugging me and my 2 friends after miami and saying "see you next summer"...

all in all, it has been the most amazing, crazy, and FUN six months of my life. Thank you, U2 and the crew, for *everything*. i truly feel blessed. Europe here we come!!! bonoforever, i'll see you next summer!
biggrin.gif
(knock on wood...)

Ahhh, memories. *sniff* There are so many great ones.

* Milwaukee -- my first Elevation show, got stuck in traffic and nearly didn't make it, arrived at 8:30, and still managed to wind up standing on Edge's side, second row outside the heart. JessicaAnn, I remember the bowler hat! Hee hee! And Bono singing Happy Birthday to himself after "One" and then cracking up when the crowd finished for him was priceless.

* All the people I met in the GA lines Chicago 5/16 and 10/16! Five months later on March 16th I'm going to expect another Chicago concert, dammit.
biggrin.gif

* Meeting Adam before the show in Detroit and actually getting to talk with him briefly. I'll never forget that. (And after that I got to meet a Red Wing!)

* The sheer joy of hearing the music and attending the concerts that I did. If U2 tours in Europe next summer, I will be there for at least one show. It's that simple.

------------------
"The minute anybody starts telling you what God thinks, or exactly why he does such and such, beware. People should never try to make God in man's image, and that's what they're constantly doing." - Madeleine L'Engle, 1963

"True to form, Edge's promise of 'just the one' turns out to mean just the one bottle of vodka." - Q Mag interview

"don't give up, you've got the music in you..."

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:
Ahhh, memories. *sniff* There are so many great ones.

* Milwaukee -- my first Elevation show, got stuck in traffic and nearly didn't make it, arrived at 8:30, and still managed to wind up standing on Edge's side, second row outside the heart. JessicaAnn, I remember the bowler hat! Hee hee! And Bono singing Happy Birthday to himself after "One" and then cracking up when the crowd finished for him was priceless.

My friend gave me a boot of the Milwaukee show ... I always smile when he starts singing Happy Birthday to himself.

------------------
Jessica

"Rock and roll doggie"
--Bono

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

?Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades.?
--Bono

Best memory- Being so close to Bono in Baltimore and watching him take off his shades, rub his eyes, then jerk his head up and open them, blink them, and look around like he was seeing for the first time after being blind for a long time. It gave me the chills! His beautiful baby blues sparkling in the spotlights, looking in every direction, I was melting!

I was not far from the girl whose flag he took, here is a pic:
ET69789.jpg

I will never forget the awestruck look on her face.

Worst memory: failing to meet the band
frown.gif
again
frown.gif

------------------
Visit my U2 webpage! <A HREF="http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

"Walk" TARGET=_blank>http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

"Walk</A> On, stay safe tonight"

All the shows were so fantastic. I couldn't have asked for a better time.

The first show in Toronto, I will remember for the surprise Forever Young Bono did for Bob Dylan's birthday. The second show in Toronto was amazing, and the most amazing part is that we got to know the security guys, and they gave us VIP passes to go see the band do the MuchMusic interview. By some grace of God, we ended up standing behind the chair Bono elected to sit on, and therefore were on TV almost the entire time! The London show was great, and the best part is that we saw the entire city the week we were there. Finally, the Hamilton show will be remembered forever as the one where I got Larry' stick.
smile.gif

And I also love everybody I've met. From this forum: Ally, Khelia, Ruth, Julie (ladywithspinninghead), SkeeK, KevM, Mrs. Edge, UnforgettableFoxFire, mistyrose, ultraviolet299, Naya. It's been fun talking to you in line, and nice meeting all of you.
smile.gif

Oh, they are sooo many. I feel very, very blessed this tour. First, all the shows I ended up seeing. Every single one special in their own way.

Personally I got more then I could ask for. The highlight is of course at the second Stockholmshow when Bono heads back to the mainstage in WOWY. Sets his eyes on me, steps towards me, kneels down, still staring into my eyes, reaches the microphone to me saying "sing for me", and the brightest moment of this whole thing, how he pushes all the outstretched hands away while reaching the mic to me, it was ME, noone else. And then I sang, or tried to
biggrin.gif
, and then he takes the mic back and says "Thank you" and it's all on the bootleg.
smile.gif

Then it is when Bono took my heartsticker in montreal and placed it in the same spot on himself where I had had it, in the forehead.

Meeting Larry twice, first in COpenhagen and it was sooo magic and emotional.

Meeting Bono and he thanked me, again, for helping him out while signing.

Slane, going to Dublin. Very, very special, eveyrthing about it. From missing the flight, the wait in Slane in the cold to A sort of Homecoming, partying in Dublin, just bump into fans all over the city.
smile.gif

The ride from Copenhagen to Stockholm which normally takes about 6-7 hours. We made it in 14 hours. LOL We met Larry on the way, missed the last ferry. Tried to take a swim in the ocean but it was to uiccky, cold and wavey. Stopped later for a swim in a lake at 8 am on a beautiful sunny summermorning. It was our shower after the show, amazing! Passing by a bunch of naked guys, backed up to stare at them before we left. Being 4 grown persons with luggage for a month each adn sleepingbags, pillows, in my little Daihatzu Charade (size of Nissan Micra, VW Golf, almost smaller) Driving through Stockholm like that. LOL

Oh, I missed the three H's I've been called. First it was hocker(?) (prostitued) in Copenhagen when we tried to get a shower cheaper if we made it quickly, it was in the middle of the night at the railwaystation. Then we were asked if we were Homeless in London, while in line the night before the third show. Two not very nice things to be called but this makes it up, by Dallas Schoo himse

Nice thread!

Ehm... here's my favorite parts of the tour... going in order of concert experience... I think...
smile.gif

[*]Seeing them in concert for the first time in 3 years.
[*]Hearing Stay (Far away, so close!) for the first time *ever*, April 24, 2001
[*]They played KITE!
[*]Meeting Larry for the first time (RAWR)
[*]Taking a picture with Larry
[*]Making my concert t-shirt with all the funky rhinestones
[*]Meeting Disco in Vegas
[*]Studding my pants (I still wear them...
biggrin.gif
)
[*]Meeting all the Inteference People at HRC
[*]GA line at Vegas was so much fun!
[*]MY FIRST HEART EXPERIENCE!!!!
[*]Standing close enough where I could see the expressions on their faces
[*]Losing my voice (well, it kinda sucked, but it was still funny)
[*]Adam laughing at my sign
[*]Larry reading my sign
[*]Girl standing next to me with sign that read, "Adam, I'll ride your wild horses!"
[*]Larry smiling after seeing a sign that probably said, "Larry SMILE!" (he looked like this: :|
biggrin.gif
:|)
[*]Larry walking to the mic and saying "Thank you" - guy yells from behind me... "HE SPEAKS!" LOL!
[*]Talking nonstop from Vegas to LA - caffeine is great, but the after-effects are no fun.
[*]Shooting stars
[*]Pimp guy in Vegas, complete with wad of $100.00 bills, a saucily-tipped hat, and a cigarette holder in his mouth.
[*]Sunset on the Stratosphere (I have a thing for dusk and sunsets) To bad the thing I have for Larry couldn't have joined along with the thing I have for dusk can sunsets.
biggrin.gif

[*]Mysterious Ways! OHMYGAWD!
[*]Sleeping outside a train station across from the Staples Center at dawn.
[*]Disco and I traveling by the same stop we were sleeping next to and getting so excited and taking pictures of it - people on the train seemed to be scooting farther away from us. I think they thought we were weird.
[*]Meeting up with all my friends from U2LA
[*]mbi16 and her very sharp wit... I had to ask her to repeat a funny comment she made in Vegas the day before because my brain couldn't function enough to remember... and I had to write it down so I wouldn't forget. Something about In 'N Out burgers and how animal style can be misconstrued for something else entirely, and, well... I'll leave it at that.
[*]Disco experiencing In 'N Out burgers for the first time. YUM!
[*]Meeting Edge and him signing my plate.
[*]Saying something utterly inane to Edge, must have been because I had been standing on my feet for about 10 hours, and not sleeping for almost 48 hours.
[*]Getting a pick from Dallas
[*]Karma was with me.
biggrin.gif

Not-so-fun stuff:
[*]Girl trying to rip my foot up off the floor because she thought I stepped on a pick, then proceeded to try and push me out of the way. Not very nice of her. A friend of mine named Monster (dressed in black vinyl - looked pretty scary, but was actually very nice) came to my rescue and pushed her away from me. No pick. But guess what? I got a pick from Dallas later on - she didn't. Neener Neener.
[*]Getting up at 2:50 AM and getting to the Thomas & Mack Center at 4:00 AM, only to discover nobody was around and having to leave.
[*]Finding out a big group of people were already lined up across the street.
[*]Losing my voice so badly, that I affected my singing voice as well.
[*]BRONCHITIS!!!! http://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/icons/icon31.gif
[*]Mean people in LA who weedled their way to the front of the heart where we were standing, oblivious to the fact that other people were there first.
[*]Drunk guy acting like a pin ball in the heart, bouncing around all over the place. What an idiot.

Still, the good far outweigh the bad.

I had a blast.
smile.gif
I enjoyed myself and will never forget the awesome time I had with everybody, including enjoying the concert with my closest friends. Thank you for that!

Moonie

------------------
If you ask me, I think it's all about drums.
"If a student with an accordion had come along, I would've played with them ya know...that was where I was at, I was that desperate to play with somebody."
(Larry, about his Mount Temple days, before forming U2)

*Larry, I played accordion. Can I have a drumstick?*
From the heart, on a blue sign, 11-18-01, Vegas

Tonight the moon has drawn its curtains
It's a private show no one else going to know
I'm wanting

(If You Wear That Velvet Dress)
Hit Gurl

Boohoo! Mine was lost...
Well, here it is again.

Bono reminding me (and everyone else in the arena) that God is love, God is not hate. I think that God was actually speaking through Bono that night because the arena was silent when he was essentially praying this to the audience. One of the most explosive moments I've ever experienced. I was crying for the rest of the concert.

------------------
One love, one life...
Give peace a chance!
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Bono: I don't walk, I swagger! I sashayed once, but just once. It wasn't for me.

My favorite tour memories:

Seeing my first ever U2 show in Dallas in April!
Seeing my first ever U2 show from the second row of the heart!!
Meeting Bono after the show!!! (see my sig)
Finding out that waiting in the GA line by yourself is not such a scary experience because there are lots of cool fans around with wonderful stories and free food to share.
Getting into the first row of the heart in Austin!
Driving to the November Dallas show at the last minute without a ticket and then being given a ticket by a guy who drove up from Mexico City and had an extra one.
Watching Bono stare at the lighter during "Bad" in Dallas from two feet away (those of you at the show will know what I'm talking about).
Being convinced that Larry smiled at me!
Hearing "Mysterious Ways" and "The Fly" - my two favorite tracks from my favorite album - played back to back.
Hearing "Out of Control" and the acoustic version of "In God's Country."
Hearing Bono shout "Thank you Dallas, Texas!" over and over during "Walk On."
Having my hearing blown out by Adam's bass!
Seeing the Bono/Edge interplay during UTEOTW up close and personal.
Bono in a cowboy hat! Three times!
The emotion! The songs! The pants!
And let's not forget the marvelous opening acts - P.J. Harvey, who won me over despite my previous statement of "I can't believe we have to wait through P.J. Harvey" and No Doubt, the most energetic and fun opening act I've ever seen.

Wahhh, when are they going to be back?!?

------------------
Courtney

"Thank you. It was an amazing night."
- What Bono said to me after the April Dallas show, and what I think every female U2 fan would like to hear.

Back
Top Bottom