Please Post All 2003 GRAMMY Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
Please Post All Grammy Discussion HERE

I figured that many will be watching the Grammy Awards tonight and will want to comment on them. Please post all of your comments here. Thanks! :)

FYI, I'm going to leave that Bruce thread alone though...we'll just start from now on. :)

Quick Grammy Question...

Is Hands nominated for anything tonight? I can't remember if they have a movie song category or not...

Kristie said:
ALL grammy discussions, or just the not-U2 grammy discussions?

Good point, as U2 does have 1 nomination. For that reason, I'll move this thread over to the main area...but it will also be used as a general Grammy discussion. :)

Are they even there? I can't find them in any of the arrival pics on wireimages or yahoo :( You think they'd be there, they were already in NYC.

On a non-U2 note, I was :hyper: to see a Simon and Garfunkel reunion after all those years! :up:

gabrielvox said:
Aw for :censored: sake.

I was thinking that they were performing, now i realize its for the Oscars.

What waste of 2.5 hrs.

:censored:

:angry:

You got that right.

good night.

:yawn:

*snore*

Okay the Simon and Garfunkel thing was cool and I liked seeing Dave Grohl win and Bruce was interesting. But the rest of the night was pure crap. Most of the rock awards weren't even presented live. What a waste. :down: Tonight sucked :(

I'm hoping Oscar night will be a lot better....

PS Gabrielvox I LOVE your sig! :yes:

I know how to get to sleep reeeal quick- I'll just think of Norah Jones' performance :yawn:

Bonochick said:
They mentioned that Bono was honored by MusiCares.

Yes! I was happy about that! And The Clash tribute did rock!

But I'm still sore over U2 and tired of Norah Jones' overratedness. :grumpy:

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:

Yes! I was happy about that! And The Clash tribute did rock!

But I'm still sore over U2 and tired of Norah Jones' overratedness. :grumpy:

Can I ask what you don't like about Norah Jones? Or are you just tired of hearing about her?

I may be stoned for saying this, but I didn't like that Coldplay performance at all. I love both their CDs, but really dislike that song.

I wonder if they chose it because it would be easy to put an orchestral part in? Because musically, it's a very dull song. The entire drum part is BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM ad nauseum, until the verse comes along again. Add one CHORD CHORD CHORD CHORD CHORD CHORD CHORD CHORD CHORD on the piano and a frighteningly twitchy performance from the singer, and there's Coldplay.

How disappointing. I was really looking forward to hearing them. Oh, and what was up with the long-winded, way over the top praise of the introduction? Was John Leguizamo just killing time while the orchestra set up? I think Coldplay are a great new band and I think they're going to get even better, but jeez louise, that was a lot of uberpraise!

Yes, Avril was awful. And what was with her lame "fans" in front of the stage?
On a lighter note, the guy who won for best liner notes was named David Evans.

LOL! I saw that and immediately thought of Mr. You-Know-Who.

I'm sure some would say the Grammys are boring every year, but this year just seems excrutiating.

Nsync? They sounded like an amateurish group of high school boys singing a capella. Whichever Nsyncer sang the high bits of "Stayin' Alive" was horrible.

Ashanti? Horrible and boring. Want to avoid people falling asleep during your song? Trot out the kids so the audience goes, "Awwwww."

All I've liked tonight were Norah Jones and Brooooooooce. Two high points in a sea of boring lows. Feh!

Okay, Eminem with The Roots was pretty cool. Three high points. Feh anyway. :|

Last edited:
I was actually kind of surprised that no one from U2 were at the Grammies tonight. With the Clash tribute and all, you'd a thunk they'd be there.

Maybe they were sitting in the back...:sigh:

I hope Bono's back didn't take a turn for the worst...

Back
Top Bottom