Please give Larry his due

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joerags

War Child
U2 will definitely be inducted in the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame. It is a no-brainer. If it's not, then there should be an investigation.

But when they are inducted into the Hall of Fame, I really, really hope that Bono, Edge and Adam do not forget to mention that Larry was the one who started the band.

Everyone knows the story. It all started in 1976. Larry was 14 and wanted to start a band. So he posted a note at school, three dudes showed up (not counting Edge's brother) and history was made.

If it wasn't for Larry, there would be no U2. Remember that people.
And I really hope that Bono, Edge and Adam don't forget that.
If they don't give Larry his due during the Hall of Fame ceremony, it would really break my heart. If I met Bono, Edge or Adam, I would definitely point that out to them.

Like I posted in another thread, U2 should rename themselves "The Larry Mullen Jr. Band" for their very last album. Hey, Dave Matthews has a band named after him, why not Larry. In fact, they were actually called The Larry Mullen Jr. Band before becoming Feedback, The Hype and U2.

And Adam should grow back that bushy blonde hair. lol

Last edited:
Giving Larry credit was standard practice during the Elevation tour and Bono mentions it all the time in interviews.

I don't think anyone will forget about Larry.

"I'd like to do something that's almost impossible for a singer to do, I'd like to introduce you to the band. 'Before we were U2 or even the Hype, before we lived up to that, before all those names, for one lunchbreak we were The Larry Mullen Band. 'The man who gave us our first and only jobs and has never stopped reminding us, Larry Mullen Jnr."

Last edited:
"the man who gave us our first job and who keeps us in our first job"

"i'd like to introduce you to my boss"

these are Bono's words about Larry. i'm absolutely sure that none of the U2 members could have forgotten about Larry. there would be no U2 without him and they (as well as all of us- fans) perfectly know about it.

and leave Adam's hair alone!!! he looks fantastic the way he is right now!

I think Larry receives plenty of recognition...I don't believe any member ever tries to overshadow him or underplay his role. Every member of U2 is essential, and they all seem to be well aware of that.

Bonochick said:
I think Larry receives plenty of recognition...I don't believe any member ever tries to overshadow him or underplay his role. Every member of U2 is essential, and they all seem to be well aware of that.

Exactly, U2 wouldn't be the same without any of the 4 !

There's no doubt about that. In fact, if it wasn't for Bono remembering that fact during the Elevation Tour, most fans wouldn't know about it. I'm sure none of them will ever forget that.

Why would they forget?, it's only a few magazine/newspaper writers, that forget who started the band, not the band members themselves.

Yeah! someone else likes the 'fro! I would like to see Adam grow his hair out more though. He had a rather big afro, can you imagine how long his hair was, if straightened? I'll bet longer than Bono's ever had his. :D

Back
Top Bottom