Pittsburgh!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
I can't find a thread for last night's pics, so I guess I'll start it off! I decided last minute I wanted to go to this show so thanks to many Interferencers who helped me score a GA at face value and thanks to Miroslava and April for letting me bum a ride and a hotel room. We were numbers 2, 3, 4 in line (and called ourselves the Gloria Girls....you know in Gloria when Bono yells "two three four!"...yeah, we're dorks!) and Miroslava got us into the ellipse!!! Nothing between me and Bono but a foot of air and Sampson's head, hehe. Anyway, thanks to #198 for showing me how to work my camera. All of my good pictures are now on my Vertigo Tour album site, but I'll post some below:

http://www.dutchbingo.net/U2/albums/

I lowered the resolution for posting, but if anyone wants a hi-res file, PM or e-mail me.

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo6.jpg

Phew! OK, enough of my pics, hehe.

Some highlights of the show:

- Mark trying to talk Dallas into showing him the setlist by yelling "Secrets! I need to know the secrets!" to which Dallas responded something, in a hushed voice, like "Bono wears women's clothes". I ended up holding my camera really high and zooming in w/ the 10x optical zoom and taking a picture of the setlist :D

- Adam LOVING Miroslava's "Silver Fox" sign

- Bono saying Miroslava's name after reading her signs and me instantly shrieking like a teen age girl at a slumber party

- Bono yelling "two three four!" at the beginning of Electric Co, to which the Gloria girls shrieked and giggled

- the two little brothers leading the "no more!" chant during Sunday Bloody Sunday

- me taking a picture and then yelling "oh shit!" right as Bono aims champagne at my (expensive) camera

Thanks for posting LivLuv! Really amazing pics! :yes: :bow:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
- Mark trying to talk Dallas into showing him the setlist by yelling "Secrets! I need to know the secrets!" to which Dallas responded something, in a hushed voice, like "Bono wears women's clothes".

:giggle:

Dallas! :cute:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Phew! OK, enough of my pics, hehe.

Some highlights of the show:

- Mark trying to talk Dallas into showing him the setlist by yelling "Secrets! I need to know the secrets!" to which Dallas responded something, in a hushed voice, like "Bono wears women's clothes". I ended up holding my camera really high and zooming in w/ the 10x optical zoom and taking a picture of the setlist :D

- Adam LOVING Miroslava's "Silver Fox" sign

- Bono saying Miroslava's name after reading her signs and me instantly shrieking like a teen age girl at a slumber party

- Bono yelling "two three four!" at the beginning of Electric Co, to which the Gloria girls shrieked and giggled

- the two little brothers leading the "no more!" chant during Sunday Bloody Sunday

- me taking a picture and then yelling "oh shit!" right as Bono aims champagne at my (expensive) camera

Wow!! Sounds like it was an amazing show!! What an amazing experience for the 2 brothers, Bono's so great :hug:
Nice pictures by the way!

Great pics, and HOW did you score GA at face value?? I've been trying to do that all tour and never found any and no one knew a thing. DC was my last chance, the only show I could realistically go to. You sure are lucky!

thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks !

Now we know Adam approves of his nickname, The Silver Fox!

hot!

U2Kitten said:
Great pics, and HOW did you score GA at face value?? I've been trying to do that all tour and never found any and no one knew a thing. DC was my last chance, the only show I could realistically go to. You sure are lucky!

Actually, I only just decided to go to the show at midnight on Thursday. So we PMed everyone we knew looking for tickets. Friday night I got a call from an Interferencer who said he would hook me up. Ironically, I ended up with THREE GAs at face value, so I sold the other two to friends who had seats but wanted GAs. So far, I've been able to basically get the tickets I want just through Interference.

what an incredible night...awesome pics hun! You guys were so lucky down in the ellipse!

I do understand what Bono means by "gig-lag" though...lol...its been 2 days since the show and my head and heart are still in the arena. And I'm really achy! LOL One of the best nights ever and even now it still feels like a dream...

you've got some very impresive[i/] photos there!!!
....not just becaust they're close & in focus...but somemgreat compostions, vcathcingn2 ormore ofthemtogther, great solo pics and somem great choices when catching themin colored lights :bow:

Hey LivLuv it was great meeting you in Pittsburgh (Bev in the tent next to you) great photos! You guys forgot you were supposed to take us into the ellipse with you!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom