Pictures of Bono and Edge from tonight's forum in NY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I see my beige pants in the background :happy:

d4edc3bc.jpg

I did not use my flash and the pics are fine... actually when I do use a flash they come out worse

if yours don't come out I can link you to mine

Niamh_Saoirse said:
My friend Aidan was in NY yesterday and took some piccies. I´ll post these 2 while I finish uploading the rest. Enjoy! And thanks Aidan! :wave:

NY2.jpg

There I am in the back 3rd person to the left :D with youtwohearts and DianeL!

Last edited:
tbird said:
I did not use my flash and the pics are fine... actually when I do use a flash they come out worse

if yours don't come out I can link you to mine

but I have a picture with him :scream: I thought I had turned the flash off but I didn't I am praying they come out :sad:

I am currently working for a man who knows and had studied with Jeffrey Sachs -- in fact, I am working my way through "The End of Poverty." He has told me he will tell Sachs what I think. :wink: So I'm thinking ... if he knows Sachs I wonder if he knows Bono .... and how do I ask him without coming across as a blithering fanatic? Hmmm ... maybe I can mention to him I'm going to see U2 in Tampa in November ..... one can only daydream ...

:reject: I should have mentioned that those pictures weren't mine. They were from Yahoo. Oops. I wish they were mine though, lol.

Y'know, Edge has got such a kind face. Looking at these pix I can so imagine those eyes crinkling at the corners and those whiskers stretching into a jaw splitting grin.

...and Bono? Well, lets just say he's like a coal fire burning in a grate - hot, inviting and easy on the eye. Yeah, I wouldn't mind comfying up to him....:drool: :drool:

More pictures from yesterday can be seen here:

http://www. flickr .com/photos/atu2com/sets/1084409/

I wasn't sure if I could post a direct link, so I put spaces between the dots and the word flickr.

I'm sure you all know what to do!

swandiver said:
I am currently working for a man who knows and had studied with Jeffrey Sachs -- in fact, I am working my way through "The End of Poverty." He has told me he will tell Sachs what I think. :wink: So I'm thinking ... if he knows Sachs I wonder if he knows Bono .... and how do I ask him without coming across as a blithering fanatic? Hmmm ... maybe I can mention to him I'm going to see U2 in Tampa in November ..... one can only daydream ...

We're not blithering fanatics..;) We just appreciate that which goes unnoticed by a great many. If you consider grown men who like to play computer games, who are we to feel stupid or daft? I have to admit, I do tend to hide my overwhelming desire for Bono from friends/relatives/work collegues. They know I've a soft spot for him and that I find him attractive and sometimes I do feel stupid, especially when in the company of ppl who don't appreciate the band like I do. They seem to think that as I'm an 'older' fan, I should act 'grown up' and be sensible, but you know, there's plenty of time to be 'grown up' when yer old and stuck in some home for old farts. I like being a 'blithering fanatic', :rockon: and I think you should just come right out and ask this bloke if he knows the Great B. :) ;).

And anyways, just think, if he does know our bestest lead vocalist, you might get to learn a little about the great man as a person and not just a celeb...:drool: :drool:

Go for it. ;) ;)

youvedonewhat, your post is terrific!!! I too worry about what my co-workers think about my seeing the guys several times this tour, and feel a bit self-conscious about it. Why do I tell them? Because I'm too dopey to keep it to myself! :reject:

But, I've been fortunate...the women at the library where I work know I like them--at least, the women I'm friendliest with--and are very sweet about it. Two of them have called me at home to see if I knew that they're going to be on Conan! And when I was waiting for Bono after the talk yesterday, I called the crew that was on to tell them what I was up to. (Wednesday night is a usual shift of mine, and three of my very bestest buds there were on. I'd switched shifts to have last night off.) It helps that one of them is a HUGE Aerosmith & Steven Tyler fan...she goes on about him and has seen them many times. So, she can appreciate me waiting in front of NYU. Plus, they were happy that I was so very happy last night. I'm very lucky.

In certain situations, it's best to keep a low profile. But it's always nice when you don't have to keep this side of your personality hidden--it's just one of the facets of your personality that make you, you.

Last edited:
Diane L said:
youvedonewhat, your post is terrific!!! I too worry about what my co-workers think about my seeing the guys several times this tour, and feel a bit self-conscious about it. Why do I tell them? Because I'm too dopey to keep it to myself! :reject:

But, I've been fortunate...the women at the library where I work know I like them--at least, the women I'm friendliest with--and are very sweet about it. Two of them have called me at home to see if I knew that they're going to be on Conan! And when I was waiting for Bono after the talk yesterday, I called the crew that was on to tell them what I was up to. (Wednesday night is a usual shift of mine, and three of my very bestest buds there were on. I'd switched shifts to have last night off.) It helps that one of them is a HUGE Aerosmith & Steven Tyler fan...she goes on about him and has seen them many times. So, she can appreciate me waiting in front of NYU. Plus, they were happy that I was so very happy last night. I'm very lucky.

In certain situations, it's best to keep a low profile. But it's always nice when you don't have to keep this side of your personality hidden--it's just one of the facets of your personality that make you, you.

:rockon: :rockon: Thank you.. ;)

Thankyou Edgette, NS, oneluv & all for all the pics!!! :bow:
LOVE the collegiate jacket shots, signings, and bonomouth! :drool:

Gosh I wish I were there in NYC, d*mmit! such a big week of concerts & events!!!! - Conan, Corbijn show & book signing, Nobel! *sigh* :(

Btw - what does "GIH" stand for??? Aside from Gorgeous Irish Hottie, of course! lol ;)

p8ru2 said:

Btw - what does "GIH" stand for??? Aside from Gorgeous Irish Hottie, of course! lol ;)

GIH stands for Glucksman Ireland House. The lecture was put on for GIH, as the inaugural lecture in honor of the late Sen. Moynihan, which will be an annual event.

DOh! thanks for replying & clearing that up for me, mabel! :) much appreciated!

BonosBaby12 said:
That picture of Bono in the letterman jacket has got to be one of the sexiest ones of him ever! :drool:

I know! Why IS that??? :hmm: I never even went for the jocks... :shrug:

youvedonewhat said:
Y'know, Edge has got such a kind face. Looking at these pix I can so imagine those eyes crinkling at the corners and those whiskers stretching into a jaw splitting grin.

...and Bono? Well, lets just say he's like a coal fire burning in a grate - hot, inviting and easy on the eye. Yeah, I wouldn't mind comfying up to him....:drool: :drool:

....you and a million other of us :wink:

Back
Top Bottom