Pictures from Mexico

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
skjuls said:
I was front row center.

Woohoo!!

:applaud:

skjuls said:

Awesome show

the stage was lower than the European shows. Being up front was like being in the arena only bigger.

:up:

skjuls said:

Camping out since Friday afternoon

:ohmy:

People in Mexico sure seem to line up early!
Read on u2log that there are already 200 people in line in Mexico City!

skjuls said:
If anybody was there and has their own pix..................
Can I order some pix from you or something??????????????

I was front row center and didn't have a camera so................. I don't have my own pictures!!!

Please....................................

Awesome show

the stage was lower than the European shows. Being up front was like being in the arena only bigger.

I'll post more later but I'm tired

Camping out since Friday afternoon and I'm now back in DC.

I'm exhausted.

Great job to the Monterrey Fan Club for the line.

The bit about the stage being lower than Europe isnt correct its the same height it was only Croke Park where it was much higher because of the stadium.

Miringeltje said:

Woohoo!!

:applaud:

:up:

:ohmy:

That just ridiculous!
Where does it end start queuing when the tickets go on sale??:rolleyes: :scratch:

Miringeltje said:

Mexican fans of the Irish band U2 wait outside of Aztec Stadium in Mexico City Monday Feb. 13, 2006. Hundreds of fans camped out for days at the stadium for tickets to the group's two concerts in the city, beginning Feb. 15

8652eeb9.jpg

6dd1013b.jpg

Now that is what I call dedication :crazy: See what happens when they only come around once in a blue moon! Thank god I'm in a major city :drool:

Bono's Tart said:

The bit about the stage being lower than Europe isnt correct its the same height it was only Croke Park where it was much higher because of the stadium.

Thanks for correcting me. I was just going on the information I was told. I wasn't in Europe so I just used others point of reference.

However this is one of the smallest stadiums U2 will play.

The ellipse seemed very small compared to some of the picture I've seen.

skjuls said:

Thanks for correcting me. I was just going on the information I was told. I wasn't in Europe so I just used others point of reference.

However this is one of the smallest stadiums U2 will play.

The ellipse seemed very small compared to some of the picture I've seen.

Its tiny compared to the shows I went to!!

All our shows we were on the rail on the Bstage on Adams side great views of the stage plus we were so near Bono and Larry!!:drool:

Shame about the cold though we were all passing out with the heat unusual for the UK!!:wink:
although not for Madrid!!!:ohmy:

skjuls said:
If anybody was there and has their own pix..................
Can I order some pix from you or something??????????????

I was front row center and didn't have a camera so................. I don't have my own pictures!!!

Please....................................

Awesome show

I'll post more later but I'm tired

Camping out since Friday afternoon and I'm now back in DC.

I'm exhausted.

Great job to the Monterrey Fan Club for the line.

Wow!!! Glad you made it back. You camped since Friday? :shocked: When the gates opened, did you just run like a madwoman or what? How did that work? {Need tips for Hawaii}.
Glad you had a great time. The pictures I posted came from the u2mexico website (or Argentinia). I haven't gone back to see if any more were posted. These were coming thru live during the show last night (on the Spanish sites). Fantastico! :wink:

Galeongirl said:
:giggle: It's always Bono hanging out of car windows.... little kid! :wink:
thanks for the pics!

Bono hanging out of car windows never fails to crack me up. He's like a happy puppydog...an Irish Setter, perchance. Woof!

did bono talk a lot in spanish?? cuz i know wherever he's aborad, he says something in the local language. i wonder how fluent he is in it? :hmm:

anyone know?

one4u2 said:

Mexican fans of the Irish band U2 wait outside of Aztec Stadium in Mexico City Monday Feb. 13, 2006. Hundreds of fans camped out for days at the stadium for tickets to the group's two concerts in the city, beginning Feb. 15

8652eeb9.jpg

6dd1013b.jpg

Now that is what I call dedication :crazy: See what happens when they only come around once in a blue moon! Thank god I'm in a major city :drool:

No joke.

Lila64 said:

Wow!!! Glad you made it back. You camped since Friday? :shocked: When the gates opened, did you just run like a madwoman or what? How did that work? {Need tips for Hawaii}.
Glad you had a great time. The pictures I posted came from the u2mexico website (or Argentinia). I haven't gone back to see if any more were posted. These were coming thru live during the show last night (on the Spanish sites). Fantastico! :wink:

No running............... They didn't want us to run because we had to go down this huge ass stairs. The only one running was Super_Fan and I told him to stop.

I walked really fast though.

Basically for the first 40 people it was probably orderly.

Babydoll said:
did bono talk a lot in spanish?? cuz i know wherever he's aborad, he says something in the local language. i wonder how fluent he is in it? :hmm:

anyone know?

Bono did talk in Spanish and sang a Mexican song I believe.

The Human rights were in Spanish on the screen as well.

Most of his spanish was prewritten on pieces of paper for him.

He used the teleprompter a lot for this show and Adam and Edge were looking too. :wink:

one4u2 said:

8652eeb9.jpg

6dd1013b.jpg

So I guess there is no way in hell I'm gonna get that close for the shows in Mexico City. :(

Thanks Lila!! How I love that leather jacket of Bono's. And Edge's hair is growing out from under his beanie, lol.

Adam06.jpg

Adam Clayton at his arrival at the Stadium, also allowed his admirers and Communications Media cameras to capture him

Mexico06.jpg

Still at the airpost The Edge and Bono talked for a few minutes to those who welcomed them

bonomexico.jpg

The members of the band routed to Estadio Tecnologico, for the rehersals of the event

**two of the pics have such tiny writing I could not read it!!:|

From U2log.com:

"U2 kicked off the fourth leg of their Vertigo tour in the Mexican city of Monterrey yesterday (Feb. 12). 48 hours before the concert, more than 600 fans were sleeping at the gates of the stadium in order to get into the ellipse; 24 hours before the show, there were more than 2,000 fans. Mexicans have really missed the band, since the last time U2 visited Mexico was during the PopMart tour in 1997.

Bono spoke in Spanish several times during the concert. Before “One,” he said to the audience: “La gente dice que no se puede cambiar al mundo, que tu no puedes, que yo no puedo, The Edge no puede, pero si se puede, si actuamos todos como UNO.” Translation: “People say you can’t change the world. You can’t, I can’t, The Edge can’t…but it is possible if all we act like ONE.”

One surprise during the show was a snippet of the traditional folk song “Cielito Lindo” during “Bad.” Other highlights include Bono pulling two girls on stage for “Miss Sarajevo,” and another one during “With or Without You.”

Cielito Lindo
Quirino Mendoza y Cortés, ~1859-1957

De la Sierra Morena,
Cielito lindo, vienen bajando
Un par de ojitos negros,
Cielito lindo, de contrabando

Coro:
Ay, ay, ay, ay,
Canta y no llores,
Porque cantando se alegran,
Cielito lindo, los corazones

Pajaro que abandona,
Cielito lindo, su primer nido,
Si lo encuentra ocupado,
Cielito lindo, bien merecido
Coro:

Ese lunar que tienes,
Cielito lindo, junto a la boca,
No se lo des a nadie,
Cielito lindo que a mi me toca
Coro:

Si tu boquita, morena,
Fuera de azucar, fuera de azucar,
Yo me lo pasaría,
Cielito lindo, chupa que chupa.
Coro:

De tu casa a la mía,
Cielito lindo, no hay más que un paso,
Ahora que estamos solos,
Cielito lindo, dame un abrazo.
Coro

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps answer the questions about Bono speaking (and singing) in Spanish last night.

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

skjuls said:

Bono did talk in Spanish and sang a Mexican song I believe.

The Human rights were in Spanish on the screen as well.

Most of his spanish was prewritten on pieces of paper for him.

He used the teleprompter a lot for this show and Adam and Edge were looking too. :wink:

Congratulations!! :applaud:

I'm from the DC area, too! Did you travel down to Mexico City just for the concert, or do you have ties there?

Lucky duck... :drool: :drool:

Babydoll said:

anyone know?

Based on his ability to count in Spanish... not very! :wink:

one4u2 said:

8652eeb9.jpg

6dd1013b.jpg

No kidding!!! I just threw a bit of a tantrum at all the set list whiners and complainers in the U2News forum for the same reason!! A lot of spoiled and self-centered people around these parts... :sad: they seem to have totally lost sight of the music and the point of all of this! :sigh:

Back
Top Bottom