Picture Request: Larry and Garbage.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

topplehatU2

Refugee
I heard about Larry playing with Garbage, and being a fan of both bands, would like to see this. :wink:

larry_garbage.jpg

larry_garbage2.jpg

larry_garbage3.jpg

larry_garbage4.jpg

Oooh, thank you so much for the pics, I've been looking for them for so long! I am a Larry girl (in case someone didn't know that already :wink: ) and I love Garbage, so :drool: ! I only wish I'd been there in person to see this wonderful collaboration.

this is in the book 'U2 Live' by Pimm Jal de la Parra :

'December 2,2001 Miami, Fl, American Airlines Arena

Attendance: 19,000; sellout
Support : Garbage

On the last date on the Elevation Tour, Larry Mullen plays the drums on 'Only happy when it rains', the last song of support band Garbage's set. Shirley Manson, singer with the group, writes in her online diary: "When Larry Mullen Jr. joined us on stage and played the closing song of our set with us, the crowd went off and just about lifted the roof right up from the stadium. How can I possibly describe what a thrill it was for us to play with him ?"

Here's what Shirley wrote on the online diary:

Sunday, December 2nd Tonight here in Miami was our last show opening for U2 and indeed the last show of U2's entire world tour.It was a very emotional evening all around and mercifully,to add to the occasion we had such a killer show! The audience seemed to be really up for being entertained so the atmosphere was pretty electric to begin with and when Larry Mullen Jnr.joined us on stage and played the closing song of our set with us which happened to be "Only Happy When it Rains", the crowd went OFF and just about lifted the roof right up from the stadium. How can I possibly describe what a thrill it was for us to play with him? We were all grinning like village idiots.It's strange......Duke and I were talking about this the other day...........when you do what we do for a living you find yourself in the priviliged position of meeting all the "stars du jour" and sometimes.......or should I say MOST times,they prove themselves to be horribly, disappointingly NASTY. The incredible thing about U2 is this: They are not in the least bit NASTY. They're kind, intelligent,funny and down to earth human beings who also happen to retain that aura you want from rockstars......that quality that sets them slightly apart yet does not distance them from the common man........... still be capable of creating MAGIC........an alternative universe to the one down here. Tonight after our own set I slipped into "The Heart" to watch the U2 show from start to finish and nearly died of a mixture of embarassment and delight when Bono spotted me three or four songs in,lay down and sang the middle break of " The End of the World" right there infront of me. I just about swooned into a happy death right there and then.

Isn't that sweet? Shirley would make a perfect Pleban...:wink:

Or wait...

Maybe she is here already? :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom