Pics of Larry's taped up/bandaged arm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skott100

Acrobat
Strange case of life immitating art immitating life...

I've recently developed some health issues with my arm and wrist and I think it's drumming related. As a drummer in a U2 tribute band, the irony has not escaped me. Even funnier, my chiropractor is taping up my arm before shows and it seems to be helping along with the other treatment and therapy. I seem to recall seeing Larry's arm all taped up from time to time and I'm curious to compare his to mine.

Can the PLEBANS come through for Barely Larry? I think they can...

0320larry20birthday20cake20150-1.jpg

here its one give a sec and Ill find more

This is great! Thank you so much!!! Sending to my doctor right now...

Laney_82 is employee of the month everyone!!!!

OK I am a hand therapist and can tell you what is going on with Larry's arm from the pictures. He has lateral epicondylitis (tesnnis elbow) and probably ECU tendonitis (a wrist tendon) common problem in drummers. The wrist splint is for resting, the bands are counterforce straps and the taping is called Kinesiotaping and works wonders for these problems. I saw him wearing the tape at a Vertigo show and got a kick out of it. I oftne think- I could be his own personal threapist, travel around with him, message those nice arms...he he
Anyway, I hope the info helps, skott100

Everytime I see pics of Larry's taped up arm, I can't help but think : Ouch!
Hope it doesn't hurt too much.

Sorry to hear you're having similar issues, Skott.

:hug:

BonoFox1 said:
Is it always the same arm???..I think the pics get turned around and it seems like one arm then the other
In most of the pics it's just his right arm, but there are a few where you can see tape on his left arm too. In the Elevation tour photos, the bands are on his left arm.

tripletmom said:
OK I am a hand therapist and can tell you what is going on with Larry's arm from the pictures. He has lateral epicondylitis (tesnnis elbow) and probably ECU tendonitis (a wrist tendon) common problem in drummers. The wrist splint is for resting, the bands are counterforce straps and the taping is called Kinesiotaping and works wonders for these problems. I saw him wearing the tape at a Vertigo show and got a kick out of it. I oftne think- I could be his own personal threapist, travel around with him, message those nice arms...he he
Anyway, I hope the info helps, skott100

how painful is this? and how bad is it that he continues drumming with such a condition?

Back
Top Bottom