pics of Ireland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annj

War Child
as I live in the North Of Ireland I was on a small mini historic tour this weekend and one of the places we visited was slane castle.. the old ruins right next to where u2 played in Slane in their U2 go home concert.. so thought I would share the pics with you for those who are on the other side of the waters and want to feel that little bit closer to know what u2's native Ireland countryside is like:)

at one time you could climb up the castle tower and get a great view of the concerts.. but then they locked it up:eyebrow:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/samuel.hamilton1/boynepics/slane.html

Those pictures are great......Can't wait to take some of my own...
Cuz I am going to ireland in September for 2 weeks!!! woohoo!

Can't wait...seeing these pics makes me more excited!

Thanks annj! :wink:

it looks like where i live! i live on the oregon coast and everything is green like that. i was just marveling on it the other day, how beautiful it is, and thinking how horrible it is that i have to move to the desert for a year in arizona! :mad: i would love to go to ireland even though it looks like my land, cuz with certain people theres some *ahem* other GOOD scenery to see!:wink:

our tour guide was a character telling us all these old myths of irish legend and stories and swearing it was all true. espicially about merlin the magician casting a spell and sending the stoneHenge from Ireland to England :lol:

Sue DeNym said:
Me too. And when you're frying in the Phoenix heat, the cool, green Irish countryside looks like Heaven. :sigh:

Heh, I can imagine it does.

It's funny, there's so many hilly areas here, so at times it kinda reminds me of Ireland...but then I'm always bummed to remember that I'm not over there, but here in Nebraska (nothing against Nebraska or anything, but...you know...Ireland...).

Angela

funny I have lived here all my life, and though I know there is some beautiful scenery ect I find it hard to believe that peeps would love to stay and visit here, cos to me the rest of the world is a more exciting place and if I had the money I would be gone *l*
so it always amazes me people yearn to be here.. maybe its a case of the grass always seems greener on the other side:)

where I live in Belfast we are surrounded by moutains, and when I look at them it always gives me that contented feeling I am home, and if you like wet weather Ireland is the place to be:wink:

annj said:
funny I have lived here all my life, and though I know there is some beautiful scenery ect I find it hard to believe that peeps would love to stay and visit here, cos to me the rest of the world is a more exciting place and if I had the money I would be gone *l*
so it always amazes me people yearn to be here.. maybe its a case of the grass always seems greener on the other side:)

Must be it. That always seems to be the case with people-if they've lived somewhere their whole life, obviously the rest of the world will seem more fascinating, 'cause it's a change of scenery, change of lifestyle and everything, you know?

I've just always wanted to visit Europe in general. I think that'd be such a fascinating continent to explore, what with the history and the beautiful landscapes and the different ways of talking and living and all that.

Originally posted by annj
where I live in Belfast we are surrounded by moutains, and when I look at them it always gives me that contented feeling I am home,

That's cool. :).

and if you like wet weather Ireland is the place to be:wink:

Heh, well, I do like cool, drizzly days, so...

How often do you see tornadoes out there?

Angela

Tornadoes almost never, if they happen it would be more a small freak of nature, *lol*
the worse weather that can happen is localized flooding and the odd heavy snow fall and stormy winds but mostly the weather is moderate we are pretty lucky that way, though there can be a lot of grey days... but when the sun shines it can be glorious:)

annj said:
Tornadoes almost never, if they happen it would be more a small freak of nature, *lol*

You've just given me another reason to want to go there, then. :D.

the worse weather that can happen is localized flooding and the odd heavy snow fall and stormy winds but mostly the weather is moderate we are pretty lucky that way, though there can be a lot of grey days... but when the sun shines it can be glorious:)

That's fine. The flooding and winds would be a problem at times, sure, but the heavy snowfall, drizzly days, or sunshine? Fine by me! I'll take any one of those three types of weather. :).

Angela

you can come and stay with me anytime then:wink: though I live 90 miles from Dublin tho which could be a disadvantage.. if you are u2 spotting *l*

annj said:
you can come and stay with me anytime then:wink:

LOL, cool. :D. All I'd need to do now is find ways to obtain money to go. :p.

though I live 90 miles from Dublin tho which could be a disadvantage.. if you are u2 spotting *l*

Eh, if I want to do that, I'm willing to make the 90 mile trip. I mean, I'd definitely love to check out Dublin and all that, check out the hometown my favorite band grew up in, but I'd love to visit the rest of that country, too. :).

Angela

Back
Top Bottom