Pics of Bono with fans onstage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Miroslava said:
Melissa! There you are! I thought that was you in the Belly dancer costume!

You made it too a couple times and your mom was all over the print interviews! Also saw you hmm where did I see you... not sure, but it was on TV and they showed the GA line at the Elevation opener and I paused it and told my mom! That's Melissa! I met her... remember I pointed her out to you in the Brooklyn thing! :wink:

Hopefully we'll meet on tour again :wink:

miroslava,

email me anytime at
bellydancer@u2.com

yeah, my mom didn't realize she was talking to the AP and was gonna be printed everywhere!!!! my grandma in illinois called and was like "why'd i wake up and read deb's name in my paper!" i was in a couple of shots on mtvjammed....and was interviewed by cnn, mtv, and local news channels in nyc. don't know what made it out there. happy to see a few of us at the front made it up on the railing tho.

anyway, it's so weird that website u posted, cuz that guy has my name and everything and i had no idea he or the site existed!!! i'm not a high-profile fan either, cuz ever since i got to bellydance and got flamed at 17-years-old for living out my dream by jealous wirelings, i stopped posting and only have lurked the boards for years. i just joined and started posting again here because of the ticketing mess/trading situation.

and after bono pulled me 3 times on elevation either people know who i am and are jealous and cruel, or don't know my story and i try to keep it that way so that fans will be nice....and i don't have to deal w/bs.

anyway...i guess what i'm saying is that i'm in shock that some guy in germany has my name and pix posted on a website, since i'm not widely known in the "fan online community!"

thanks so much for posting that tho, cuz i now have a new pic of the most amazing night of my life to add to my collection!!!:heart: :dance: :rockon:

342%3B%3A5%3A%3B23232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2327%3D%3C3%3A%3D%3A58%3DXROQDF%3E2323762%3B69473ot1lsi

popbellydancer said:

anyway, it's so weird that website u posted, cuz that guy has my name and everything and i had no idea he or the site existed!!! i'm not a high-profile fan either, cuz ever since i got to bellydance and got flamed at 17-years-old for living out my dream by jealous wirelings, i stopped posting and only have lurked the boards for years. i just joined and started posting again here because of the ticketing mess/trading situation.

and after bono pulled me 3 times on elevation either people know who i am and are jealous and cruel, or don't know my story and i try to keep it that way so that fans will be nice....and i don't have to deal w/bs.

that's a shame that people can be like that :(

I think one of the great things about Pleba is that when people share their stories here, they get a postive reaction for the most part :hug: If you ever feel like posting about your experiences, I'm sure we would love to read it. But I understand if you don't want to do it because you've been burned before :hug:

and I think it's really cool that you got to bellydance on stage :up:

Well for the record, AlliDreamsOutLoud posted the Miami Girls link first, it was just funny-like and not working, so I went looking for the actualy link so the thanks go to her as I also did not know about that site.

And Mel... the fact that you have to hold back on sharing your story cause of petty jealousy sucks, but sadly you are not the first person I have heard that has experienced backlash like that... I even got a teeny tiny bit of it myself over the Brooklyn show :( :hug:

Anyway, I was ecstatic to see you in the stand alone Vertigo clip and on MTV Jammed. :happy: And I did see SOME of those TV newscasts and you were not on the, hmmm red haired dude with the One tattoo on his back (I suck with names) understandably got most of the airtime alongside hmmm did I mention I suck with names lovely Blonde haired girl with Larry Mullen Band t-shirt and Irish flag boa... I have some of those clips I can probably send on to you if you want them...

Will email you soon so you at least have my address :D

Last edited:
kellyahern said:

Do you know the story of this girl? I saw a MuchMusic special about it where she talks about holding up a sign saying "I play a mean guitar" and how Bono saw it and pulled her up and got her to play and she improvised w/the singing bit and Bono had a look like, "Is this girl for real?" cos she's in a little band with her brother and does sing, etc.
I remember feeling soooo jealous when I watched it!!:mad:

4EVRU2 said:

Do you know the story of this girl? I saw a MuchMusic special about it where she talks about holding up a sign saying "I play a mean guitar" and how Bono saw it and pulled her up and got her to play and she improvised w/the singing bit and Bono had a look like, "Is this girl for real?" cos she's in a little band with her brother and does sing, etc.
I remember feeling soooo jealous when I watched it!!:mad:

I remember that!
*was jealous too*

Back
Top Bottom