Pics of Bono in "The Sims"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Echo

War Child
Was anyone else's life taken over by playing "The Sims"? I'd heard about the game for a long time, but I was only prompted to go out and buy it when I found out you could download and play a Bono-Sim! I've had two games so far using him; here's the pics from the first one, I'll post the pics from the second one later.

XX76988.jpg

Yd20227.jpg

Yc76878.jpg

XZ90959.jpg

5U98540.jpg

Ys55709.jpg

Yu58865.jpg

-Echo

(P.S. If you have The Sims and want to play Bono, go to www.thesimsresource.com and do a search for "bono")

------------------
"Master, I am in great distress! The sprits I have conjured up I now cannot get rid of!" -Goethe

"Are you implying that I'm an internet slut?" -Bono

Bono-Man! An Epic Superhero Adventure http://www.geocities.com/bonogoestovegas

The Official PLEBA Glossary: Replacing Crippling Confusion With Mere Disorientation! http://www.vodkatea.com/g/glossary.asp?gid=165

[This message has been edited by Echo (edited 11-07-2001).]

I love that game!!!! I play it all the time. But I never knew you could get a Bono-Sim. This makes the game even better!!! Now I'll be up playing it all night.

[This message has been edited by Can'tSeeOrBeSeen (edited 11-07-2001).]

5U98540.jpg

BONO: "Ooooooo ... Lava lamps. Not as cool at the Popmart arch"

Ys55709.jpg

Why so fuzzy ... is there an elevated Bono lurking in the bathroom?

------------------
Jessica

"Rock and roll doggie"
--Bono

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

?Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades.?
--Bono

Originally posted by Echo:

That SHOULD work. The next time you open up the Sims, go to the character setup and when you scroll through the different faces and bodies he should appear. I think Bono is under the selections for the medium-skin-toned people, so you may have to dig around a bit.

Hope this helps.

-Echo

Thanks!!! It worked!!!

Yu58865.jpg

I was also wondering how you got the pictures of Bono hanging on your Sims walls. Did you get them from the same site?

[This message has been edited by Can'tSeeOrBeSeen (edited 11-07-2001).]

You have to teach your Sims to cook, otherise they'll cut or burn themselves. Since Bono works, I've been making Edge the skilled chef. But occasionally he'd be asleep when Bono was hungry, so I'd just say, "What the Hell, Bono can make his own damn dinner." And then BONO SET THE KITCHEN ON FIRE!

aL68311.jpg

aS86768.jpg

This happened TWICE!

Bono will never cook again.

-Echo

[This message has been edited by Echo (edited 11-07-2001).]

LMAO....I am sorry but the thought of Bono cooking and burning the kitchen down just cracks me up...
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Can'tSeeOrBeSeen:
Thanks!!! It worked!!!

I was also wondering how you got the pictures of Bono hanging on your Sims walls. Did you get them from the same site?

There's a program you can download called Sims Art Studio. I think you can get it on www.thesims.com. If not, try www.thesimsresource.com. The program lets you take pics you have on your computer, frame them, and turn them into objects you can buy.

-Echo

------------------
"Master, I am in great distress! The sprits I have conjured up I now cannot get rid of!" -Goethe

The Official PLEBA Glossary: Replacing Crippling Confusion With Mere Disorientation!
http://www.vodkatea.com/g/glossary.asp?gid=165

Wow! I've been hearing about the Sims for awhile now, but dont' really know what it's all about...what is it, Echo? How do you "play it"?? Will you post some more piccies from your Bono game, it looks really fascinating!
biggrin.gif

disco

OMGOMGOMG!!!

The Sims are soooooooooooooo addicting!! and adding Bono to it?? lord, save me now!! lol!!

*flees to download Bono*

what? homework? sleeping? eating? huh?

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

"A man dreams one day to fly
A man takes a rocket ship to the skies
He lives on a star that's dying in the night
And follows in the trail, the scatter of the light"

Originally posted by Discoteque:
Wow! I've been hearing about the Sims for awhile now, but dont' really know what it's all about...what is it, Echo? How do you "play it"?? Will you post some more piccies from your Bono game, it looks really fascinating!
biggrin.gif

disco

Where to begin...The Sims is a type of Simulation/Role-Playing Game. You create a family by putting together different physical characteristics and personality traits, and you set them up in a house. You have to control them; i.e. make sure they eat and bathe and go to work and have fun. Just like real life, the people have to get jobs and make money so you can buy them furniture and food, and also cool things like video games or gym equipment. As the people get promoted, they make more money. You also can make friends with neighbors, and study to learn special skills. For example, the more Bono plays chess, the more logical he becomes, and the more he practices a speech in the mirror, the more charismatic he gets. And the more Edge studies cooking, the better the food is and the less likely he is to burn down the damn kitchen like Bono did. These skills help them get promoted and make friends. It's very complicated, but like any other intricate computer game once you learn it, it is addictive. I wouldn't recommend it if you don't have any free time to spare.

I'll look around and see if I can't find more pics to post.

-Echo

------------------

The Official PLEBA Glossary: Replacing Crippling Confusion With Mere Disorientation!

Of course the game should have on the cover that it is extremely addicting. I once described the game as "playing God" LOL! Oh...as for the naked thing...unfortunately...there are no actual "bits" but there is a bum you can see.

------------------
Dana

"AHH...this is civics in action!"
--Mr. Campbell and me at a U2 concert, 6/21/01

"I simulate love making by beating a piece of wood with a metal wire on which it vibrates."
-Adam, when asked, 'If a martian landed and was introduced to you and asked what you do, what would you say?'

LMFAO @ Bono vs Edge roach problem HOW TRUE!!!!

and Bono setting the kitchen on fire!!! ROTFLMFAO!!!!!

that is sooooo cool I don't think I need anything else to addict myself to but I'll ask anyway. Do they make it for Macs? If so will I be able to use the skin? Oh my too funny.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Echo, it is hilarious that you posted this because just a couple days ago my roommate started playing our own U2 Sims game!! It's the four guys and then me living in the house....we all tried to fit in the same bed, but we finally got rid of the others so I could be alone with Bono
wink.gif
Anyway I just thought it was really amusing that you had the very same idea
smile.gif

------------------
"And when it's raining,
raining hard, that's when the rain will break my heart."

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's so funny!!!! Especially the one with the blurry Bono...I wish they could make one of Larry, that would be so hilarious, like having him on a Harley, dressing like Elvis..LOL I can actually see him doing that

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
www.angelfire.com/tx2/KITIYU2

Question from Caller:we want to know how he's maintained his youthful looks. we think he looks so much younger than the rest of the band

Larry:let me put it this way. Michael Jackson got the idea of the oxygen tent from me. and all this hanging out with monkeys and shit like that, it's all to do with that.

D&C: That's a funny story. How come you've managed to slow down the aging process?

LM: That's a good question. I think it's the healthy living. I do all the right things. It's all the creams. I don't know maybe it's in my Levi's.

Do you guys buy this game or download it?

Fishy <><

------------------
Fishy
The Bedazzled Merch-Maid and Fashion Chair of Orgasmatron
and
The Original Hot Potato of LAYS

We're off to see the Wizard, the wonderful Wizard of Oz, we hear he is a wiz of a wiz if ever a wiz there was, if ever-oh-wehver a wiz there was the Wizard of Oz is one because, BECAUSE, because, because, BECAUSE...Because of the wonderful things he does!

[This message has been edited by FishNeedsABicycle (edited 11-07-2001).]

i have "The Sims" with the 2nd expansion only..."Livin' Large"(U.S., where i live) or "Livin it Up" (in the UK.) Its a cool game but i thought that Bono skin to be quite unappealing so i made a lighter skin one with better shades and stuff. And i even made Bono-ette herself!!!

Unfortunately...i havent played in ages
last time i played was beginning of this year

and ive been wanting the third expansion "House Party"

oh and you gotta buy the game...for all three games it'll cost a little over $70 (i cant convert currency if anyone needs it) and The Sims alone is $30-$40.

There i wrote a lot so bye bye and i ran outta cyber breath
Bono-ette

------------------
"Follow the leader children, as we flap like a chicken..."
-Me

"Life is stupid sometimes, but with Bono to look at--it seems better"-Me

Roleplay luver
:::puts on shades:::
:::turns up "The Fly":::
:::dances:::

LMAO!!!! Omg I wish I could read more. But I have a calculus test tomorrow!! Rackem Frackem....

------------------
~*Mona*~
a little girl With Spanish eyes

Love me, Give me Soul

"Mmm...unexplained bacon" ~Homer Simpson~

Magic Magic Magic Joe Houdini

I love "The Sims"! Haven't played them for awhile though...

I gotta get those skins!!! *lmao*!!

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Yes, they do make it for Macs - you may have to buy it directly from Apple though. I originally got it for my sister last year for Xmas (the comp is mine though hehe) and now that she's away, I kind of got addicted to it! I don't know oif all the downloads (like the skins) work for Macs though.

Originally posted by mbi16:
LMFAO @ Bono vs Edge roach problem HOW TRUE!!!!

and Bono setting the kitchen on fire!!! ROTFLMFAO!!!!!

that is sooooo cool I don't think I need anything else to addict myself to but I'll ask anyway. Do they make it for Macs? If so will I be able to use the skin? Oh my too funny.

Thinks to self: Should I ask where to get this? Do I really want to look like a pervert who gets off by looking at a tiny naked computer-generated facsimile of Bono?

...Naw, I'll wait for Mona to ask.

-Echo
<--- is eating a chicken sammich and fruit snacks and hot tea.

Hey...guys? Guys, I went to see Monsters Inc today with Julie and our friend Sarah and we made her listen to the BonoMix and Ultraviolet, and we were contemplating--

INTERNET SLUT BONO NEKKID??????!!!!!!!! WWWWWWWHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREE???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O you made me drop my sammich!!!!!!!

Do they play Sim Rugby?

------------------
~*Mona*~
a little girl With Spanish eyes

Love me, Give me Soul

"Mmm...unexplained bacon" ~Homer Simpson~

Magic Magic Magic Joe Houdini

you're all so silly. you make me laugh.

------------------
"You can download an atmosphere and dial up a groove, but there's a certain magic when three musicians and a dyslexic get together and play in a room." -Bono

Love,
Emily

The city's desire to take me for more and more...

Holy crap Echo that is hilarious!!
I love the Sims! I played it at a friend's
house and he had to kick me out b/c I wouldn't stop playing it.
Damn, and now I find that you can have
U2 in there?! *gulp* Pleasure overload!

Originally posted by JessicaAnn:

Why so fuzzy ... is there an elevated Bono lurking in the bathroom?

The world may never know...in The Sims, any time your characters are in, shall we say "compromising positions," they're blurred so you can't see their naughty bits.

-Echo

Shame, really.

------------------

The world may never know...in The Sims, any time your characters are in, shall we say "compromising positions," they're blurred so you can't see their naughty bits.

-Echo

Shame, really.

But we love Bono's naughty bits!

------------------
Jessica

"Rock and roll doggie"
--Bono

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

?Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades.?
--Bono

OH MY GOSH! In all seriousness, AGAIN, I was gonna post something about U2 and the Sims...LOL! Cause I downloaded from The Sims Resource the U2 fan skins, they are soo cool! And I made a bunch of pics of U2 for the sims to hang up, and the little girl in my one house didn't like them
frown.gif
although the one of Adam Clayton was by her bed, and she was pointing to the bed saying that it was in the way so she couldn't look at the pic, but, it could also mean she wanted to go to BED with him...LOL! (I also made a whole neighborhood full of U2 and their families...LOL...I never play that neighborhood cause its just for show) Yeah...the sims is a great game, I have been addicted to it for over a year now. I lost a whole summer to the game...oh and YOU CAN SEE BONO NAKED...you can get the skin that lets you see them naked when they take a shower...

------------------
Dana

"AHH...this is civics in action!"
--Mr. Campbell and me at a U2 concert, 6/21/01

"I simulate love making by beating a piece of wood with a metal wire on which it vibrates."
-Adam, when asked, 'If a martian landed and was introduced to you and asked what you do, what would you say?'

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
Hey! I have the sims, but I can't figure out how to do a search on that web site. HELP!!
http://www.thesimsresource.com/skins.phtml?section=Skins&page=/skins.phtml&rel_subtype=&sortby=&opt1=&opt2=&opt3=&opt4=&opt5=&action=Search&search=bono&searchonfield=

The above URL should take you to the page.

-Echo

------------------

Originally posted by DML:
oh and YOU CAN SEE BONO NAKED...you can get the skin that lets you see them naked when they take a shower...

Thinks to self: Should I ask where to get this? Do I really want to look like a pervert who gets off by looking at a tiny naked computer-generated facsimile of Bono?

...Naw, I'll wait for Mona to ask.

-Echo

------------------

Here's the pics from the second game. For this one, I used some of the pre-existing character traits to create an Edge. I even did my best to give them realistic traits: Bono is outgoing and messy, and he likes to play Chess; Edge is friendly and orderly, and he plays the guitar. Only Bono has a job; I got him a job in politics, which i thought was appropriate. It also explains the suit he's wearing in some of the pics.

Here's Edge playing guitar in his jammies.
smile.gif

Z432661.jpg

I bought Bono an Egg chair to read in.
YM83545.jpg

Here's the fundamental difference between Bono and Edge; illustrated through our roach problem:

Edge sprays the roaches...
6r90599.jpg

...but Bono just gets mad and stomps on them!
6n82678.jpg

This next one requires a bit of explanation. I downloaded this object, it's called the Fire of Envious Worship. Some tribes (in the real world, that is) build a fire and pray to it that their neighbors, who are wealthier than them, will have their homes destroyed by fire. But you have to be very careful, because if you don't show proper respect to the Fire of Envious Worship, it will burn YOUR home down! Anyway, in the game, if you worship at the Fire, it makes your Sims happier, and if you have neighbors they can join in and its good for your social life.
So here's our Zen Presbyterian:
Z142912.jpg

I almost didn't post this one. I put a fountain in the bathroom. If you do stuff like that, it makes your Sims like the room better, and you can have them splash their hands around in it and it makes them happier. When I captured this image, I was thinking, "Oh, how nice! Edge is playing in the fountain!" But when i went back and looked at it later it kind of looked like he was doing something else:
Z346552.jpg

Back
Top Bottom