Pic request + random thoughts...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kafrun said:
^^Eve's I think. I could be mistaken.. anyone? :shrug:

Sorry this is off-topic, but how does that work? (the "godfather" thing) Is it a Catholic thing? Am I right in understanding that a godparent is someone who would take the child if the parents died and if so, why would there be a different godfather for each kid (shouldn't they stick together)? Or is it more of a formality?

I got a couple with his wife, but not his kids.

edge6hn.png

edgecutie4vi.png

LivLuv my brother has godparent's set up for all of his children and we are Methodist. From what I have always heard it's supposed to be that they take over if something happens. Know all of the kid's have different one's but at least one of our brother's and sister's are godparent's. Personally I think one set should have this position so everyone is together. But everyone works differently!

As for Bono's family his kid's are just so beautiful! :cute:

Is the "godparent" thing legally binding? Or is it more of a recognition that one person is selfless enough to be willing to take on the child/children and the parents trust them enough to grant them the responsibility?

Hi... I think you are confusing godparent and legal guardian.

No, a godparent isn't legally binding as far as adopting and raising a child. It is meant, in this day and age, in a strictly religious sense-- the godparent promises, in the event that something happens to the parents, to see that the child is raised in their faith, and to oversee the child's instruction in said faith (both Catholics and many Protestants, I believe, have godparents); I think the only stipulation for godparents, aside from agreeing to the task at hand, of course, is that they are of the same faith.

My nieces and nephews godparent's were announced when the children were baptized. There was a specific question asked at one point during the service. Than the chosen godparent's stepped forward. Have been to baptism's though where it was not handled like this.

To be a legal guardian you would have to file that in court. My mom did this with two little boy's of a family friend.

verte76 said:
I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of Bono's kids becomes a nurse. Bono loves nurses, and Ali actually wanted to become a nurse. It's certainly something that one can do and make a heck of a difference in someone's life.

:hyper: Bono loves nurses!? Where did you hear or read that exact quote? I've heard and read that he thanks doctors and nurses when he has played "miracle drug", but I've never heard him say he loves nurses!!!!!!!!! I gotta get the exact quote, cause I'm an RN. I've read Ali talking about it but never Bono.

At the Minneapolis show, after he gave his little thank you talk about nurses and mds before singing miracle drug, I had made a huge banner that said: Nurses love U2 and hung it from the balcony in the front during the entire song . Bono finally spotted it during the middle of the song, read it , and then gave me "the arm up in the air with a fist" move (yikes, i don't know how else to explain it) . That was the highlight of my year. :cute:
So Verte, could you tell me where you read or heard that quote please? That would just be so fun for me to have.

I have read in an interview that Ali gave that she wishes she had studied to become a nurse. I would LOOOOOOOOOVE to sit down and chat with her about so many things. She inspires so many people with her humanitarian work. I'm sure her ideals and example has rubbed off on her girls so far. They're only teenagers now, but I wouldn't be surprised if they grow up to be amazing adult women involved in different causes, just like their parents have

Last edited:
well since Bono loves women, and nurses are female...
erm during vertigo Milano II(the one on film) he said before miracle drug, thanks to the doctors and the nurses, Especially the nurses *snicker*

:cute:

Back
Top Bottom